Politics EU Frontex and Illegal immigration,

As the saying goes: "Give them a finger, and they'll take the whole hand"

"Migrants arriving in Sicily refuse to stay in Hotel because there is no TV and WI-FI"

But the brochure say it was part of the package?. For the price they must have paid to travel it should be included :wary2:
Nah, they were transferred in Livorno and they refuse that Hotel.
Maybe we are an holiday for them.

An opinion of this new agreement between Italy and Europe?

I think its just a suggestion so far and needs approval. Im skeptical although its been the strongest preposition yet for something concrete to be done.

It's a non-event, but it comes very handy for all politicians as they explain they made a good deal for their country
Italians will be relieved to hear everyone will do his share now as their politicians told them the burden was on Italy
But that was not true, few of the people rescued in front of the Italian coast actually apply for asylum inside Italy, they prefere not to be registered in Italy and try to travel up north.
Northern politicians are explaining their civilians that their country was allready doing their share, so there is no new obligation for them

the only ones who are happy in Greece of crisis, are always the tourists, and the newcomers illegall immigrants,

My heart aches for these people....pregnant and nursing mothers, some of them smothered in those ****** black shrouds, children...how horrific is their situation back home that they would brave this kind of perilous journey? Yet, how is this going to end?

http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...efusing-help-from-maltese-patrol-boats.566735

Maltese patrol boats have not been picking up migrants at sea because the migrants themselves refuse to be rescued by Maltese boats, the commander of the AFM’s maritime unit, Lt Col Andrew Mallia has been quoted as saying by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

He said that whenever Maltese patrol boats intercepted migrants’ boats the migrants invariably refused help.

He explained that the migrants did not want to come to Malta because that would make it difficult for them to proceed to Northern Europe.

The ONLY solution to this is a reassesment of the UN refugee treaty. It is a travesty. It facilitates this migrant crisis, if not causes this.

Well, they're settling for Italy because as posts upthread have indicated, they're disembarking in Napoli and Livorno.

You ought to pay a trip to the Cinque Terre, but take a little side excursion to the older, poorer streets of La Spezia. You'll hear more Moroccan than Italian.

It started a while ago. It's just getting more intense.
Bimbi La Spezia.JPG

Well, they're settling for Italy because as posts upthread have indicated, they're disembarking in Napoli and Livorno.

You ought to pay a trip to the Cinque Terre, but take a little side excursion to the older, poorer streets of La Spezia. You'll hear more Moroccan than Italian.

It started a while ago. It's just getting more intense.
View attachment 7235

Trust me, we have similar shit. I lived in such neighbourhoods.

Trust me, we have similar shit. I lived in such neighbourhoods.

I was merely pointing out that while they may not want to land in Malta, they have no objection to landing in Italy. I have no doubt many of them would then prefer to move on. Many of the North Africans already have family in France for example.

It is indeed a problem, but I would never use that word to describe desperate human beings.

Who doesn't have room for new immigrants.
article-1056390-02AB4DAA00000578-611_468x329.jpg

4 countries are just bursting in seams.

I heard Yetos for years lamenting about emigrants pouring into the Greece. Still Greece is underpopulated. But looke at Malta! Can we call it a country of Sardines?

Definitely Eastern Europe has some room, and Balkans. I'm surprised on so few refuges in Spain.

2a937efa-96af-11e0-baca-00144feab49a.img

I heard Yetos for years lamenting about emigrants pouring into the Greece. Still Greece is underpopulated. But looke at Malta! Can we call it a country of Sardines?

Definitely Eastern Europe has some room, and Balkans. I'm surprised on so few refuges in Spain.

Mah.
Angela you must look Via Maqueda in Palermo, it's full of South Asians and Catania as well.
I don't know why many are here.

Spain has one of the highest rates of asylum refusal in Europe, that why European Commission and various "human rights" groups are whining and pesting Spain to change its policy.

Shocking numbers indeed. Put those numbers in perspective of the whole population (forget the land size) and one can get a better picture.

Spain has one of the highest rates of asylum refusal in Europe, that why European Commission and various "human rights" groups are whining and pesting Spain to change its policy.

The type of illegal immigrants that enter Spain do not qualify for asylum such as Moroccans and other subsharan who can returned back according to UN charter. Hardly any Somalis, Eritreans or Syrians travel all the way to Spain. If they did they would have to comply as asylum cannot be refused for people from these countries. However they are more then welcome to host a few from here, seems like there is so much space :)

The type of illegal immigrants that enter Spain do not qualify for asylum such as Moroccans and other subsharan who can returned back according to UN charter. Hardly any Somalis, Eritreans or Syrians travel all the way to Spain. If they did they would have to comply as asylum cannot be refused for people from these countries. However they are more then welcome to host a few from here, seems like there is so much space :)

Spain might not grant them asylum but still lets them enter temporarily at least(whoever manages). In every big city of Spain you can see numerous sub-saharan Africans selling counterfeit Chinese products (usually they are very tall, not sure which country in Africa they come from).
And don't forget that many of them don't reveal their country of origin (well instructed by "human rights" groups) and determining who qualifies for the asylum takes lot of time and tax-payer money.

Spain might not grant them asylum but still lets them enter temporarily at least(whoever manages). In every big city of Spain you can see numerous sub-saharan Africans selling counterfeit Chinese products (usually they are very tall, not sure which country in Africa they come from).
And don't forget that many of them don't reveal their country of origin (well instructed by "human rights" groups) and determining who qualifies for the asylum takes lot of time and tax-payer money.

But according to the chart in 2009 Spain with a population of 46 million people is hosting just 4000 asylum approved migrants. Sweden with a population of 10 million is hosting 81,000 asylum approved migrants. Malta with a population of 400,000 people is hosting 6000 asylum approved migrants (2000 more then spain and look at the populations and land size). Asylum approved means that these people go on free health, schooling for children, need housing and given dole money to survive for indefinite period of time. Spain situation is minimal to say the least compared to others.

This thread has been viewed 159213 times.

Back