A perfect storm coming to Near East!

Fareed, the voice of reason, on Soudis:

So this guy claims Saudi Arabia is the main driving source behind Islamic terrorism globally. If so, why would the Saudis want for the Western world to be constantly hit by terror attacks?

Also, you've mentioned at the beginning of this thread that, in this conflict, the Russians are against Saudi Arabia because they regard it as a competitor in the oil market, therefore supporting Iran. If Trump is a "good friend" of Moscow, why didn't he made a deal with Iran instead? Plus, why he chose to attack Al-Assad's Syrian forces in April at Shayrat if the Damascus regime enjoys Russia's support?

Guy works for CNN...everything they portray has an agenda attached...personally I wouldn't waste my time discussing.

So this guy claims Saudi Arabia is the main driving source behind Islamic terrorism globally. If so, why would the Saudis want for the Western world to be constantly hit by terror attacks?
They don't, but this is a side effect of their religious policies. By exporting their conservative islam they have ignated fighting islamic favor and intolerance around the globe.

Also, you've mentioned at the beginning of this thread that, in this conflict, the Russians are against Saudi Arabia because they regard it as a competitor in the oil market, therefore supporting Iran. If Trump is a "good friend" of Moscow, why didn't he made a deal with Iran instead?
Trump likes all the strong men as leaders, like Putin, Suerte or even Kim Jong Un. However, Trump has more money invested in Saudi Arabia, than in Russia or North Korea. Also more US trade and military cooperation is linked with Saudis, and as usually this is were US or Trump support will go.

I wonder how long Saudi Arabia can go with such low oil prices, without facing their own Arab Spring?

You can fantasize a conspiracy theory on how to increase the oil prices without the consumers (us) complaining too much: small chaos in the middle est.

Saudis, Iran, Russia, and Americas will benefit. Europe, India, China and Japan will not.

Saudi goverment is getting creative in order to get more funds to run the country.

Say hi to Sin Tax.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi-arabia-introduces-sin-tax-from-today-677317.html

I wonder how long Saudi Arabia can go with such low oil prices, without facing their own Arab Spring?

All countries which have no diversified economy and rely on one or several products, what is typical for oil producers, sooner or later fail into problem when main sector is in crisis (for various reasons).

Countries with diversified economies, have not such kind of problems, if one sector is in crisis other sectors can have boom.

You can fantasize a conspiracy theory on how to increase the oil prices without the consumers (us) complaining too much: small chaos in the middle est.

Saudis, Iran, Russia, and Americas will benefit. Europe, India, China and Japan will not.
I thought Putin got involved in middle East to increase oil prices, but so far I was wrong.
Keep in mind that US benefits more on lower oil prices, as whole nation. Oil industry is, in comparison to other economic sectors, not that bit in US, and US budget doesn't rely on high oil prices. On other hand Saudi Arabia and Russia can't go long with 45 bucks a barrel. If low prices persist, we could see revolutions in both countries. Though Saudi Arabia still have hundreds of billions in investments around the globe, and can sell their oil company for 3 trillion dollars. In this case, Putin should care more about low prices than Saudis.

All countries which have no diversified economy and rely on one or several products, what is typical for oil producers, sooner or later fail into problem when main sector is in crisis (for various reasons).

Countries with diversified economies, have not such kind of problems, if one sector is in crisis other sectors can have boom.
I think Saudis understand it finally and trying to change this, though maybe too late. On other hand having so much oil, no matter how hard they try diversification, their economy would always be lopsided.

I thought Putin got involved in middle East to increase oil prices, but so far I was wrong.
Keep in mind that US benefits more on lower oil prices, as whole nation. Oil industry is, in comparison to other economic sectors, not that bit in US, and US budget doesn't rely on high oil prices. On other hand Saudi Arabia and Russia can't go long with 45 bucks a barrel. If low prices persist, we could see revolutions in both countries. Though Saudi Arabia still have hundreds of billions in investments around the globe, and can sell their oil company for 3 trillion dollars. In this case, Putin should care more about low prices than Saudis.

Yes LeBrok, I mentioned that it was just a conspiracy theory.
The only part I can't evaluate is the risk to invest in oil stocks these days?

This thread has been viewed 13815 times.

Back