How accurate is this nevgen Y-haplogroup predictor?

srdceleva

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-m458(L260)
mtDNA haplogroup
U4b1b1
I found this y haplogroup predictor from another member online. I previously had taken a ydna test with ancestry.com which only told me I belonged to haplogroup R1a, however after plugging in my results to this y-haplogrpup predictor, it states with 99.4% probability I belong to haplogroup R1a- m458. Has anyone esle tried this? How trustworthy is this predictor?

http://www.nevgen.org/

Screenshot_2016-07-05-11-50-41.jpg\
Screenshot_2016-07-05-11-51-05.jpg
Screenshot_2016-07-05-11-51-16.jpg
my results based on the predictor

I tried Nevgen too, it returned the same result as Cullen for me but with some notification about low fitness values so I contacted the developers. Got reply qith an explanation in a day or so too. Quite good for a free service.

How do you plug Ancestry.com results into those websites? They seem to want STR marker values which I thought weren't in the Ancestry raw data.

How do you plug Ancestry.com results into those websites? They seem to want STR marker values which I thought weren't in the Ancestry raw data.
I took the old Y-dna test from ancestry. They don't offer it anymore. The test they have now doesn't test for Y-dna

My nevgen prediction was identical liek I got from admins in R1A FTDNa project.

My nevgen prediction was identical liek I got from admins in R1A FTDNa project.
Good to know, I ordered the living DNA test so I'll know my y DNA for sure with in a couple of months

If you want check exact SNP I think German YSEQ is cheapest for that.

I took the old Y-dna test from ancestry. They don't offer it anymore. The test they have now doesn't test for Y-dna

Ah, thanks. The new tests (all Sorenson lab users such as 23andMe) do include raw data for the Y (chromosome "24"). It's SNP based and can only get most rudimentary subclades. The previous version (885 tested Y locations) could get down to I-1 and the current test (1691 Y locations) can get me to I1a3 (Z63). There is one more location tested for S02478 further down the tree which is I1a3a.

I'll compare to my pending LivingDNA and see how it looks.

Ah, thanks. The new tests (all Sorenson lab users such as 23andMe) do include raw data for the Y (chromosome "24"). It's SNP based and can only get most rudimentary subclades. The previous version (885 tested Y locations) could get down to I-1 and the current test (1691 Y locations) can get me to I1a3 (Z63). There is one more location tested for S02478 further down the tree which is I1a3a.

I'll compare to my pending LivingDNA and see how it looks.
How do you check ur subclad out from the ancestry raw data?

How do you check ur subclad out from the ancestry raw data?

I'm unable to post links due to post count. Google "ancestry raw data ydna morley predictor" and choose result "DNA Geneology: How to get YDNA haplogroup from AncestryDNA results" and you'll get a post from GeneticGeneologist explaining the process.

You have to edit the file to 23andMe format then download and run a simple program designed to derive SNPs from 23andMe results. You then plug the SNP list into the Morley Y haplogroup predictor website.

This thread has been viewed 9890 times.

Back