Mexican DNA results

Seanp

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Neapolitan, Swiss, Slavic
This woman in the video is genetically over 80% Native American, yet she looks like a random South European person from the streets of Madrid or Rome. It makes me think that the so called Native American DNA is a lot closer to West Eurasians than previously thought as some test stated that over 40% of the Native ancestry have some ancient ties to Western Eurasia.

Estimated DNA ancestry:

80.2% Native American
12.1% European
4.3% Sub Saharan African
1.5% North African
1.1% Middle East
0.9% Ashkenazi Jewish

So you think South Amerids are displaced EHG + some Siberian and small Australian mixture?

The color of your skin is irrelevant to Ancestry, it could just simply be that Angel inherited dominate genes from her Spanish or North African ancestors. The color of your skin is solely based on how much Melanin you have, the more UV Ray sunlight that's in your ancestor's original homeland the more melanin you evolved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin

If you are talking about a connection between Indo-Europeans and Native Americans, both Paleolithic Ydna Q tribes and Paleolithic Ydna R tribes descended from Ydna P in Siberia/Central Asian area. Native Americans were already spread out in the Americas by the time EHG tribes evolved.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_Q_Y-DNA.shtml

When discussing correlation between phenotype and ancestry I think it's important to understand different populations share many of the same traits, some Nigerians might have more similar facial features to some British than to most other Nigerians. All populations have a huge variety of traits and different populations share the same traits. SOme traits which define a population might not be wholly unique to that population. For example not everyone with blonde hair has Scandinavian ancestry, it's that Scandinavians have the highest frequency that trait.

So imo some Native Americans have traits more popular in Europe than in America. She could be Native American or European. Her skin is strangely pale, but I don't think her facial features are very European. Also, there might be less differences in facial features between women of different populations. With that in mind if she wears her hair the way most white girls do, wears the same cloths she can pass as white.

So you think South Amerids are displaced EHG + some Siberian and small Australian mixture?

I think they're descendants from similar stock of what Malta boy's ancestry was. I have the feeling their DNA isn't completely scanned as they may have some other ancestral links to already non existent people.

Siberian is a modern genetic component, but i think proto Eurasians that moved to America were partially the ancestors of Siberian and North Eurasian related groups such as Finn related people.

She looks like a random South European person from the streets of Madrid or Rome.

She doesn't look Southern European. More like some Ukrainian, Russian or even Tajik.

She doesn't look South Euro, she looks like she is mestiza or castiza not 80% Amerindian. Anyway this confirm that autosomal does not match all the phenotype.

Let's create a new country. And mix it with Basques, Swedes, Nigerians, Egyptians and Ethiopians. Then let's try to be stereotypical.

Indeed, autosomal make-up does not precisely correlate with "appearance", as Hauteville stated. The snps which control the latter aren't "tied" to certain autosomal components.

On the other hand, I would question any genetic analysis which claims that girl is 80% Native American.

One thing which has always puzzled me is why anyone would think it remarkable that people with as much southern European ancestry as Hispanics could sometimes wind up looking...southern European?

People who do that sort of thing are usually just trying to attack one ethnic group or another for some unsavory reason. Our tolerance here for that kind of behavior is limited.

Firehaired14 wrote the real deal. The so called looks we perceive as "European" or Asian or whatever are not unique to any race or ethnic group, but there's a tendency among certain ethnic groups to show some features more frequently than others, like some Europeans have Asian like eyes, without a single drop of Asian ancestry.

On the other hand, I would question any genetic analysis which claims that girl is 80% Native American.

That's pretty narrow minded to say in my opinion, like if all Native Americans have the same look. What makes someone looking European anyway? This continent is probably the most diverse after Africa. You'll never mistake a Swede for an Italian or even for a Hungarian.

One thing which has always puzzled me is why anyone would think it remarkable that people with as much southern European ancestry as Hispanics could sometimes wind up looking...southern European?

Maybe she doesn't look South European. Let's say she has a pan Eurasian look to fit as both European/West Eurasian and Native American, that's more accurate than what i originally assumed.

People who do that sort of thing are usually just trying to attack one ethnic group or another for some unsavory reason. Our tolerance here for that kind of behavior is limited.

What exactly do you mean by attack? there's no tattoo on her head saying "hey i'm foreign" I just said that in my opinion her best fit going by looks would be South Europe hope you dig it cheers

In my opinion it represents quite well the mixture she presents. It does not quite look like 100 percent Native American, but for the most part. Her hair is smooth but looks thicker and less loose than that of a pure native to put it somehow. I barely see the south of Europe, curiously I see in his arm and skeleton more ratro of the north of Europe.

Balanced Mestizo (49% or 50% Native American):

Last edited:
Balanced Mestizo (49% Native American):

1TN6ZG9.jpg

xJuvpo3.jpg

This thread has been viewed 8067 times.

Back