Cat 4 Hurricane headed for Florida

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Hopefully, the track will take it a little east and so Florida won't take a direct hit. The situation seems under control, but then Florida has a lot of experience with these, and they have competent government officials, unlike New Orleans.

I find the Weather Channel addictive at times like this, and not just because of its hunky weatherman, Jim Cantore. :)

Actually, there's a certain segment of the population which turns on the Weather Channel a lot. I don't know...maybe it's the "catastrophe" aspect, the same reason that people slow down to look at an accident.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weath...closer-florida-late-monday-forecast/91515650/

1475669884.jpg

They're telling 2 million people to evacuate. They won't, but I hope at least the people right on the coast listen to the warnings, and at least get to local shelters. Hotels, hospitals, schools, etc. are taking in people.

web1_M-HurricaneTraffic-EDH-161006-1024x753.jpg

The meteorologist : Duuuuuuuh I love carpet. I love.....eeeeerrrr desk deeerrrr duuuhhh

Burgundy: are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?

Meteorologist: I love...lamp...duuuuuuhhhh duuuuhhhh

Burgundy: Do you really love the lamp or are you just saying that because you saw it?

Live streaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05sznGzBaLo

I've got the Weather Channel on, and they have ten of the staff ranked behind the director of the Hurricane Center as he tells people to please heed the evacuation warnings. I've never seen that. People must not be evacuating in the numbers necessary, perhaps because this specific area hasn't had this kind of event for a hundred years.

I think the major problem with this particular hurricane may be the water. Worst case scenario, which is how you have to plan, they're talking about seven to eleven feet of storm surge in some areas plus waves plus high tide. Inland areas aren't spared totally because it swells the rivers and streams.

This thread has been viewed 2679 times.

Back