Why does life exist? A new theory

I think that's overstating England's conclusions. However, he does seem to have a childishly simplistic misunderstanding of the circumstances in which life can evolve, and a tendency to attribute purpose to chains of chemical reactions.
Often it is very healthy for science to have a look at things from different and unorthodox angle just to make sure we are on right track.

Often it is very healthy for science to have a look at things from different and unorthodox angle just to make sure we are on right track.

That's true, but abiogenesis is a very complex subject. There's a lot more to it than a few cool math equations - life just doesn't arise that easily from inorganic compounds.

Occam's razor Aberdeen. It was an article I found interesting like LeBrok said "Often it is very healthy for science to have a look at things from different and unorthodox angle just to make sure we are on right track." It shouldn't be a surprise that life first originated around hydrothermal ducts 3.5 billion years ago. Like England said it doesn't replace Darwinism, it's complimentary to it. I don't think it can be duplicated in a lab (atom reorganization to the needed form probably took a few hundred million years), but mathematically it might be able to be determined. All you have to do is figure out unicellular organisms, and the rest falls into place through Darwinism.

Occam's razor Aberdeen. It was an article I found interesting like LeBrok said "Often it is very healthy for science to have a look at things from different and unorthodox angle just to make sure we are on right track." It shouldn't be a surprise that life first originated around hydrothermal ducts 3.5 billion years ago. Like England said it doesn't replace Darwinism, it's complimentary to it. I don't think it can be duplicated in a lab (atom reorganization to the needed form probably took a few hundred million years), but mathematically it might be able to be determined. All you have to do is figure out unicellular organisms, and the rest falls into place through Darwinism.

With respect to the situation we're discussing, I don't think Occam's razor will give you the kind of shave you're looking for.

This thread has been viewed 14567 times.

Back