Haplogroup N or N1c = Mongoloid ( is this proven already ? )

Gurka atla

Reaction score
I understand there is still a debate but is it proven that haplogroup N1c is Mongoloid ?

The study: " Northwest Siberian Khanty and Mansi in the junction of West and East Eurasian gene pools as revealed by uniparental markers "

It claims haplogroup N ( N2 and N3 ) in Europe and Siberis are all Mongoloid/East Eurasian

http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v16/n10/full/ejhg2008101a.html

ejhg2008101f1.jpg

WHY I BELIEVE IT EVEN WITHOUT THIS STUDY ?

Khanty, Nenets, Mansi are all have mostly Caucasian European maternal DNA ancestry with mostly paternal Haplogroup N

Yet genetic shows they are all 70-90% Mongoloid racially and gentically which shows haplogroup N could only be Mongoloid.

95% in Ngannasans
90% in Yakuts
77% in Nenets
65% in Finns
55% in Dolgans
34% in Estonians

NganasansY_DNA.gif

SakhaY_DNA.gif

NenetsY_DNA.gif

DolgansY_DNA.gif

I guess N1c spread over Siberia coming from the Manchuria area allready 12 ka.

An Haplogroup can't be 'Mongoloid' or 'Caucasoid'.
Yes, but we can ask a question, where did it start. In Mongoloid or Caucasoid society? If it started in Mongoloid groups than at the beginning it was prevalent in Mongoloid groups only.

I do not think it makes perfect sense to correlate haplogroups with races although it can be done in a very loose sense. For example we can say Haplogroup N people originally looked most similar to _. In response to the theory, yes I do believe that the original carriers of N had a Mongoloid appearance, and so did R (which some people here or the neo-nazis on the various anthropology forums will not be happy about). I think there is a correlation with height also, and that eastern Finland (higher N) is shorter and the coast with Swedish speakers (higher I) is taller, and in the Baltic too.

This thread has been viewed 5339 times.

Back