Dinarid

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Herzegovinan Croat
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a1b – Dinaric
mtDNA haplogroup
H1
When researching Haplogroup I, I have seen on the internet references to I* (basal I), and two groupings: I*1 and I*2. But I am unable to find any specific information about them other than some people posting on Eupedia that I*2 is found among Cretans and some Caucasians (as in from the Caucasus).

I would appreciate any further information about these subclades.

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here. Your nomenclature doesn't make sense. There's no "I*1" And "I*2" because "*" means "not a member of any known subclades." We do have I* (very rare), I1, and I2.

If you're interested in I* in particular, we only have one example last I checked, from a Hazara individual tested in 2013. We also have an IJ who may be closely related. See my comment here: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...-quot-Anatolia?p=468691&viewfull=1#post468691

Maybe I confused it, but when I search "I2c2-PF3827" on Google, the second result that comes up is I2*, and also "Cluster B", so it was maybe considered to be "I2*" at some point.

Maybe I confused it, but when I search "I2c2-PF3827" on Google, the second result that comes up is I2*, and also "Cluster B", so it was maybe considered to be "I2*" at some point.

You are correct, it was called "I2*-B" for a while.

Due to lacking statistics I don't know where is Dinaric-South more than Dinaric-North in the Balkans. What is it in Bosnia or in Herzegovina, presumably south?

This thread has been viewed 4259 times.

Back