Server move: forum will be closed for a few hours

this morning, for the 1st time the forum seems to work with my favourite google chrome browser

I won't be able to test thouroghly, tomorrow I'll be off for 18 days

It works perfectly. Thanks, Maciamo. I appreciate all the hard work you put into this.Oh, I can see my new avatar now too. Thanks.
who is it Angela,it looks like a 50 yo pic of a soccer player

I notice one inconvenience, my return button does not seem to work in the edit thread posts, like here.Do you see what I mean?

I notice one inconvenience, my return button does not seem to work in the edit thread posts, like here.Do you see what I mean?
No, I am not sure what you mean.EDIT : just testing.

Last edited:
this is quick replythis is quick replythis is edit postthis is edit postnotice the difference?

I just tested the edit function and the break line doesn't seem to be working properly. All the text is compressed in one line. I will see what I can do. Is that the problem you were referring to?EDIT: another test

Last edited:
who is it Angela,it looks like a 50 yo pic of a soccer player
My father's brother, and my favorite uncle. We recently lost him, unfortunately. The older I get, the more people I lose, the more problematic the holdiays become.

I just tested the edit function and the break line doesn't seem to be working properly. All the text is compressed in one line. I will see what I can do. Is that the problem you were referring to?EDIT: another test
This "no space" existed in chrome for a month now. Probably showed up with last Chrome or Board updated. It is not related to server move.Move cursor to existing text, or generally move it few spaces, or go Advanced Window. It malfunctions only on occasions, mostly it works good.

I found something. When replying to a post (Reply With Quote), there is no Go Advanced button. And emoticons don't work. They show but don't function.Again, Chrome and Windows 10

I get no recognition of using any key to create a new line when i write replies................the text seems to follow some type of "wrapping" system

Sorry, Maciamo, but now when I post the tools bar doesn't appear, and I can't create paragraphs.

Right, for me too.

Can't login from Firefox. I'm logged in using safari, but in Firefox when I enter my password, the characters aren't hidden by the little black dots as I type them and when I click submit I get a wrong password error in spite of the value being right.

Sorry, Maciamo, but now when I post the tools bar doesn't appear, and I can't create paragraphs.
I had to disable the extended tool bar for quick replies otherwise there were compatibility problems with the latest version of Chrome and the space bar didn't work anymore. Now oddly even the basic tool bar doesn't show up. I contacted vBulletin. They knew about the issue, but since vBulletin 4 is no longer supported, they are not going to fix the problem. One solution would be to upgrade to vBulletin 5, but despite the fact that it has been released for nearly 5 years, it has much less plugins than vB 4. For example we could not be able to use the Experience plugin anymore, with the points, levels, activity, awards and achievements. I am not sure there is a plugin to give + or - votes for individual posts either. vB4 is generally regarded as better than vB5, and that's why most other forums still use it. Another possibility would be to get XenForo or IPS instead. That's something we could discuss here.

Can't login from Firefox. I'm logged in using safari, but in Firefox when I enter my password, the characters aren't hidden by the little black dots as I type them and when I click submit I get a wrong password error in spite of the value being right.
I tried logging in on Firefox and it is working fine. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?

I had to disable the extended tool bar for quick replies otherwise there were compatibility problems with the latest version of Chrome and the space bar didn't work anymore. Now oddly even the basic tool bar doesn't show up. I contacted vBulletin. They knew about the issue, but since vBulletin 4 is no longer supported, they are not going to fix the problem. One solution would be to upgrade to vBulletin 5, but despite the fact that it has been released for nearly 5 years, it has much less plugins than vB 4. For example we could not be able to use the Experience plugin anymore, with the points, levels, activity, awards and achievements. I am not sure there is a plugin to give + or - votes for individual posts either. vB4 is generally regarded as better than vB5, and that's why most other forums still use it. Another possibility would be to get XenForo or IPS instead. That's something we could discuss here.
The tool bar doesn't appear in advanced either. If it at least appeared there it would be fine.

My father's brother, and my favorite uncle. We recently lost him, unfortunately. The older I get, the more people I lose, the more problematic the holdiays become.

Oh no! Did he pass on just this month? No matter when, my condolences!

This thread has been viewed 30199 times.

Back