Politics Veneto wants to get autonomous from Italy

It's always helpful if people read posts carefully before responding...to wit...my statement was, " the last rulers to manage its (Sicily's) resources properly, in my opinion, were the Saracens."

As to your other points, if the facts come from Wiki, then of course, they're unassailable.

Although, you might want to look up "aridity" and "water management" with regard to Sicily...just a suggestion.

Oh, and take a look at a map while you're at it...Napoli is on the mainland, in Campania. Sicily is an island separated from the mainland by the Straits of Messina.

And yes, Napoli is blessed in its setting, and the nearby coastal areas are justly famed for their beauty and are tourist meccas. You may have heard of the Amalfi Coast? Taormina in Sicily is also beautiful and quite well known, and more could certainly be done with tourism in Sicily.

As for crime, I suppose it depends on what type of crime. Political corruption, fraud there is a plenty, even theft, but as to personal safety, you and your women and your children would be safer anywhere in Italy than in most places even in Europe, certainly safer than in the U.S. Well, unless you stray into some of the areas in the north that are home to our more recent immigrants.

According to datas from inet there are areas from Sicily which got lots of rain:
http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Italy/average-yearly-precipitation.php
Sure in the middle of land there is not so much rain,for example in Caltanissetta are about 458mm of rainfall,average on the whole year.
http://en.climate-data.org/location/1140/
But that is a very good amount of rain to raise grapes and make wine,since too much rain is not good for grapes.
Just searched,some people are making wine in Sicily (in Caltanissetta) so I do not think Sicily is such a poor land,as you say.

I prefer federalism...

Regarding to Venetian Republic government:

Virginians and Veneto: http://www.vqronline.org/essay/virginians-and-veneto

1786 - (...)
Vengono a Venezia gli emissari del nuovo governo degli Stati Uniti d’America, che la Repubblica riconosce per prima, per vedere le leggi dell’ordinamento veneziano. Queste leggi sono tutt’ora alla base della Costituzione Americana. (...)
Source: villadeivescovi.net/Venezia_Serenissima.htm

Last edited:
hmm

I do not know what to say,

Italian peninsula progress and jump infront was made when Italy was divided to states,
but Italian backwards was also done due to Italy was divided that times,

hmm
I wonder what Garibaldi would say in such case,
and how much Don and Medici and the rest known families would like such case,

anyway, it is not me who will decide, its up to them

hmm

I do not know what to say,

Italian peninsula progress and jump infront was made when Italy was divided to states,
but Italian backwards was also done due to Italy was divided that times,

hmm
I wonder what Garibaldi would say in such case,
and how much Don and Medici and the rest known families would like such case,

anyway, it is not me who will decide, its up to them

There is nothing to say. I have lived in Veneto, and majority of Veneto people in real life are not independentist. On the web you find a very exaggerated version of reality.

This thread has been viewed 15179 times.

Back