Eclectic interests of oriental.

Here is Deanne durbin singing with Metropolitan Opera Tenor Jan Peerce in Miserere -Trovatore

Deanna Durbin - None Shall Sleep Tonight - Nessun dorma

Rating:

0.0/10 (0 votes)
  • Rating 0.00/10

Date added: 11.08.2010 в 11:18
Views: 24
Deanna Durbin / Nessun dorma / Turandot / Puccini
( None Shall Sleep Tonight )

NONE SHALL SLEEP

None shall sleep tonight
None shall sleep tonight
Until the dawn's revealing
Of the sought for answer
Who might he be
Whose arms shall be my haven
My blissful haven
This everlasting hope for love
Bereaves the night of silent rest
For love awaits the dawn
And the dawning
Sweet voice of morning
Shall call his name
I'll keep vigil 'til the glow of sunrise
When he'll be mine
This everlasting hope for love
Bereaves the night of silent rest
Oh night depart
Ever the morrow
Stars on high grow paler
At daybreak he'll be mine
Mine at last
At last11/08/10, 1114

Last edited:
Here is Jonathan and Charlotte in Britain's Got Talent 2012. Charlotte is 16 and Jonathan 15. Later it was found that Jonathan has an older sister also named Charlotte.

Jonathan is future Opera Star.

Last edited:
Jonathan and Charlotte with Ave Maria

Here is another Ave Maria with Jonathan and Russell:

Some of Jonathan's fans can't wait for his "Nessun Dorma".

Here is Deanne Durbin with Ave Maria by comparison:

This is my favorite performance of Schubert's Ave Maria, although Pavarotti's is way up there too. It's by the great Rosa Ponselle. She also did a recording of Gounod's version, which is equally good, but there's a problem with the clip on youtube. Enjoy.

Last edited:
This is how Rosa Ponselle was and is regarded in the opera world:

• "When discussing singers, there are two you must first set aside: Rosa Ponselle and Enrico Caruso. Then you may begin." - Geraldine Farrar, soprano.
  • "In my lifetime, there have been three vocal miracles: Caruso, Ruffo and Ponselle. Apart from these there have been several wonderful singers." - Tullio Serafin, conductor.
  • "When you hear the voice of Rosa Ponselle, you hear a fountain of melody blessed by the Lord." - Mary Garden, soprano.
  • "The most glorious voice that ever came from any woman's throat." - Walter Legge, record producer.
  • "The greatest singer of us all." - Maria Callas, soprano.
  • "The Queen of Queens in all of singing." - Luciano Pavarotti, tenor.

Some posts upthread we were talking about Un Bel Di Vedremo...One fine day, we'll see him (return) from Madama Butterfly. I should have posted this then. This is the best performance of it I've ever heard. Unfortunately, the Met never allowed Ponselle to sing it.

Beautifully sung but her voice doesn't have the crystal clear voice of Maria Callas. Her voice seems to have a slight fray (a fort of cracking) just like Julie Andrews. But anyway I am surprised at the Met's decision.

Here is a 14-year-old Greek kid singing with an opera voice:

From the comments he is singing a Neapolitan song in Italian.

Here is a 14-year-old Greek kid singing with an opera voice:

From the comments he is singing a Neapolitan song in Italian.

The boys is from Cyprus, to be more precise!

The boys is from Cyprus, to be more precise!

He is good and his voice is really grownup. Just wow. I hope he gets a good career. You can see the lady judge got the hots for him.(y):LOL:

He is good and his voice is really grownup. Just wow. I hope he gets a good career. You can see he lady judge got the hots for him.(y):LOL:

She is musician herself. Her name is Eugenia Manolidou ...

She is musician herself. Her name is Eugenia Manolidou ...

Is she a singer too? She is good looking. She almost swooned when the kid did the high notes. He is also very good looking so I think he will be big star.

Is she a singer too? She is good looking. She almost swooned when the kid did the high notes. He is also very good looking so I think he will be big star.

She is a composer breh ! Yeah, she is really good, married with 3 children.

Sometimes I wonder where to put these promising singers as opera companies are few and audiences not that large mostly of the elites and Italians.

Here is another young opera soprano Joanna Marie Skillett who sang with Jonathan. She is also a music teacher between contracts. This was a benefit singing event for the homeless during Christmas by Joanna Marie's opera singing group.

It is unbelievable that Jonathan booming voice actually drowns out Joanna Marie a good soprano.

https://www.facebook.com/joannamariesoprano

http://www.joannamariesoprano.com/

If a moderator is reading this, please move this into chit-chat as it is not serious stuff.

We kiss in the shadows from "The King and I":

This video is not from the movie.

Bali Hai from "South Pacific:

Some Enchanted Evening "South Pacific"

Love is a many splendored thing

Han Suyin (Jennifer Jones), a Chinese Eurasian falls in love but the guy never returns (William Holden)

This thread has been viewed 305695 times.

Back