Mycenaean tomb in Salamina

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See:

http://greece.greekreporter.com/201...tomb-with-grave-goods-discovered-in-salamina/

"The tomb contained the skeletal remains of at least five people, indicating it was a group grave typical of the time. Chamber tombs were dug into rock, as roughly square chambers accessed via “roads”. With each new burial, the entrance was opened and the remains of the previous dead were moved aside to make room for the new body and its grave goods. "

Aias of Telamona?
then it should contain something Royal,

Telamona -->Salamina
like Thalatta and Thalassa

Aias of Telamona?
then it should contain something Royal,

Telamona -->Salamina
like Thalatta and Thalassa
reading more carefouly i noticed that is too small to be a royal tomb but too big to be a everyday persons tomb.
the royal tomb of vaphio in sparta is of 30m of diameter

reading more carefouly i noticed that is too small to be a royal tomb but too big to be a everyday persons tomb.
the royal tomb of vaphio in sparta is of 30m of diameter

yup
possibly a Lafayete family
λαφαγετης

yup
possibly a Lafayete family
λαφαγετης

the pellana-laconia mycenean royal tomb 10m of diameter
View attachment 8657
the tomb from inside during a heavy rain just to have a prospective of the dimensions comparing to a human being
View attachment 8658
bronze age tombs in pavlopetri lakonia
View attachment 8659View attachment 8660
the dimensions are just big enough for one person 1m height 2.5m lenght 1.5m wide (more or less) there are dozens of them but most of the are just carved holes on the rock and some of them have a kidney shape too

the mykenean cemetery in Aiane Makedonia

http://www.ethnos.gr/politismos/art...aiko_nekrotafeio_peninta_stremmaton-64338960/

Minyan tombs and Mycenean tombs at Leptokarya and platamon dated around 1600 BC, discovered recently
https://olympia.gr/2013/10/15/περι-των-μυκηναιων-στην-μακεδονια-μυκ/

most are small personal or more cubic style, except the big one,
it seems the had a big circled room for royals or nobles, and around smaller personal
the later found Minyan and Mycenean at Aiane and Pieria made archaiologists to think a lot,
especially the dates/years.

the mykenean cemetery in Aiane Makedonia

http://www.ethnos.gr/politismos/art...aiko_nekrotafeio_peninta_stremmaton-64338960/

Minyan tombs and Mycenean tombs at Leptokarya and platamon dated around 1600 BC, discovered recently
https://olympia.gr/2013/10/15/περι-των-μυκηναιων-στην-μακεδονια-μυκ/

most are small personal or more cubic style, except the big one,
it seems the had a big circled room for royals or nobles, and around smaller personal
the later found Minyan and Mycenean at Aiane and Pieria made archaiologists to think a lot,
especially the dates/years.
i was aboutt make the same question with the second article.Why they did not search more for mycenean tombs in macedonia?
It is obvious that they will find more in the future.No matter what road they followed to arive in south greece they had to pass through macedonia. And if they were strong enough to colonize cyprus that it was vital for the bronze age world because of its huge amounts of copper,(something similar to modern day petroleum fields in the middle east) i can not see why they wouldn't colonize the fertile fields of macedonia.
what links did they exist back then between greece and italy?I know that they had found a lot of mycenean pottery in south italy.What about sea people?

i was aboutt make the same question with the second article.Why they did not search more for mycenean tombs in macedonia?
It is obvious that they will find more in the future.No matter what road they followed to arive in south greece they had to pass through macedonia. And if they were strong enough to colonize cyprus that it was vital for the bronze age world because of its huge amounts of copper,(something similar to modern day petroleum fields in the middle east) i can not see why they wouldn't colonize the fertile fields of macedonia.
what links did they exist back then between greece and italy?I know that they had found a lot of mycenean pottery in south italy.What about sea people?

that is the problem of Myceneans,
they had symbols that we find even in Vucovar Serbocroatia 2000 BC

it is a strange IE culture, parents of the later Unification movement (times of Ησιοδος) that created Hellenes,

for me it is an enigma,
Myceneans seams to come from Vucocar as all their IE culture shows when IE enter Balkans
But also are connected with Anatolia and Arzawa and Hettites etc
if the Georgiev theory is correct,
then possibly Myceneans went straight to S Greece, and Greeks (Γραιοι Ελλανες) stayed at Epirus Thessaly Upper Makedonia until the times of Dorians
the Branch that Created Myceneans developed earlier due to contact with Anatolia and Minoans/Cretans,
while the more IE branch that stayed North was the one turned to Dorians.
still is unknown the Minyan role. (Minyes Μινυες is different than Minoans Μινωιτες)

there a lot of Mycenean style tombs in Makedonia but mainly after these 2 I link
most are about 850- 600 AD.
the difference is that these 2 show existance before 1600 AD

Makedonia seems to be inhabited major by Thracians Bryges, secondary by Greeks NW dialects, and third by Pelasgians and forth by Cretans (Bottiaia)
yet lake Lychnitis (Ωχριδα) to many modern Linguists might be the first split of Greek language around 2500 BC,
besides the words Θεος and Διας shows that Makedonian dialect kept more time to old IE 'd' instead of koine Greek 'θ'
even the word Makedon comparison with word εθνος edon εθνος.

if the Leptokarya case searched deeper then we might have new very important discoveries,
cause as it seems the city was build before 2000 BC,
yet they reched mycenean lvl which is around 1600-1400
if the deeper proved to be Mycenean means around 2000 BC,
then we will have tremendous change in parts of history, that until know are just theories.

generally it is dificult to understand and find the pre- and proto-Greek/Hellenic movements until the times of Minoans and Myceneans and mainly Troyan war.

you see until today we learned to distinguish terms,
Mycenean, Ionian, Cretan, Makedonian, etc as different
but seems they are connected much more as long as we go back to 3 major components,
IE from North, IE from East, non IE previous.

on the other hand,
if we follow Renfrew theory of Anatolian neolithic Farmers,
which fits very well in Greece, but not in other IE countries,
then we get other results, strange, but possible,
most promising is the Greco-Aryan theory

lately came also the theory that Mycaene was a kind of Hettite relative culture,
a catacomb culture,

Last edited:
Even philippos tomb seems to preserve a more proto-greek-IE touch because of the artificial made hill etc.
I belive that the prehistoric times were more globalized and advanced than we usually think and that the myceneans were far more important than just being an powerfull state in south greece

275px-Path3959-83.png

39297718355e479a5b3b78a72727b5e9.png

This thread has been viewed 5650 times.

Back