West Asian Admixture on Gedmatch

Edil

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Turkic
Can anyone tell me what's exactly the "West Asian admixture" stands for and what are the differences between that and Caucasian admixture or Gedrosian admixture? Or are all these admixtures same? Thanks.

Start from here:
link

Thanks, I have already checked but the maps still don't answer my question though. Are Gedrosian, Causasus and West Asian admixtures different from each others? If so, in which ways? Can you provide an answer?

I always thought of West Asian as Caucasian. I assume that's why Georgians, Armenians, Chechens, Abkhaz, Adyghe, etc. have the highest "West Asian" admixture components.

Can anyone tell me what's exactly the "West Asian admixture" stands for and what are the differences between that and Caucasian admixture or Gedrosian admixture? Or are all these admixtures same? Thanks.

west asian = from Anatolia, the caucasus, north of the Zargos mountains, Iran/Paersia, Balochi, Gedrosian, Bactrians, Sogdians, turkmenisatn, between the caspian and Aral seas and some more.
Maybe Iraq ...but not sure

Kurds, assyrians, Armenians are also west asian

South-west asians .......are arabs and all of the arabian peninsula

South Asians are majority Indians and unsure if pakistan and bangladesh are included

It seems to me that West Asian and the Caucasus are often used interchangeably.

West Asian is the Caucus area. Southwest Asia is the Arabian Peninsula and Levant. Sometimes West Asian and Southwest Asian are combined in West Asian totals.

West Asian is the Caucus area. Southwest Asia is the Arabian Peninsula and Levant. Sometimes West Asian and Southwest Asian are combined in West Asian totals.

Most of time West Asian and Southwest Asian are combined in West Asian totals

Just South Caucausia / Transcaucausia is part of West Asian (y)

This thread has been viewed 14136 times.

Back