Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for replying so late to this thread. I have been very busy lately.

Angela has my full support and trust.

This forum is a place principally aimed at academic discussion, be it about genetics, archaeology, anthropology, economics or the like. It's not a platform to bicker with one's neighbours and insult others though. There are plenty of forums and discussion groups on the Internet. Any quarrel there may be between Albanians and Greeks are better discussed somewhere else.

Sorry for replying so late to this thread. I have been very busy lately.

Angela has my full support and trust.

This forum is a place principally aimed at academic discussion, be it about genetics, archaeology, anthropology, economics or the like. It's not a platform to bicker with one's neighbours and insult others though. There are plenty of forums and discussion groups on the Internet. Any quarrel there may be between Albanians and Greeks are better discussed somewhere else.

I had today from Angela two infraction, 6 points for this two posts:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511065#post511065
Reason: Insulted or provoked a Team Member
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511042#post511042
Reason: Disruptive/provocative behaviour
I invite you to read this posts and you can see who is provocative.
Dear sir, you have an moderator, in my humble opinion, out of control. Offending people, using censorship, etc, again in my humble opinion, it's not the best way for a mod to perform her duty. Honestly, i hope she don't delete this post and don't give to me another infraction because i expressed publicly my opinion.

If anyone can be completely non-racist, it's me. What I do object to is ultra-nationalistic, a-scientific ****** lacking in logic who think that the rules apply to everyone but them. You destroy virtually every thread in which you participate by posting off topic and provocative, disruptive posts.

You have no one to blame but yourself for the consequences.

Angela was the first to notice some of the "trouble maker's" who were hiding themselves,while all others were watching same members ruining every topic whenever appeared in discussion,she issued an infraction and suddenly you all started crying.I do not know Angela neither I see she is liking me either but in my opinion she is most objective moderator and perhaps most learned.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511065#post511065
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511042#post511042
Dear sir, you have an moderator, in my humble opinion, out of control. Offending people, using censorship, etc, again in my humble opinion, it's not the best way for a mod to perform her duty. Honestly, i hope she don't delete this post and don't give to me another infraction because i expressed publicly my opinion.
Laberia, live and let live. Don't be so hateful.

I was and am a great admirer of Maciamo and his site. I want to protect its reputation as a serious place for academic and scientific based analysis. I don't want threads cluttered with nationalistic, off-topic, and provocative comments designed to start flame wars. That's not how you attract quality posters. If that's a crime, then I'm guilty.

No one is perfect, but I believe I have always treated courtesy with courtesy. It's true that on a few occasions I have let my temper get the best of me. It's difficult to be constantly confronted with stupidity married to arrogance and discourtesy, and insults on top of it.

How many times are people supposed to be allowed to flout the rules here? There is no special dispensation for Albanians, even though, to make a mockery of the title of this thread, I happen to come out pretty darn close to Albanians autosomally, they and Romanians and Iberians. Italians get no special dispensation from me either, as many of them can attest. I believe in blind justice. In fact, my entire professional life has been based on it. I apply the same standards here.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33837-Are-albanians-of-northern-african-descent

So be sure that she will also be on 'your' side when needed.

Laberia you have the right to be and think as you prefer, but when you express it out you are bound by the rules of the forum enforced by a moderator. So take the infractions with philosophy.

The same rules protect you from being called 'childish' or 'pathetic' and from being ridiculed or 're-educated'.
Angela might have crossed a line there, but it doesn't look like you are having any psychological trauma (more of an accute Illyrian syndrome, lol)

I would recommend you some 'bonsense' and apologize first.

I was and am a great admirer of Maciamo and his site. I want to protect its reputation as a serious place for academic and scientific based analysis. I don't want threads cluttered with nationalistic, off-topic, and provocative comments designed to start flame wars. That's not how you attract quality posters. If that's a crime, then I'm guilty.

No one is perfect, but I believe I have always treated courtesy with courtesy. It's true that on a few occasions I have let my temper get the best of me. It's difficult to be constantly confronted with stupidity married to arrogance and discourtesy, and insults on top of it.

How many times are people supposed to be allowed to flout the rules here? There is no special dispensation for Albanians, even though, to make a mockery of the title of this thread, I happen to come out pretty darn close to Albanians autosomally, they and Romanians and Iberians. Italians get no special dispensation from me either, as many of them can attest. I believe in blind justice. In fact, my entire professional life has been based on it. I apply the same standards here.

Angela, I do appreciate your efforts and fairness a lot. Thank you.
I don't remember, did Minerva also have a spear like Athina? (lol)

Although not relevant to Angela per se, who I must admit does a very good job in this forum, I would like to know the opinion Italians have (on average) about Albanians. I have talked to some Italians and they seem to have some kind of negative opinion. Is this due to the migration that happened after the '90s? Many Greeks tend to have similar opinions as well. What is common for both countries, Greece and Italy, is that many Albanians came as economic migrants after the fall of communism.

Now, Balkan people have strife between them. This is due to historical reasons and almost impossible to break, at least for this generation. I hope the future will be brighter.

For a moment I was thinking to go full berserk myself. But then again, I am older now and I must behave.

See what I mean? They just can't stop.

For a moment I was thinking to go full berserk myself. But then again, I am older now and I must behave.

Not very appreciated.

- What is your agenda?
- Why are you pursuing it in this thread?
- What is your story?

- What kind of reaction do you expect / stimulate?

I've decided there is no reason for cyber fighting within this forum. It does more harm than good. I have no agenda or something similar. Just stating my opinion given what I've read. What I constantly see here is Greeks, Serbs, and Albanians fighting each other. This kind of behavior is not seen by any other ethnicity. This has to ring a bell to all of you people.

Not very appreciated.

- What is your agenda?
- Why are you pursuing it in this thread?
- What is your story?

Angela, I do appreciate your efforts and fairness a lot. Thank you.
I don't remember, did Minerva also have a spear like Athina? (lol)

Same goddess of wisdom and strategic, defensive warfare and same spear and helmet; just a different name. All the best stories are, of course, about Athena, so I usually go with that. The only thing I don't like about her is the damn owl, which is often pictured on her shoulder. What a terrible idea. Nasty, dirty creatures, birds; always defecating everywhere. He belongs on the ground. :)

minerva_23393_lg.gif

Being a wife and mother has always been very important to me, so I like Hera in some ways, especially as I think she may have been one of the first representations of the "Great Goddess" of the Neolithic. However, her life story is disappointing; raped and then forced to accept marriage, and then constantly harassing her husband's concubines and illicit offspring. Had she been fair and just she would have taken her wrath out on Zeus, and not just by nagging.

No, I think Athena/Minerva is better as a symbol for the moderator role. :)

In reality, Athene is the true "God of War", not Ares, who mostly symbolizes the brutality of it.

Laberia, live and let live. Don't be so hateful.

LeBrok, i have respect for you as a member of this forum and as a mod. Sometimes we share the same opinion sometimes no, i think is normal. But enough is enough. First, she can use that kind of language with her husband in her home, not with me. Second, she can not use two weights and two measures.

Dont forget Athenas aegis. Its not athena without it.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33837-Are-albanians-of-northern-african-descent

So be sure that she will also be on 'your' side when needed.

Laberia you have the right to be and think as you prefer, but when you express it out you are bound by the rules of the forum enforced by a moderator. So take the infractions with philosophy.

The same rules protect you from being called 'childish' or 'pathetic' and from being ridiculed or 're-educated'.
Angela might have crossed a line there, but it doesn't look like you are having any psychological trauma (more of an accute Illyrian syndrome, lol)

I would recommend you some 'bonsense' and apologize first.

I don't know you, but personally i think that i have read everything about Albania and Albanians in this forum. I have read that a member here said something like, i should have killed more Albanians when i was in military service. And this member continue undisturbed to spread his hate here.

Δύο μέτρα και δύο σταθμά. How come man? I thought this phrase was only in Greek.

Second, she can not use two weights and two measures.

I've decided there is no reason for cyber fighting within this forum. It does more harm than good. I have no agenda or something similar. Just stating my opinion given what I've read. What I constantly see here is Greeks, Serbs, and Albanians fighting each other. This kind of behavior is not seen by any other ethnicity. This has to ring a bell to all of you people.

Doimedes, I do like a lot of your posts. And also your calming tone.

But today you really asked a 'tendentious' question that managed to get under my skin ( and I have a pretty thick one, maybe one day I will tell you some funny stories).

Honestly I don't have any experience with cyber fighting, and I am here mostly to learn and extremely rarely to maybe correct.
Maybe is better than Greeks, Serbs, and Albanians have a cyber fight over a real one. Might even be better if they do it while sharing an ouzo, shlibovica or raki. I am fine with the fighting (and the consequences in infractions) until they learn to cooperate with the same zeal on a common target.

Have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 30106 times.

Back