Guessing Thread-People Who Have Fooled You

I don't know who David Ghandy is, nor I did understand that this was a thread exclusively about him. It starts as "people who had fooled you", and in first post I few different faces. Someone assumed that it was D.Ghandi in the picture I've posted, I don't know why, and it doesn't matter anyway because it's of no importance for the message I tried to put out.

I don't know who any of these people are and I just typed in Google the last name that I saw (which was Marios Lekkas) and laughed my ass off when I saw how these guys look naturally. After seeing the real and groomed/appropriately lightened/photoshoped Lekkas, I'm saying that these "processed" pictures can't be used for anthropo analysis.

Well, that's very disappointing. I, for one, will miss your clearly reasoned and subtle commentary.

And just for your information, none of these guys is "lightened". Advertising is something with which I have some experience, and spray tans are de rigeur, particularly if it's a "skin" shot.

Well, that's very disappointing. I, for one, will miss your clearly reasoned and subtle commentary.
That doesn't mean that I won't participate in further analysis, it's just my current standpoint that everything we conclude may be practically useless :)

And just for your information, none of these guys is "lightened". Advertising is something with which I have some experience, and spray tans are de rigeur, particularly if it's a "skin" shot.

I may have used wrong terminology? When I said lightened, I was thinking of a photography lighting. I've seen people looking quite different when they're flashed with 3-4 speedlites which are positioned conveniently to cover up "the weaknesses".

I think he looks at least as much central Italian as Greek. Apart from some looking more Balkan, I don't think central and southern Italians differ very much from Greeks.

Not really. Even central Italians differ very much from southern Italians.

Here is one that fooled me. I would have thought that Dominic Cooper was from the Mediterranean region and not British.

I always thought Jason Biggs (from the American Pie movies) was Jewish, but he is Sicilian and English descent. He looks very stereotypically Jewish.
Jewish ... SIcilian .. English ... all of these are just too vague to expect any type of characteristics.

The person who fooled me recently is Adam Driver. My immediate reaction was that he was at least partly Ashkenazi Jewish. He isn't. Then I thought maybe part Amerindian. He isn't. Two for two. :)

70769362.jpg

2A6EAEA600000578-3157086-image-m-22_1436584120562.jpg

Writer-director Noah Baumbach with whom he's made four movies.

NoahBaumbach-2017.jpg

9d05ce711a069c75ebffa51fc2127aba.jpg

683full-adam-driver.jpg

Then of course he convinced me he was French. :)

s118581882355374300_p158_i3_w800.jpeg

Even his surname sounds Greek-derived.

Are you talking about Marcello Mastroianni? Yes, he could be Greek, as a general matter, although I can't think of a Greek off-hand who looks like him. I find that mainland Greeks have harsher bone structure. He has more of an Alain Delon look to me, who was, btw, part Corsican, half or quarter, I can't remember, and imo looks it.
86dc76ec395bbc283d3f44665f81a462--alain-delon-brits.jpg

I saw him once when I was a little girl and he was already well along in years, and still, photos and even film didn't do him justice; he was absolutely breathtaking.
455full-marcello-mastroianni.jpg

Are you related to the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? You know, every word derives from Greek? :)

If you're talking about Driver, the name is German derived. He also has English, Scots, and French ancestry, so, Northwest European generally speaking.

I don't know if I've listed her before, but this is Lauren Bacall. I was shocked she was 100% Ashkenazi.

Lauren_Bacall_HQ_019.jpg

I've also always thought Jimmy Kahn looks very Italian, and he's Jewish.
cf3421c3c851a6a4ae905d4082d9d8ff.jpg

Genetics don't play out the same way all the time.

This thread has been viewed 19350 times.

Back