Ethnic group
Italic with Germanic (prob. Lombardic) influxes
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-M412, prob. PF7589
mtDNA haplogroup
W6
Height: 187 cm
Eye color: light green with brown spots, especially in the middle
Hair: I'm not sure, ranges from blonde to light brown in different times of the year
Body hair: less than average. No hair on my back or chest, delayed facial hair growth, normal hair on legs. As you can see I have hairy eyebrows though.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I'm aware I kinda look mediterranean but I'm not sure about the exact taxonomy (I have very light skin, I'm tall and pretty slender).

Last edited:
Despite your ethnic background i think you'd fit among Tatars, Turkic admixed East Europeans, Central Asians. You look like some Uighur man i've seen.

I'm aware I kinda look mediterranean but I'm not sure about the exact taxonomy (I have very light skin, I'm tall and pretty slender).

You don't look Mediterranean at all. The pics are not that good, seem to be distorted from the lens. You look Central-Eastern European, in some pics you could easily pass in France.

Despite your ethnic background i think you'd fit among Tatars, Turkic admixed East Europeans, Central Asians. You look like some Uighur man i've seen.

I don't think you've ever seen Tatars and neither the Uighurs, some look like the Russians or generically Eastern European (from Russia to Romania and Bulgaria), others look just Tatar or Uighur and very Central Asian.

nqtqj7.jpg

nowruz05.jpg

732-2-181.jpg

zkjp09.jpg

print_1781967_1778012.jpg

kirim_efsanesi.jpg

toronto_tatar1.jpg

Uighurs

uighur-girls-hotan-xinjiang-china-BR4JMN.jpg

IMG_3157-1.jpg

31ACBEB3-2BE8-4D7E-8E1A-55582418722C_mw1024_s_n.jpg

uyghur-dinner-rayila-sis.jpg

what next ? Maori? :LOL:

Maori_Haka_2016_article_rdax_80.jpg

ok I guess you must be a very skinny and have ultra slim body,
that makes it difficult,
triagonal face (triangle) hmmm
very difficult you remind me some paintings of El Greco

151px-El_Greco_-_Portrait_of_the_Artist%27s_Son_Jorge_Manuel_Theotokopoulos_-_WGA10567.jpg

e134b6b726bb1282b88a92ef82aefc29.jpg

but not the forehead,

so since the forehead is more vertical something more North,

His side profile is rather atypical for a person of Southern European ancestry. I'd imagine someone looking like that from Argentine or Brazil with minor 20-40% Native component. Eyes also look slanted and almost Asian like. The triangle shaped face is also questionable to me, as it's rather a New World trait and barely exist in old world populations due to different diet and certain social factors. Morphologically this

The OP resembles this Chinese man who has almost the same side profile. the less developed brow bridge is also a rather East Eurasian trait, not necessary Mongolian but something that can appear in both Caucasian and East Eurasian groups.
From a genetical point of view all Caucasians carry East Eurasian like genomes to some extent.
A British is only 3% less East Eurasian than a Turkish, while a Finnish or Russian would be more Eastern even.

6hsxm1.jpg

2a7zf61.jpg

His side profile is rather atypical for a person of Southern European ancestry. I'd imagine someone looking like that from Argentine or Brazil with minor 20-40% Native component. Eyes also look slanted and almost Asian like. The triangle shaped face is also questionable to me, as it's rather a New World trait and barely exist in old world populations due to different diet and certain social factors. Morphologically this

The OP resembles this Chinese man who has almost the same side profile. the less developed brow bridge is also a rather East Eurasian trait, not necessary Mongolian but something that can appear in both Caucasian and East Eurasian groups.
From a genetical point of view all Caucasians carry East Eurasian like genomes to some extent.
A British is only 3% less East Eurasian than a Turkish, while a Finnish or Russian would be more Eastern even.
You must be very confused when traveling. When you go to South Europe you will think you are in Asia. I advise you to change your glasses prescription.

Haha, that's very interesting. I can assure you I have no eastern european, Turkic or East Asian ancestors. My whole family is from the same region in Italy, and my paternal family tree goes back to the very same town I'm living in right now. Genotipically I'm Italic with some Germanic influences (lombardic). Autosomal DNA results reveal I'm more than 80% Italian, some 5% middle eastern (most central/southern Italians have a similar percentage) and some Iberian and western european, including Scandinavian.

what next ? Maori? :LOL:

Maori_Haka_2016_article_rdax_80.jpg

ok I guess you must be a very skinny and have ultra slim body,
that makes it difficult,
triagonal face (triangle) hmmm
very difficult you remind me some paintings of El Greco

151px-El_Greco_-_Portrait_of_the_Artist%27s_Son_Jorge_Manuel_Theotokopoulos_-_WGA10567.jpg

e134b6b726bb1282b88a92ef82aefc29.jpg

but not the forehead,

so since the forehead is more vertical something more North,
I agree, we actually look a lot alike, except for the eyes and as you said the forehead.

You look Southern European, period. Maybe first Italian, then Spanish, then perhaps French. You don't look very Greek to me.

Haha, that's very interesting. I can assure you I have no eastern european, Turkic or East Asian ancestors. My whole family is from the same region in Italy, and my paternal family tree goes back to the very same town I'm living in right now. Genotipically I'm Italic with some Germanic influences (lombardic). Autosomal DNA results reveal I'm more than 80% Italian, some 5% middle eastern (most central/southern Italians have a similar percentage) and some Iberian and western european, including Scandinavian. I agree, we actually look a lot alike, except for the eyes and as you said the forehead.

Are you from Pescara, Abruzzo?

You look Southern European, period. Maybe first Italian, then Spanish, then perhaps French. You don't look very Greek to me.

okok,
to give a tonic post to your Italian pride
he looks like him, with little narrow eyes, and narrow mandible

AlPacino.jpg

do we agree now?

and to make again devil's advocate,
How far is a painting of El Greco
from the look of Patsino or Begnini?
ok El Greco lived in Spain,

el-greco-portrait-of-fray-hortensio-f%C3%A9lix-paravicino-in-black-robes.jpg

okok,
to give a tonic post to your Italian pride
he looks like him, with little narrow eyes, and narrow mandible

AlPacino.jpg

do we agree now?

and to make again devil's advocate,
How far is a painting of El Greco
from the look of Patsino or Begnini?
ok El Greco lived in Spain,

el-greco-portrait-of-fray-hortensio-f%C3%A9lix-paravicino-in-black-robes.jpg

El Greco counts. :) OK, we'll add Greeks to the list.

Please don't compare this young man to Al Pacino in his old age. I don't know what he did to himself, whether it was drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, all three, or what, but he's unrecognizable. Plus, in old age the face naturally changes.

Here's a better picture that won't traumatize the OP. :) There's some resemblance in the shape of the face, although Pacino's is closer to the standard "Mediterranean" oval, but Al Pacino has a decidedly more "southern" look, imo. I also don't at all consider those "small" eyes.

5a4d63564031d27641e140b7169ed2b0.jpg

At least we can agree there are no Tartars running around central Italy. :) Hairstyles don't change ethnicity.

You look French to me.

you look Italian at the first glance to me. as for the phenotype: Atlanto-Med is my humble opinion

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

This thread has been viewed 14489 times.

Back