Could Haplogroup Q in Europe be actually of Indo-European origin?

Curious that almost all the Q (7 cases overal) came from Mazara del Vallo which was the most important strategic point of Vandals and Alans but some Normans settled there for sure, the rest are one from Sciacca and one from Ragusa. Other studies didn't found other Q here though and they have studied Ragusa other two times.

Interestingly Georgian royal dinasty belongs to a rare cluster of Q1a3*.
They descend from Ossetian prince David Soslan (12th century AD) who married a Georgian queen of Bagrationi royal house.
The point is there is no single Q1a3* among modern Ossetians... So prince David Soslan might have been of Hun, Khazar or Scythian ancestry himself,

Interestingly Georgian royal dinasty belongs to a rare cluster of Q1a3*.
They descend from Ossetian prince David Soslan (12th century AD) who married a Georgian queen of Bagrationi royal house.
The point is there is no single Q1a3* among modern Ossetians... So prince David Soslan might have been of Hun, Khazar or Scythian ancestry himself,

Scythian unlikely because they would have been rather Q1b. Hun maybe, becaue Huns were mixed Scythians, Massagaeta and Mongols. Khazar likely because they were Turkic, although with strong Iranic element like all Turkic groups.

Isn't Q common in pre-colonial America?

Q is descendent of P which branched into Q and R.

Long time ago.

The Ps made it all over the world. Qs were in MesoAmerica and Rs are in Western Europe.

They both show up around the same time wolves are allegedly domesticated. MesoAmerican Qs had dogs. Western Europeans Rs had dogs.

They might have gotten there on dog sleds... just saying. The Qs probably come from the same place Rs come from... a place with lots of wolves.

The Ps made it all over the world. Qs were in MesoAmerica and Rs are in Western Europe.

They both show up around the same time wolves are allegedly domesticated. MesoAmerican Qs had dogs. Western Europeans Rs had dogs.

They might have gotten there on dog sleds... just saying. The Qs probably come from the same place Rs come from... a place with lots of wolves.
What I wanted to know basically was that is it possible that the Haplogroup Q in Europe was of a Caucasoid origin (European) or a Mongoloid origin. (Asian)

What I wanted to know basically was that is it possible that the Haplogroup Q in Europe was of a Caucasoid origin (European) or a Mongoloid origin. (Asian)

I would say it was neither. Maybe the original hg P* carriers looked somewhat similar to Northwest Coast Amerindians( in other words, they had phenotypes within the range of these people: http://firstpeoplesofcanada.com/fp_groups/fp_nwc1.html). Who knows really...

I highly doubt that Haplogroup Q is of Indo European origins. It just doesn't add up. Look at it's distribution and you will see.

This thread has been viewed 34501 times.

Back