E1b1b1 and J2 in Balkans and Italy

Some members certainly put up ridiculously emotional resistance to any challenge of their views without using any facts whatsoever. I was even told on one thread by someone with a clear White nationalist agenda that my theory "sounds like a lunatic" despite having provided evidence to support it, and that no rebuttal was necessary to dismiss it, as I'm "not an expert". Others, however, are more open-minded.

Arberesh are 3 certain villages in Italy.
all the others are Albanians to Italy.
Corinth was never settled by Arbanites,
search better,
as for Evoia not all is Arbanitan,
and I know all Arbanitochoria there, and I slept in many of them,
I guess you vnever went there.

Yetos, there is more than 3 Arberesh villages in Southern Italy, and some of those villages were actually Greeks from Morea particularly from Corone. They even brought Byzantine Catholicism to the South well in those villages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arbëresh_settlements

I think E-V13 is neolithic expansion and J2 can in through many movements, J2b is neolithic as well it was formed in the South Balkans and is native to both Albanians and Greeks and would before Helladic and Albanian cultures emerged. J2a is more difficult due to the lack of ancient samples aside from the one from Hungary, J2a was probably a Bronze Age migration, for sure some must have can earlier but most I think is Bronze Age and younger.

Arberesh are 3 certain villages in Italy.
all the others are Albanians to Italy.
Corinth was never settled by Arbanites,
search better,
as for Evoia not all is Arbanitan,
and I know all Arbanitochoria there, and I slept in many of them,
I guess you vnever went there.

Search Arbëresh Albanians in WIKI.

E1b1b and J2 in Italy and the Balkans are quite different from each other. In the Balkans most E1b1b is E-V13 (except in Greece and Bulgaria), while in Italy all subclades are found: V12, V13, V22, M34, M81 and even the rare V65 from North Africa. The most common, although by no means dominant, type of E1b1b in Italy is the Middle Eastern (Proto-Semitic ?) M34.

Same story for J2. Italy has much more diversity, especially for J2a. In the Balkans, over half of the lineages belong to J2b, which .

Albania and Kosovo have particularly little diversity for E1b1b and J2 subclades: mostly E-V13 and J2b2.

One reason Italy might have such diversity is that it was the center of the Roman Empire and people flocked from all parts of the Mediterranean.

This is just not true. The most common e1b1b in Italy is E-V13 by far. It is circa 80% of the e1b1b in the north of Italy & in the east of the peninsula, & it's about 50% of all e1b1b in the west of the Italian peninsula. You would have to add all the other e1b1b clades in the west to add up to the amount of E-V13 there. There are of course exceptions, like Sardinia, where EM34 is more common, but E-V13 is about 4x as common as E-M34 in Italy on the aggregate. E-V13 is fairly evenly distributed around the peninsula but it is about twice as frequent in the east & is 8-12% of all haplos in the north (compared to 6-7% of all haplos in the south-west & central-west (Tuscany, Lazio, Sicily). As stated, & I find it interesting, nay puzzling, that in the south & central western peninsula, E-V13 is only 5-8% of all haplos. It is more than double that (15-20%) all along the eastern peninsula (Ravenna, Venice, Bari, Lecce).

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 62005 times.

Back