Natufian E1b1b1 spoke proto Afroasiatic

Serbs are Huno-Avaric people. They also hail from the Iranian tribe Serboi which is still classified as a plausible theory on Wikipedia.

Any of their colonies? Do you think people in Carthage - Hannibal Barca included - were mute (hint: they spoke Punic, the evolved form of Phoenician)? Sorry but the Phoenicians spoke a Semitic language, more accurately a Cana'anite language.

They spoke a mix of their language with Luwian ................since the Karatepe and the Cinekoy inscriptions have been found

They spoke a mix of their language with Luwian ................since the Karatepe and the Cinekoy inscriptions have been found

These are bilingual Phoenician-Luwian inscriptions from southern Anatolia. Is there any evidence of Luwian ever being spoken in Carthage, or anywhere else in the Mediterranean (hint: we have Punic inscriptions from much of the western Mediterranean)? The answer to that is no. Sorry, but Phoenician was a Semitic language, and the statement you made earlier in this thread, I'm quoting you again, is simply false:

I do not know what you are trying to say.............but, the phoenician bought no semitic language to any of their colonies in the med.

These are bilingual Phoenician-Luwian inscriptions from southern Anatolia. Is there any evidence of Luwian ever being spoken in Carthage, or anywhere else in the Mediterranean (hint: we have Punic inscriptions from much of the western Mediterranean)? The answer to that is no. Sorry, but Phoenician was a Semitic language, and the statement you made earlier in this thread, I'm quoting you again, is simply false:

also there are these from Malta:- Because they present essentially the same text (with some minor differences), the cippi provided the key to the modern understanding of the Phoenician language. In 1764, the French scholar Jean-Jacques Barthélémy relied on their inscription, which used 17[n 1] of the 22 letters of the Phoenician alphabet, to decipher the unknown language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cippi_of_Melqart

This thread has been viewed 16408 times.

Back