Question Why do you love somebody???

Why do you love somebody??? ;-)

• The lovely kind character, he/she makes me smile ...

Votes: 81 65.9%
  • The House, the yacht, the cars and the money - that?s all!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Her HUGE BREASTS/ His huge Co..!!!

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • I don't really love him/her... I simply don't want to be lonely....

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • What is love ?

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Other, don't know, don't care

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters
I believe every normal person has experienced some form of attraction that goes beyond the common physical infatuation, and this is called "love". The nature of it is probably different for men and women, based on how they describe it. However, it is way more physical than people make it to be. It still depends very strongly on looks. The looks are not necessarily the big "stuff", or age, but just a certain combination of features that are almost universally found attractive. When a man is under this spell, he does not see any other women particularly attractive besides "the one". However the spell lasts only a few days or weeks if it gets no reinforcement, even with reinforcement it rarely goes beyond 2 years, according to studies on marriage. Which is in quite a contradiction with the populist belief of eternal marriage and love, beefed up by countless movies targeting certain types of women. In a way, man is prisoner of the idea of "eternal love", he knows it is not "forever" (unless he is stupid), but can't openly deny it without giving the impression of someone that is going to "leave".

This thread has been viewed 122172 times.

Back