Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Dustin Hoffman may belong to Y-haplogroup J1

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

Post Dustin Hoffman may belong to Y-haplogroup J1

Actor Dustin Hoffman had participated in the PBS TV series Finding Your Roots, in which we learned that he belonged to Y-haplogroup J. Browsing through the Jewish Y-DNA Project, I found two individuals with the surname Hoffman, one from Poland and one from Kiev, Ukraine. Dustin's genealogy confirms that his great-grand father came from Kiev, and it is therefore highly likely that this corresponds to this lineage. If that is the case he would belong to haplogroup J1-Z18271 (downstream of ZS227), which corresponds to the lineage of the Y-chromosomal Aaron.
    Last edited by Maciamo; 19-02-17 at 18:11.
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.