Mesolithic source of Pale pigmentation in modern Europe?

Which part of "large number of samples" don't you understand? There are 13 North Italians and 8 Tuscans in the HGDP database. Reductio ad absurdum only when it fits your agenda I see.

On the other hand all the recent papers are using the Hirisplex...

It doesn't seem like the authors of those studies are very concerned with such numbers, as they have no qualms about using smaller samples and parading the results around. Some of the anomalous results they show certainly do not inspire too much confidence in the system.

I regret to inform you that in the "real world", law enforcement doesn't run around interviewing witnesses with Luchan scales and copies of Coon in their hands. In the real world, dna is collected at crime scenes and run through Hirisplex calculators, which, if the sample and the "reads" are good, and the latest calculators are used, result in phenotypic predictions which are very accurate. Either Spain is in the Dark Ages in this regard, or, what is more likely, you are just uninformed. In the real world of scientific research, dna analysis to get reads on pigmentation and Hirisplex calculators are used in conjuction to study the occurrence and spread of different pigmentation profiles. I think it's time to enter the 20th century, never mind the 21st century, regardless of whether the results are to your liking.

I have personally posted numerous scientific studies which have addressed the accuracy of these calculators by comparing the results using reflectance tests on the actual test subjects. There are even studies which show actual causality rather than just correlation. You obviously haven't read them, or you would not be making these kinds of uninformed and unpersuasive comments. I would suggest that you do so. Use the search engine.

Regardless, the topic is not the accuracy, according to your own subjective opinion, of the results of such tests on HGDP or 1000 genomes samples. The topic is the "Mesolithic" source of pale pigmentation in modern Europe. Stick to the topic and stop trying to derail the thread into the ongoing and, in my opinion, ridiculous and I would go so far as to say 'disgusting' Iberian/Italian anthrofora war as to which group is "fairer". This also applies to the Italian posters who are engaging in the same kind of behavior.

Ed. In terms of the predictions which have been made by hobbyists on the genomes of the ancient samples used by Haak et al, I think we should be very cautious about drawing any hard and fast conclusions, given the fact that the samples are not very high quality in some cases, missing many snps, and the genomes were not run through a high quality, professional Hirisplex calculator. Hopefully, as there are some scientific papers in the pipeline, people's curiosity will be satisfied when these papers are published.

As you suggested yourself, they do that when there is only DNA to go by. In such cases physical anthropology can't help. But rest assured that when they have the suspects or victims in hand, forensic anthropology will be there aiding the investigation, like always. They are not going to depend on anything giving them "predictions" when they can very easily examine such things as pigmentation simply by observing it directly.

I asked you in a previous thread which where these studies that supposedly have confirmed the accuracy of these "predictions" by using such things as reflectance, but the only study that I can recall unquestionably doing so was Candille et al. 2012, and you can judge how reliable the "predictions" came out to be from their actual physical results. About as "reliable" as many of those "predictions" based on climatological factors in Jablonski & Chaplin 2000 which did not withstand scrutiny by means of actual skin reflectance measurements.

I have no problem sticking to the topic of Mesolithic pigmentation, but someone else brought up the topic of pigmentation among contemporary populations.

yep, traits like "joey"

was Joey also Adamo?
No, Joey is a my friend and he is a great, i also know Adamo and he is a t.roll.
Candile et al. with Sandra Beleza is a fraud and really pathetic, it's much better the study of Lucotte.

^^

Have you seen the photos of Sandra Beleza??

LOL

She looks hardcore Mexican and made Portuguese lighter than Poles on her manipulated "study".

^^

Have you seen the photos of Sandra Beleza??

LOL

She looks hardcore Mexican and made Portuguese lighter than Poles on her manipulated "study".
Yes LOL Hard to say that Portuguese are lighter than Polish with this face :LOL:

No, Joey is a my friend and he is a great, i also know Adamo and he is a t.roll.
Candile et al. with Sandra Beleza is a fraud and really pathetic, it's much better the study of Lucotte.

Joey C. is a racist, anti-Semitic poster who twists the facts.

This thread has been viewed 42475 times.

Back