Guess her ethnicity

No cheating, now! :)
B-H8LawIYAAGvp8.jpg

FIRST+PICTURES+Janet+Montgomery+gets+character+S4_tZOWrKPix.jpg

2ef439e0096dea1a3b8a88e390297217.jpg

2857778_66.jpeg

This is a hard one, in her second picture she could almost be Latina. There is something balkan about her she could be Greek but u have met some croatians who have a similar look but she's atypical. I haven't looked at the other posts I'll check and see if I'm right now :)

And I was wrong....dang this one was hard though!

Well, only problem is that it's been revealed and she's British, Scottish to be exact.

Sexual dimorphism? :) But there were examples among Italian partisans of the opposite

Italian partisan Aligi Barducci (nome de guerre "Potente", "powerful") from Florence, he was the commander of partisan brigades operating in Tuscany. He was a former member of Italian army.

Aligi_Barducci_detto_Potente.jpg
aligi_barducci_01.jpg

Italian partisan Lanciotto Ballerini from Florence, he was commander of a partisan attack force operating in Tuscany ("Lupi Neri", the "black wolves"), and former member of Italian army.

Lanciotto_Ballerini_in_divisa.jpg
lanciotto_ballerini2.jpg

Italian partisan Angelo Scala (nome de guerre "Battista) from Genoa with Don Berto Ferrari (on the right). Angelo Scala was the commander of Brigata Balilla operating in Liguria (Genoan Appennines).

donberto1.jpg

Italian partisans of Brigata Garibaldi

Brigata-Garibaldi-Angelo-secondo-da-sinistra-in-alto.jpg

Three partisans from Selva Malvezzi, Molinella, Bologna

03partigiani%20di%20Selva%20Malvezzi.jpg

Italian partisans in Piedmont

PARTIGIANI-facebook.jpg

Italian partisans in Codevigo (6° Compagnia, 28° Brigata Garibaldi), they were mostly from Alfonsine, Ravenna and Mezzano, same area

partigiani.jpg

Source: http://alfonsinemonamour.racine.ra.it/alfonsine/Alfonsine/gruppo partigiani.htm

Norma Parenti was fully Tuscan (from Grosseto area, southern Tuscany, exactly from where Tuscan HGDP sample comes from), and Benedetta Mazza is Emilian. In Italy we don't usually associate these types with Germans or Swedish, because we're aware of full-blooded Italians with these phenotypes. Btw Norma Parenti Pratelli was raped, tortured and shot by German soldiers. She was 23.

Ok, but aren't you only half Southern Italian?

Anyway we Italians and Greeks aren't exactly the same, even if a good amount overlaps.

Thanks for sharing those old photos... love the old photos... and respect to people who fought as partisans... that takes courage. My own Grandfather fought side by side with Filipino resistance fighters in the Pacific during WWII (after he finished his tour in Germany - he was tasked with sneaking behind enemy lines and cutting communications among other things)... though he was a member of the American Army. We have letters written to my Grandmother from the sister of the resistance fighter my Grandfather was close friends with... and I am sure my Grandfather had great respect for those resistance fighters. He must have saw things during the War that made him very sensitive to racism... because he would tolerate none of that according to my mother.

At first people thought the square jaws were rather a masculine mark, just the opposite to what you say. But I red that a study concluded there was not a sexual dimorphism for this trait; but the more muscled males jaws (as a whole, exceptions exist as always) can soften the square angles of the inferior jaw, keeping only the strong breadth. this square profile of the jaw seems an heritage from 'cromagnoids' in Europe, and are found as well in South as in North, few or "less few" according to subregions.

This thread has been viewed 17443 times.

Back