Guess the ethnicity

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Please classify this man. No Cheating, guys.
360663-3-4-344c2.jpg

22393d1316092977-ibrahim-celikkol-kimdir-ibrahim-celikkol-karadaglar_400x400.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Classify.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very Italian to me, if not then my second guess would be Spanish.

Is he a Turk?

Spanish but he has a generic south Euro look

My first impression was Spanish. He could pass as French except for the facial expression and the eyes which do not scream French. North Italian is also possible.

I'll let a few more people guess and then I'll reveal.

My guess would be German

First photo looks Italian, second photo a bit Spanish or French, third photo Swiss. I would say he is probably French.

Is he a Turk?

second photo is 99% Turk or Iranian, they use this look in photos
I don't cheat, Each culture uses its own angles -lans on photos
first photo can be wider from Greece Dinaric Alps Balkans to Iran,

third photo I would also say French, but the forehead is not Francais,

so 1rst choice is Turk
2nd choice is Iran
3rd choice is Greece and Balkans
4rth choice is Russia-Ukraine North of Black sea due to the the shape of nose, turns down at middle, a Slavic Russian characteristic

no way western Europe or North Europe

hmmm

Is he from Pontοs mountains?
Eudokeia or Sebasteia Nikopolis? Tokat Sivas garasari

Last edited:
Portuguese?
Anyway, to me he is 40% Atlantic (it reminded me of chuck norris ... lol), 40% Mediterranean, and 20% other.

My first impression was also Spanish, especially in the second photo, as FBS said, except for the color of the eyes.

e5efcb5f0609c9f600dd7e7bdae11577.jpg

In the first photo he does have a bit of an Italian look, but the men who came to mind just didn't quite fit, like Giulio Berruti or Luca Calvani:
38eGjPrZLd874n6Rum1eXi0G7hO.jpg

calvani.jpg

However, he's indeed Turkish. He's the star of a Turkish tv series which is airing on Netflix called Intersection. There's a flood of them on that venue recently and I looked at the first episode. He's also the star of a Turkish movie on Netflix playing a very different kind of role, a boxer.

He looks a bit more eastern and perhaps Balkan to me in this picture, but not much.
9542fcb4d7b2524fab57b24b479eac61.jpg

If you didn't cheat, Yetos, you've at least seen publicity for this tv show and perhaps unconsciously remembered him. In fact, when I googled him the first thing that came up was a facebook Greek fan club for him. The girls are obsessed. These series are apparently very popular in the Balkans and Latin America as well as, of course, throughout the Muslim world. (They must edit out the love scenes in a lot of these places.)

Fwiw, I watched the first episode, and everyone else in it with the exception perhaps of one of the women looks distinctly northern Near East to me. He's the only exception. I don't know anything about where he comes from, Yetos. His name is Ibrahim Celikkol.

Strangely enough, another Spanish model looks more Near Eastern than he does. These things can happen. I just thought it was interesting and surprising.
92230-antonio-navas-hombre-1.jpg

Half Arab,Half Thessaloniki immigrant."True ethnic background".

He's Spanish I'm guessing , saw him in a movie about seminarians being killed by the communists.

He's Spanish I'm guessing , saw him in a movie about seminarians being killed by the communists.

I revealed it. He's Turkish.

@DNZ,
Do you have a source for that? What do you mean by half Arab? I suppose by half Thessaloniki you mean one parent was Turkish from Thessaloniki but was part of the exchange?

The first photos you shared look nothing like him in the other ones. The first photos resemble the Spanish actor Jacobo munez

21162_459461134140407_548300917_n.jpg
ll6a0043-640x640.jpg

I revealed it. He's Turkish.

@DNZ,
Do you have a source for that? What do you mean by half Arab? I suppose by half Thessaloniki you mean one parent was Turkish from Thessaloniki but was part of the exchange?

When I saw your thread,I did one minute google search.Here his newspaper reportage.He says,my father is Arab and my mother is one of Thessaloniki immigrants.http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/ibrahim-celikkol-kangallari-insanlara-tercih-ederim-27154244

Thessaloniki immigrants weren't just Balkan Turks.İncluded the Pomaks and Torbeshs(Slavic speakers),Patriyots(Greek speakers),Albanians and some Vlachs.Plus some https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dönmeh.

Actually,Greek-Turkish exchange was Muslim-Christian exchange in 1922.

The other pictures were of Italians, or Spanish models, and, as I said, I didn't think the resemblance was very strong.

I think that although he could probably pass anywhere in southern Europe he looks closer to Spanish than anything else, although I don't think he looks like that particular Spanish actor.

This is him. It's part of an actor's trade to be able to change his looks depending on the role.

1463732558764.jpg

He almost looks like some American actors in "westerns" in the following.

ibrahim-%C3%A7elikkol_127263.jpg

Here he looks more West Asian to me.

20120319_ibrahim-celikkol-ile-cok-ozel.jpg

This is how he looks in the one episode of that tv series I watched. I really can't get into something that I know goes on for hundreds of hours.
K%C3%B6rd%C3%BC%C4%9F%C3%BCm-2.B%C3%B6l%C3%BCm-Foto%C4%9Fraflar%C4%B1-2-393x393.jpg

This is the movie where he plays a boxer. This one was only two hours long and done so I did watch it. It was pretty manipulative, as a lot of movies of this type are in the west as well, but I still cried like a baby through a lot of it. They really know how to pull at your heartstrings, the Turks.
OgIgbYxo_400x400.jpeg

Like I said, I just found his appearance surprising given his background.

@DNZ,
Thanks. Nothing came up in English language articles and he doesn't look "Arabic" to me at all. It was certainly a fortuitous combination in his case. :)

Brava Angela.:)

Angela

it was the angle of photographer, on second photo
and it was the 3rd photo that put me the dilema due to nose,
but the forehead count towards second.
that revealed, his Turkish origin
and he looks like many Pontic Greeks,

each country-culture uses its own angles when a photo is taken.

This thread has been viewed 11673 times.

Back