Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
I have just stumbled upon this controversial but interesting article from 2014:

http://www.collective-evolution.com...wice-about-who-you-are-getting-into-bed-with/

(...) This means that through intercourse alone there is a potential for women to hold onto male genes and DNA within their organs and blood stream for their entire life!

I find this extremely fascinating because a spiritual friend and mentor once told me that every time you sleep with somebody you are taking on a part of them within you. I thought of this as a powerful metaphor, that we were keeping a part of them energetically. Needless to say, it made me reflect on certain things from my past and this whole analogy really made a lot of sense. But, to learn that there is actual scientific proof to back this up and that it is a physical thing, that it is more than just energy, is pretty astounding. The idea that as women we are capable of taking on actual physical DNA from the men that we sleep with was an extremely eye opening piece of information to stumble across.

This science puts a whole new meaning on sexual intercourse as a whole. (...)

^^^ That reminded me of sexist claims by a certain conservative politician:

http://www.jecs.pl/doi/10-15503-jecs20111-107-121/

http://nowadays.home.pl/JECS/data/documents/JECS=201=282011=29=20107-121.pdf

(...) The politician reveals his peculiar perception of women, writing: “A woman soaks up the outlook of a man she sleeps with. Eventually, Nature or God (we are not going to argue) has not designed a man to let hundreds of thousands of sperm cells go to waste; they permeate into a woman’s body and convert her into the image of a man she belongs to” [translation mine] (Korwin- Mikke 2007a). J. Korwin-Mikke proposes a thesis that a woman “absorbs the outlook of a man”, and “adopts his views thoroughly” [translation mine] (Bańko 1992, p. 1004). This sentence is very ambiguous, because such a phrase intensifies the verb “sleep with”, which means “have sexual intercourse” [translation mine] (Bańko 1992, p. 386). In this context “soak up” – “to permeate, to fill something thoroughly” [translation mine] (Bańko 1992, p. 1004) – refers to intimate contacts. The following sentence proves the correctness of such interpretation. “Hundreds of thousands of sperm cells” get into a woman’s body and “convert” her, so they “bring some changes in order to improve” her [translation mine] (Bańko 1992, p. 999). J. Korwin-Mikke assumes that a woman needs transformation. According to the author of this aphorism, a man generously shapes the opposite gender “in his own image” (...)

What do you think about this? Especially about that 2014 study.

I bet I still have some flu germs from 2000, when I had a hell of a dose. I know that chicken pox is still in there somewhere too and it's going to spring out as shingles.

This thread has been viewed 2188 times.

Back