Please classify this man....

As you know i'm not too found of guessing upon a sole photo (picture); But I'll try it for the fun.
Don't seem to brachcycpehalized; without any sound ground I would bet: meso-subdolichocephalic (78 to 80?); the seemignly receding forehead, the broad cheekbones and the rather narrow down jaw point to a strong 'capelloid-brünnoid' input; I would say what could be the result of 'cromagnon' and 'brünn' crossings of Mesolithic, where the 'brünnoid' phylum dominates, surely even more on the lateral view (I risk it without profile view);
Without offense, it seems a modern descendant of some kind of Loschbour!
(I m too young to have met Loschbour man; if offenced, please do write to my advocate)

Moesan you disappoint me, my image of you is a Merlin, wise old man, grand beard, who certainly met the Loschour :grin:
Anyway thanks, 'modern Loschour' (although no receding forehead) can live with that.....(no choice either hahaha).

Already Coons stated about the Northern Dutch: 'The German Nordic is without doubt strong, but the excessive size of head and face, an particular facial breadth, make it clear, that the older Upper Paleothic elements, Brunn as well as Borreby, have been incorporated in quantity.' That was in 1939.

In the fifties he has dropped that. No Brunn no Borreby. But the broader "Northwest European", which 'apparently recapitulates the pre-agricultural population of this region. Western Irish, Scots, Norwegian from the centrals coast, Swedes near Goteberg and certain other local groups deviate strongly in the direction of this type.'

When there is a direction between genotype and phenotype this could be the case with me....even for Northwestern Europe the hunter gatherer is more excessive present, more in the Baltic figures.

What are hints to Loschour?

I. Eurogenes, Gedmatch
Eurogenes Hunter_Gatherer vs. Farmer Admixture Proportions
Baltic HG.gif

Population
Anatolian Farmer 6.60
Baltic Hunter Gatherer 61.83
Middle Eastern Herder -
East Asian Farmer -
South American Hunter Gatherer -
South Asian Hunter Gatherer 1.50
North Eurasian Hunter Gatherer -
East African Pastoralist -
Oceanian Hunter Gatherer 0.45
Mediterranean Farmer 29.61
Pygmy Hunter Gatherer -
Bantu Farmer -

II. FTDNA Ancient Origins
Hunter-gatherer 50%
Farmer 39%
Metal age 11%

III.Gedmatch MDLP K23b 4-Ancestors Oracle:

# Population Percent
1 European_Hunters_Gatherers 42.61
2 European_Early_Farmers 24.62
3 Caucasian 23.45
4 South_Central_Asian 4.35
5 Ancestral_Altaic 3.63

So analyses are just analyses, but from the 22 chromosomes the HG component ranges between 42%-62%. That's more than average in NW Europe (that's way I guess in certain tests my aDNA resemble that of Coon's Upper Paleothic hot spots...).

I guess this all supports your views of Loschour 2.0! (y)

Last edited:
Looks Scandinavian to me

Before I posted I checked his biography to see if has mixed parents maybe but they both seem to be Swedish unless its granpa or granma or beyond (I will not be surprised at all)

Born in
Lund, Måns Zelmerlöw is the son of Birgitta Sahlén, a professor at Lund University, and surgeon Sven-Olof Zelmerlöw.[2][3] Zelmerlöw studied music in high school in Lund

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A5ns_Zelmerl%C3%B6w
. However I agree he does not what you call a typical Swedish look, but seems that he is Swedish enough :)

some Jewish background? Zelmerlöw seems a "dutch-germanic" name and some Polish names seem appearing among people of the same second name in the genealogy of homonyms (taken as a 'patronymic' first name sometimes) - father chirurgian... I avow I don't know - second name present in Sweden, DK and Belgium if I rely on the net (a dangerous thing sometimes)
that said I knowed a Swedish footballer Kindvall whose features were not too different. Pleasant features all the way.

some Jewish background? Zelmerlöw seems a "dutch-germanic" name and some Polish names seem appearing among people of the same second name in the genealogy of homonyms (taken as a 'patronymic' first name sometimes) - father chirurgian... I avow I don't know - second name present in Sweden, DK and Belgium if I rely on the net (a dangerous thing sometimes)
that said I knowed a Swedish footballer Kindvall whose features were not too different. Pleasant features all the way.

Zelmerlöw no Dutch conotation Moesan.....typical German.

I was thinking in a "metissed" name (change of country) because I did not find any surname in true German beginning with a Zelm-, only Selm (pronounced /zèlm/);so I SUPPOSED a half "dutchized" German name, what is never impossible at first sight; I confess it's a guess, no more to say on my side.

This thread has been viewed 12754 times.

Back