Haplogroup I and Warrior Cultures

JQP4545

Reaction score
Anyone notice that they areas with high concentrations of Haplogroups I1 and I2 are known for being fiercest warriors? I1 is found among Scandinavians and Germans who are both known for being stoic fighters. The Vikings and Germanic tribes dominated Europe for the last several hundred years. I2 is associated with the Illyrians who were described by the Greeks as a tall, warlike people. The people of the I2 Balkans are also known for their fierce stoic nature. Is there a connection between haplogroup I and warfare? Were the Spartans haplogroup I?

Actually even in Germanics haplogroup R1 is more dominant than I. Honestly you can connect very nicely every haplogroup with warrior culture.

Germanic marker is R1b1a2a1a1 S21 after it conquered areas in central Europe which had hg I subclades(I1a1, I1a3, I1a4, I1b, and I2a2), then southern Scandinavia (mainly I1a2 L22 subclades) Later Germanic tribes had hg's from those native people. R1a1a1b1 Z283 people who spoke the ancestral language to Balto-Slavic migrate out of Yamna culture in Russia and Ukraine and conquered most of eastern and central Europe and southern Scandinavia(including Finland) they were the Corded ware culture people started about 5,000ybp. R1a1a1b2 Z93 people who spoke the ancestral language to Indo Iranian and probably Tocharian conquered a huge chunk of Asia. They also migrated out of Yamna culture probably in northern Russia. Over time from about 5,000-3,000ybo they Dominated almost all the land from the Caspian sea-west China and central Siberia, Indus valley-Iran and Iraq. R1b1a2a1a L11 Germanic Italo Celts some people don't believe this but I do. Migrating out of some where in eastern Europe arriving in western Europe in 3,000bc and eventulley spread conquering all of western Europe and southern Scandinavia. The Turkic tribes also were very successful warriors and conquerors in the ancient world they would have had mainly Mongliod Y DNA haplogroups. Then of course there are many Great warrior cultures and conquerors from the ancient Near east like Babylonians and Persians who would have been mainly under hg J Persians since Indo Iranians speakers would have had a pretty good amount of R1a1a1b2 Z93. I don't think you can associate Y DNA with the most beast warriors in ancient times I doubt it has anything to do with it. The Vikings are a good example hg I warrior culture. There were also some great Chinese warriors like Sun Tzu so hg O and Japanese Samuri.

In ancient times warfare was so much different there was not as much of an idea as we have a far away military to protect us. Everyone had to fight for their family clan/tribe or whatever you want to call it. It was hand to hand combat everything the weapons did incredible damage and it was a ton more gruesome. Roman writer Tacitus and Julies Caesar said that Germanic tribes trained from when they were little kids to be able to endure physical hardships and when accepted as an adult was give a shield and spear and were allowed to carry it whenever they wanted and their was a cycle very man had to at some point have military service which meant they were constantly in some type of a conflict and that would not be are in the ancient world. It was a lot more personal and tribes always had to worry about being slaughtered and raided. There were a lot of warrior cultures in ancient times you cant say one ethnic group or Y DNA hg was the best. You can read parts of the old testament and the threat of being invaded is mentioned a lot and the Jews were constantly in some type of conflict.

Some people think all migrations happened super fast like the mongol invasion, the majority of migrations took a long time, example the Lombards from Germany took 168 years to reach Northern Italy, granted they first stopped in the Austrian Vienna area.

This thread has been viewed 4971 times.

Back