I think your comment is a bit inappropriate. Of course is a speculation but its an educated one based on present data available about y dna. My only concern is that there is not enough data for the whole regions. Regions like Anatolia or Levant are vast and there is need for a lot more data to draw a more accurate conclusion. Anatolia to my point of view is a collection of ancient peoples regardless the fact that today they live under the state of Turkey.
If some haplogroups were more successful than others has a lot to do with their inherited immunity against illnesses. The haplogroup R appears to be resistible. Balkan populations were hit by plague more than two times in the last 1500 years but I dont know any plague in North with Balkan or Italian devastation results.

Maciamo, I have not seen any evidence that I2 is high or present at all among Kurds. This internet myth is based on some super outdated study that did not distinguish correctly between some branches of J and I2. A similar scenario existed for the Caucacus mountains, in which Ossetians or nearby population was shown to have high amounts of haplogroup I, later studies of different samples found zero I2 but plenty of J.

Turkish I2a Dinaric is from Balkan Muslims.

If I2a Dinaric was present in the ancient Balkan, than it would be common haplogroup in the Roman and Greek world. Yet this is not the case at all.

This thread has been viewed 39989 times.

Back