similarites between greek and albanian ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you started to understand, Lab
and again you are wrong Why? cause you are possesed and have mania with your Ideas,but you keep your agenda to prove what? that Ancient Greeks spoke Albanian?
Try explain unigue wordslike ΓΑΙΑ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΓΕΙΤΩΝ ΠΡΟΛΕΜΑΙΟΣ ΑΓΑΜΕΜΝΩΝΟ ΜΗΡΟΣ ΟΔΥΣΣΕΑΣ
AMΑΛΘΕΙΑ FROM ΜΑΛΘΩΣΙΣ = soft, from solid to liquid, lack of correct situation, lack of stability.Α is the negative A Μαλθος = soft and LackΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ = NON LACK OF SOMETHING
keep bombing us with your AGENDA THAT GREEK SPRUNG FROM ALBANIAN.
no need to reply more,cause also D-->Δ not only D-->Θ
So DIO DEUS in GREEK is ΔΙΑΣ
So Δημητρα = ΓΑ + ΜΗΤΗΡ ALL GREEK WORDS ΓΑΙΑ + ΜΗΤΗΡ = ΓΗ ΜΗΤΗΡ = ΔΗΜΗΤΗΡ
BUT ΓΑ is Also ΔΑ see ΕΔΑΦΟΣ, see ΕΔΩ
SO ANOTHER PURE GREEK WORD

EVEN IN ALBANIAN UNIVERSITIES THEY DO NOT TEACH SUCH
Lets see what you write
The Latins also took the terms from the Pelasgians and added us to de, creating de-us which changed to Zeus. And, besides “the mother” was also born “Zeus, father of men and gods”, in line with the concept “earth, mother of all” (as inferred in Diodorus passage). Pausania makes the connection even clearer:
DO YOU KNOW THE PELASGIAN LANGUAGE?

AND IF IE is DIO DEUS ΔΙΑΣ HOW COME ALBANIAN IS ZONG?
ΖΕΥΣ from ΔΙΙΕΥΣ = ΔΙΑΣ D+J = Z letter is yiota ι but comes from Djot has a silent γ before ι
that is why Ιατρος = Γιατρος Μυια = Μυγα
YOU ARE IGNORANT IN GREEK LANGUAGE.
ALL YOU DO IS TO TAKE THE IE ROOTS OF GREEK LANGUAGETO TELL US WHAT? THAT WE DO NOT SPEAK GREEK
HOAX WHY?cause Greek is IE language and evolute in SOUTH IN BALKANS,
YOUR HOAX IS THAT YOU DENY THE EVOLUTION OF GREEK FROM PROTO-FORMS TO MODERN,
and by Linguistic tricks you want to tell us that ΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ IS NOT A GREEK WORD !!!!!!
the funny is that using your method I can easily prove that Greek is Sanskrit, is Avestan, is Slavic
or the oposite, that Greek is the mother language of all IE languages,
come on IE gave many languages some of them were Hellenic, Mycenean, Homeric, Anatolian, that evolute to archaic Greek

PS
I am certain that by reading Homer you will find more common words with Albanian than reading a modern Greek book,
WHYcause Homer is closer to LPIE than modern Greeksame is
if an Iranian reads Homer, or a German, or Indian Sanskrit speaker, or a Slav, or a Celt same
but you are not amazed on how close to LPIE is Homer,and your ignorance on Greek drived you to tell us that Greeks spoke Albanian
and this become possesion, so not to see the truth,the IE coomon ancestry, but you do what?
ancient Greeks spoke Albanian!!!!!!!!oh boy
At least send your work to a university,you might get famous and rich, even NOBEL PRICEinstead of posting it to a blog,and ......

PS2
Ακρον is the limit, either start, either end, either top, either down, is the edge, a peak not a body part,but term ακρα to body we mean the edges away from main body (κορμος),
A-------------B both A+B are Ακρα of the line part
end of the word = περας του κοσμου
Limit of the world = οριον του κοσμου
edge of the world = ακρον του κοσμου
edge of the cliff = ακρη του βραχου ακρη του γκρεμου
upper limit (mathematics) = Ανω Ακρον Ανω Οριονfraction
f(x) shows a local upper edge, a peak = τοπικο ΑΚΡΟταττο
if all body parts in Albanian starts from K and no need to reject it, since I am not an Albanian speaker
then also Armenian head ghekavar and Avestan-Iranian head starts from K if remember correct and Deutsch Kopf, and Slavic Glava (K->G) comes from Albanian?
do'nt you think? the answer is NO
they all come from PIE, Proto-Indo-European language
SO to END
I do not know if your posts here are your work personally,or you found them somewhere else,
BUT
1rst) if they were correct then surely the writer would gain the Nombel pice, and All Academic circles would start to search his way?
2nd) why are not teched in universities all over the world?

the last the more friendly effort to make you see, the Hoax
and I commit to you that many times myshelf also felt in this trap
now if it is your work, all you have to do is send them to a university and publish it to a scientic magazine.
if it is not? stop believing it, it is a Hoax.
I can easily explain all European names and toponymes etc etc with Greek which is the richest IE language of the world,and is not me who tell this, all linguists say so,
and say Greek is mother of all languages,many do so in Greece, but I would be wrong, same is the theories you post,
that all parts of body start from K in Albanian, possibly a reason Albanians did so, and I do not know why
but considering Greek Kara and Kranio (the head bones) and Κεφαλη - Κεβαλη, with for example Slavic glava, then I conclude what? that ancient Greek spoke Slavic?
come on.
all modern languages are evolution of older forms, proto-forms,and all proto-forms are evolution of LPIE.

so yes the name word ZEUS (Dijeus) and ΔΙΑΣ are Greek, (as DEUS is Latin, and sprunk from older common forms of IE,)
cause they sprunk from proto-Greek forms and proto Greek sprunk from late proto Indo-European,
same is Latin, etc etcso
when Homer writes Θετις for the sea Nymph/deity , it means the evolution was already done,

First of all let's make something clear,
I believe that suggesting and arguing means productivity, in everything not only in linguistics,
So i hope what we're going to have from a thread like this is exactly that,
we're two neighbour countries and we both have unique languages, (I do speak Greek) so that should be something to unite and not separate.
But that doesn't happens from your (Greek) side only because of political issues of the past, Albania and Greece are still in war officially and it's something that Greek side keeps avoiding to speak about.
I have my own opinion about the language evolution and i'm not hiding from it as you see, of course it's not something that i personally noticed, there are lots of authors who published (and keep publishing) books that study Albanian language not in the same way as we're used to study the rest I.E languages, i think that comes from the fact that Albanian has short monosyllabic root-words that by adding only 1 more letter to them you have a new word,
e.x
'' ushte '' - '' spear '' - '' δόρυ ''
'' ushtri '' - '' army '' - '' στρατός ''
'' ushtar '' - '' soldier '' - '' στρατιώτης''
'' ushtrim '' - '' excercise '' - '' ασκησις ''
'' kushtrim '' - '' war cry '' - '' πολεμικη κραυγη ''
'' trim '' - '' brave '' - '' γενναιος ''

and the new word that you create it has a close meaning with the first one, it is like even a single letter it's important because the words are connected with each other like they're not made up randomly but it's like someone structured them by this way,
that's why there are so many authors claiming that Albanian is the oldest language or god knows what else, because it can be studied in a different way ( more simple ) than the way of I.E theory studies the languages.
I'm only mentioning it so you can understand that these claims are based somewhere and they're not nationalistic fairy tales.

I'm not going to do etymologies on these words because i know what i'm going to hear, not only from you but even from Albanians of this forum, although if you want a clue just take the Alb. word 'udhë' (journey) as a potential root for the name 'Odysseus' (who's history matches with the meaning of the word udhë)

and also apart from the fact that Albanian is different than the rest I.E's let's see who lived in ancient Greece,
of course not Albanians, the term didn't existed that time
Historians that mention Pelasgians are these
Ησίοδος, Όμηρος, Έφορος, Στράβων, Σκύμνος, Ηρόδοτος, Μενεκράτης, Παυσανίας, Θουκυδίδης, Ευριπίδης, Αισχύλος, Διονύσιος ο Αλικαρνασσεύς, Αντικλείδης, Πλάτων.

Herodotus (lived between 4-5th century b.c)
“ἥντινα δὲ γλῶσσαν ἵεσαν οἱ Πελασγοί, οὐκ ἔχω ἀτρεκέως εἰπεῖν… ἦσαν οἱ Πελασγοὶ βάρβαρον γλῶσσαν ἱέντες”
[What language however the Pelasgians used to speak I am not able with certainty to say… the Pelasgians used to speak a Barbarian language]

“… τοῖσι νῦν ἔτι ἐοῦσι Πελασγῶν τῶν ὑπὲρ Τυρσηνῶν Κρηστῶνα πόλιν οἰκεόντων, οἳ ὅμουροι κοτὲ ἦσαν τοῖσι νῦν Δωριεῦσι καλεομένοισι (οἴκεον δὲ τηνικαῦτα γῆν τὴν νῦν Θεσσαλιῶτιν καλεομένην), καὶ τῶν Πλακίην τε καὶ Σκυλάκην Πελασγῶν οἰκησάντων ἐν Ἑλλησπόντῳ, οἳ σύνοικοι ἐγένοντο Ἀθηναίοισι, καὶ ὅσα ἄλλα Πελασγικὰ ἐόντα πολίσματα τὸ οὔνομα μετέβαλε· …εἰ τοίνυν ἦν καὶ πᾶν τοιοῦτο τὸ Πελασγικόν, τὸ Ἀττικὸν ἔθνος ἐὸν Πελασγικὸν ἅμα τῇ μεταβολῇ τῇ ἐς Ἕλληνας καὶ τὴν γλῶσσαν μετέμαθε. καὶ γὰρ δὴ οὔτε οἱ Κρηστωνιῆται οὐδαμοῖσι τῶν νῦν σφέας περιοικεόντων εἰσὶ ὁμόγλωσσοι οὔτε οἱ Πλακιηνοί, σφίσι δὲ ὁμόγλωσσοι· δηλοῦσί τε ὅτι τὸν ἠνείκαντο γλώσσης χαρακτῆρα μεταβαίνοντες ἐς ταῦτα τὰ χωρία, τοῦτον ἔχουσι ἐν φυλακῇ.”
[… judging by those that still remain of the Pelasgians who dwelt in the city of Creston above the Tyrsenians, and who were once neighbours of the race now called Dorian, dwelling then in the land which is now called Thessaliotis, and also by those that remain of the Pelasgians who settled at Plakia and Skylake in the region of the Hellespont, who before that had been settlers with the Athenians, and of the natives of the various other towns which are really Pelasgian, though they have lost the name…. If therefore all the Pelasgian race was such as these, then the Attic race, being Pelasgian, at the same time when it changed and became Hellenic, unlearnt also its language. For the people of Creston do not speak the same language with any of those who dwell about them, nor yet do the people of Plakia, but they speak the same language one as the other: and by this it is proved that they still keep unchanged the form of language which they brought with them when they migrated to these places.]

Homer (lived or didn't existed at all, between 7-10th century b.c)
“Ζεῦ ἄνα Δωδωναῖε Πελασγικὲ τηλόθι ναίων”
[Pelasgians Dodonæan Zeus supreme]

ἄλλη δ᾽ ἄλλων γλῶσσα μεμιγμένη· ἐν μὲν Ἀχαιοί,

ἐν δ᾽ Ἐτεόκρητες μεγαλήτορες, ἐν δὲ Κύδωνες,

Δωριέες τε τριχάϊκες δῖοί τε Πελασγοί.
[Diverse their language is; Achaians some,
And some indigenous are; Cydonians there,
Crest-shaking Dorians, and Pelasgians dwell.]

“Ἱππόθοος δ᾽ ἄγε φῦλα Πελασγῶν ἐγχεσιμώρων

τῶν οἳ Λάρισαν ἐριβώλακα ναιετάασκον·”
[Hypothecs from Larissa, for her soil
Far-famed, the spear-expert Pelasgians brought.]

But Dionysius of Halicarnassus clearly states that Pelasgians are Hellenes, around 60 Bc - 7 Bc ~
so that shows that indeed Pelasgians were Hellenized eventually, but before 4th century B.c it's clear that they were still speaking a barbarian language for Greeks, and as we can see they lived from Crete to Lemnos, and from Samothraki to Epirus while Dodona was called as their center.

i don't know a Greek linguist who is sure about the Greek origin of the mythological god's, goddess's, names.
everyone is giving a possible explanation because that's their job to try and explain names-words etc. but all of them they also mention that possibly there's a pre-Greek origin of the names.
Z.Kopidakis in his book 'The history of Greek language' says that Greek has based it's creation on a brunch of a I.E language.

Please guys be nice to each other. The world is such a big place that if you took all living greeks and albanians they would not fill even a single city like Tokyo.

Please guys be nice to each other. The world is such a big place that if you took all living greeks and albanians they would not fill even a single city like Tokyo.
I love when we put things in perspective. :)

First of all let's make something clear,
I believe that suggesting and arguing means productivity, in everything not only in linguistics,
So i hope what we're going to have from a thread like this is exactly that,
we're two neighbour countries and we both have unique languages, (I do speak Greek) so that should be something to unite and not separate.
But that doesn't happens from your (Greek) side only because of political issues of the past, Albania and Greece are still in war officially and it's something that Greek side keeps avoiding to speak about.
I have my own opinion about the language evolution and i'm not hiding from it as you see, of course it's not something that i personally noticed, there are lots of authors who published (and keep publishing) books that study Albanian language not in the same way as we're used to study the rest I.E languages, i think that comes from the fact that Albanian has short monosyllabic root-words that by adding only 1 more letter to them you have a new word,
e.x
'' ushte '' - '' spear '' - '' δόρυ ''
'' ushtri '' - '' army '' - '' στρατός ''
'' ushtar '' - '' soldier '' - '' στρατιώτης''
'' ushtrim '' - '' excercise '' - '' ασκησις ''
'' kushtrim '' - '' war cry '' - '' πολεμικη κραυγη ''
'' trim '' - '' brave '' - '' γενναιος ''

and the new word that you create it has a close meaning with the first one, it is like even a single letter it's important because the words are connected with each other like they're not made up randomly but it's like someone structured them by this way,
that's why there are so many authors claiming that Albanian is the oldest language or god knows what else, because it can be studied in a different way ( more simple ) than the way of I.E theory studies the languages.
I'm only mentioning it so you can understand that these claims are based somewhere and they're not nationalistic fairy tales.

I'm not going to do etymologies on these words because i know what i'm going to hear, not only from you but even from Albanians of this forum, although if you want a clue just take the Alb. word 'udhë' (journey) as a potential root for the name 'Odysseus' (who's history matches with the meaning of the word udhë)

and also apart from the fact that Albanian is different than the rest I.E's let's see who lived in ancient Greece,
of course not Albanians, the term didn't existed that time
Historians that mention Pelasgians are these
Ησίοδος, Όμηρος, Έφορος, Στράβων, Σκύμνος, Ηρόδοτος, Μενεκράτης, Παυσανίας, Θουκυδίδης, Ευριπίδης, Αισχύλος, Διονύσιος ο Αλικαρνασσεύς, Αντικλείδης, Πλάτων.

Herodotus (lived between 4-5th century b.c)
“ἥντινα δὲ γλῶσσαν ἵεσαν οἱ Πελασγοί, οὐκ ἔχω ἀτρεκέως εἰπεῖν… ἦσαν οἱ Πελασγοὶ βάρβαρον γλῶσσαν ἱέντες”
[What language however the Pelasgians used to speak I am not able with certainty to say… the Pelasgians used to speak a Barbarian language]

“… τοῖσι νῦν ἔτι ἐοῦσι Πελασγῶν τῶν ὑπὲρ Τυρσηνῶν Κρηστῶνα πόλιν οἰκεόντων, οἳ ὅμουροι κοτὲ ἦσαν τοῖσι νῦν Δωριεῦσι καλεομένοισι (οἴκεον δὲ τηνικαῦτα γῆν τὴν νῦν Θεσσαλιῶτιν καλεομένην), καὶ τῶν Πλακίην τε καὶ Σκυλάκην Πελασγῶν οἰκησάντων ἐν Ἑλλησπόντῳ, οἳ σύνοικοι ἐγένοντο Ἀθηναίοισι, καὶ ὅσα ἄλλα Πελασγικὰ ἐόντα πολίσματα τὸ οὔνομα μετέβαλε· …εἰ τοίνυν ἦν καὶ πᾶν τοιοῦτο τὸ Πελασγικόν, τὸ Ἀττικὸν ἔθνος ἐὸν Πελασγικὸν ἅμα τῇ μεταβολῇ τῇ ἐς Ἕλληνας καὶ τὴν γλῶσσαν μετέμαθε. καὶ γὰρ δὴ οὔτε οἱ Κρηστωνιῆται οὐδαμοῖσι τῶν νῦν σφέας περιοικεόντων εἰσὶ ὁμόγλωσσοι οὔτε οἱ Πλακιηνοί, σφίσι δὲ ὁμόγλωσσοι· δηλοῦσί τε ὅτι τὸν ἠνείκαντο γλώσσης χαρακτῆρα μεταβαίνοντες ἐς ταῦτα τὰ χωρία, τοῦτον ἔχουσι ἐν φυλακῇ.”
[… judging by those that still remain of the Pelasgians who dwelt in the city of Creston above the Tyrsenians, and who were once neighbours of the race now called Dorian, dwelling then in the land which is now called Thessaliotis, and also by those that remain of the Pelasgians who settled at Plakia and Skylake in the region of the Hellespont, who before that had been settlers with the Athenians, and of the natives of the various other towns which are really Pelasgian, though they have lost the name…. If therefore all the Pelasgian race was such as these, then the Attic race, being Pelasgian, at the same time when it changed and became Hellenic, unlearnt also its language. For the people of Creston do not speak the same language with any of those who dwell about them, nor yet do the people of Plakia, but they speak the same language one as the other: and by this it is proved that they still keep unchanged the form of language which they brought with them when they migrated to these places.]

Homer (lived or didn't existed at all, between 7-10th century b.c)
“Ζεῦ ἄνα Δωδωναῖε Πελασγικὲ τηλόθι ναίων”
[Pelasgians Dodonæan Zeus supreme]

ἄλλη δ᾽ ἄλλων γλῶσσα μεμιγμένη· ἐν μὲν Ἀχαιοί,

ἐν δ᾽ Ἐτεόκρητες μεγαλήτορες, ἐν δὲ Κύδωνες,

Δωριέες τε τριχάϊκες δῖοί τε Πελασγοί.
[Diverse their language is; Achaians some,
And some indigenous are; Cydonians there,
Crest-shaking Dorians, and Pelasgians dwell.]

“Ἱππόθοος δ᾽ ἄγε φῦλα Πελασγῶν ἐγχεσιμώρων

τῶν οἳ Λάρισαν ἐριβώλακα ναιετάασκον·”
[Hypothecs from Larissa, for her soil
Far-famed, the spear-expert Pelasgians brought.]

But Dionysius of Halicarnassus clearly states that Pelasgians are Hellenes, around 60 Bc - 7 Bc ~
so that shows that indeed Pelasgians were Hellenized eventually, but before 4th century B.c it's clear that they were still speaking a barbarian language for Greeks, and as we can see they lived from Crete to Lemnos, and from Samothraki to Epirus while Dodona was called as their center.

i don't know a Greek linguist who is sure about the Greek origin of the mythological god's, goddess's, names.
everyone is giving a possible explanation because that's their job to try and explain names-words etc. but all of them they also mention that possibly there's a pre-Greek origin of the names.
Z.Kopidakis in his book 'The history of Greek language' says that Greek has based it's creation on a brunch of a I.E language.

@ LAB

all the above are correct,
but lets see something else, on Herodotus if remember correct,
he clearly names Dorians as Hellanes,
and Iones as εθνος Πελασγικον,
also as you point Δωριεις Τριχακες, meaning from Trikkiaoi modern Τρικαλα
Τρικαιοι is west part of Thessally, East part of Thessaly is named as Πελασγικον Αργος

as you said Pelasgoi were not Greeks, and for me not IE
but the IE branches either from south, either from east mixed with Pelasgoi, created the Greek nation,

Lets see the most possible terms for Pelasgoi,

1 to be IE and term pelasgoi means the same with Polish Greek Polios = white people = blond
2 to be connected with term flat and Pelasgoi means Naval people see Pelagos

NOTICE
Pelasgians Have nothing to do with Pelagonia.

notice
Αντικλειδης names clearly Pelasgians the Thyrrenians (Etruscans)
Lately more and more we know that Aegean sea and Etruscans had strong connections,
the problem until now is that Pelasgians came from Italy to Aegean and Minoir Asia or the opposite?

for example not only the Lemnean stele
BUT also Skiathos island, Tηνος Island etc etc,

words like Ωκεανος is Pelasgian origin.
compare aqua in Italy etc etc

so for me personnaly Pelasgians were probably the Hattians compare Attica
which was Pelasgian dwelling at Kodros times,

But nobodys knows Pelasgian language, as nobody knows Etruscan language,
we just know a small vocabullary

Offcourse
Etrouscan are also Connected with Rhaetian
but also with Minoan
and Arcado-Cypriot
there a proposition that connects them with Albanian also,

I hope i made my shelf clear.
Nobody knows the Pelasgian language.
only some words,
and the most possible by that words,
is a non IE language, that existed in west minor Asia, Aegean Greece, and Etruria,
and if Rhaetian theory is correct moved to Rhaetia.

anyway, words like Attica Ωκεανος and maybe the word Ανθρωπος might be from Pelasgian

about Greek gods,
some of them Like Ηφαιστος, the Καβειριαν, might be imported to Greek religion,
others are clear IE,
but in Greece so many make theories by just a word,
that even Jesus they connect him Ερμης τρισμεγιστος.

and I continue,
If you believe that your theory is correct, send it to a University, or a good magazine to expand more.
and be a search field,

but until now I see only discuss with no conclusion by you
SO PLZ AFTER ALL THESE POSTS AND DISCUSS
WHAT IS THE RESUME/RESULT OF YOUR THEORY
ΤΟ ΕΝ ΚΑΤΑΚΛΕΙΔΙ

NOTICE
GREEK IS NOT A LANGUAGE BUT A LINGUISTIC FAMILY
Koine is a kind of creole common dialect based on the other dialects
modern Greek problem
was discussed at 1800 and created καθαρευουσα.
but did not solve the problem,
so modern Greek is a kind of neo-koine based on Thracian idiom,
(and its very poor, considering ancient Koine)

@ Yetos

A possible etymology from Greek sources for the term 'Ελλην'
It's so funny how close they're, they didn't only found the root word, but they also explained that the Greek word 'Hλιος' comes from that,
which is true.

Ελλην. ( ellin )
Η λέξη «Έλλην» είναι σύνθετη από το Ελ και το λην. Όπου Ελ είναι ο (θεός) Ήλ – ιος, ο ζωοδότης, ο φωτοδότης. Η κατάληξη της λέξης «ήλ ιος» σημαίνει ότι αυτό το ουράνιο σώμα που δίνει ζωή στη γη, αντλεί το φως του από τον Ελ ή Ηλ, δηλαδή τον Θεό. Ο Ήλιος δεν ήταν Θεός, ήταν αυτός που αντλούσε ή δεχόταν φως από το Θεό και, με τη σειρά του αυτός το έδινε στη γη.Ελ ή Ηλ, όπως: Ηλεία, δηλαδή η χώρα του Ήλιου. Η Ελ υμπία ή Ολυμπία δεν είναι τυχαίο που βρίσκεται στην Ηλεία. Όπως και ο Όλυμπος δεν είναι τυχαίο που βρίσκεται στην Ελ λάδα.

they say ' ΕΛ '( el ) οr ' ΗΛ ' ( il ) = Sun because of the word HL-IOS
they're right about the root EL or IL although that root word takes us to Albanian, and it's the word ' YLL ' = star (ylli = the star)
it's the same word that explains the term ' Illy-rian '

Elli - N
Illy - R

Vowels replace each other , and consonants are the same except N - R
the rotation of N > R it's something familiar with Albanian.
ShqipNi (geg) - ShqipeRi (tosk) > same term but with different pronunciation.
and
DhuNoj = violate - DhuRoj = donate > rotation of N > R to describe words with opposite meaning

Dhunë, Dhunoj > Δύναμη, Δίνη, etc (Dhunë = βια)
Dhuratë,Dhuroj > Δώρο.Δωριζω,etc

So we can suppose the terms Ellin,Illyr had the same meaning or are even the same word under geg,tosk
or they're two terms to describe opposite ''tribes'' but of the same origin,

we can enforce this theory by adding the mythological founder of Illyria Hyllus the son of Heracles.
the name Ylli is in use even today in Albanian.
or the name of Bardylis from two words Bardhë + YLL = white star
and also the symbol of ancient Macedonians was a 'STAR' ( Yll )
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/LX/16RaysSun1.jpg
and of course the city of ' ΙΛΙ-ΑΣ ' Homer mentions as the city of the Sun

all these terms show sun worship, that's what alphabets show as well,
my theory says that since there were the Pelasgians a non-Greek speaking population all over ancient Greece they definitely had an influence to Greek language,
or even better Greek language based it's creation on Pelasgian language. maybe that explains the fact that Greek alphabet words for letters cannot be explained from Greek language, and many other words,names,toponyms,gods,etc, cannot be explained from Greek and they're named as pre-Greek or even Semitic. so it's not right saying that there is not Pelasgian language, only the study of ancient Greek related with Albanian is enough.

@ LAB

there are 3 major theories about ΕΛΛΑΣ and ΕΛΛΑΝΕΣ

1rst a) that comes from (S)ELIOS+ Pelasgian LA (stone) meaning stones in the sun
b) that comes from El(Ol) + LA = Holy stones

2nd and most possiblr for me is this
Hellas a place at Phthia Thessaly
a river pass from Hellas named Ellanas noth of it the sacred mountain Olympos in some areas is called Elympos
at south there is also another sacred smaller mountain (or city ko-no) ΕΛΙΚΩΝ
the Olympic games tradionally until the Dorian descent (8-10th century) were at Ellanas river south of land of ΣΕΛΛΟΙ (Γραικοι το Αριστοτελης)
Ellanas mean eel river modern Alamana, also compare modern Χελοποταμος At Makedonia at the sacred city of ΔΙΟΝ
so most possible Ελλανες =Ελλιμειανς = Εγχελεις = eel people or generally people who live in land where eel go, or eel eaters,

3rd to mean speaker Elle-nes Like Cele-tes like Slav-oi
κελητας ιππος yielding Horse, Slobo etc
also Γραικοι might mean Γηραιοι but also possible to mean understand
compare Γρικω Εγρικησα at Pontic Greek And Γρουσσα at Dorian exo-Lakonian

the word possible etymologies
1rst ΗΛΙΟΣ is IE comes from S(EL) compare Sol with loss of S
compare Αλς Αλας-Aλατος (S)alt

2nd from Aλιος the ones who comes and go to Aλς (Θ)αλασσα

3rd from Ελανη = λαμπας = lamp-big candle compare λαμπαδηδρομια

4rth !!!!
in Homer is also founded as 'ΗΕΛΙΟΣ hEELΙΟΣ
and in Cretan as ΑΒΕΛΙΟΣ AVELIOS/ABELIOS

5τη
and in Aeοlian dialect as Αελιος
the last I think is most correct
ΑΕΛΙΟΣ comes from AΛΕΩ ΕΙΛΩ (Θ)ΑΛΩ , compare AΛΟΗ-ΑΛΩΣ Alo ΘΑΛΠΩΡΗ ΘΑΛΕΙΑ I shine, Ι warm up

72911831.jpg

Ηλιακη Αλως Solar alos-aloe

compare the later christian saints the head Alo
SnapShot_111221_092541.png

Now for word Olympos and in καλυμνος Ελυμπος
nobody knows
an effort connect it with λαμπ = I shine,
but also can be Αλος since you can see his shape/shadow/light hundrends km away,
or something sacred like for example simmilar to Holly Apollo etc

Albanian Illy

Illy has nothing to do with Greek, rather with Celto/Latin or Hettit
Hettits had a deity of light called Illuyanka meaning eel
and offcourse you know Latin Illum (at least you know Illuminati
Eluveitie = Helveti = Illuminati?

ΥΛΑΣ ΙΟΛΑΟΣ
About Ylas and Iolaos
well the myths mention them
they can be the same
they can be different persons

NOTICE

Celto-Latin Illum in Greek is ΦΩΣ ΦΑΙΝΩ FAUN
So sun as light is also ΦΑΕΘΩΝ as light giver

PS

the same you write here are in ZEUS10
a server in USA hosted by we know who
SO MAN PLZ

search IE language

Ελλην. ( ellin )
Η λέξη «Έλλην» είναι σύνθετη από το Ελ και το λην. Όπου Ελ είναι ο (θεός) Ήλ – ιος, ο ζωοδότης, ο φωτοδότης. Η κατάληξη της λέξης «ήλ ιος» σημαίνει ότι αυτό το ουράνιο σώμα που δίνει ζωή στη γη, αντλεί το φως του από τον Ελ ή Ηλ, δηλαδή τον Θεό. Ο Ήλιος δεν ήταν Θεός, ήταν αυτός που αντλούσε ή δεχόταν φως από το Θεό και, με τη σειρά του αυτός το έδινε στη γη.Ελ ή Ηλ, όπως: Ηλεία, δηλαδή η χώρα του Ήλιου. Η Ελ υμπία ή Ολυμπία δεν είναι τυχαίο που βρίσκεται στην Ηλεία. Όπως και ο Όλυμπος δεν είναι τυχαίο που βρίσκεται στην Ελ λάδα.

In Semitic Hebrew the ΙΕΧΩΒΑ has other 6 names
like the bellow
EL SANTAI (God holder)
EL ELION (very high GOD, God above υψιστος)
WHAT ARE WE TALKING NOW? THAT ΗΛΕΙΑ and Ηλιος comes From SEMITIC HEBREW ELION?
and not from possible IE Selios =Sol etc?
or Αλω or Λαμπας
or Alamana is not mother of eels?
Ατ The sacred city of Makedonians
the river is called Ελλοποταμος Χελοποταμος = eel river compare ΕΛΛΑΝΑΣ ΕΛΛΑΣ

__BP09005A.jpg

all these terms show sun worship, that's what alphabets show as well,
my theory says that since there were the Pelasgians a non-Greek speaking population all over ancient Greece they definitely had an influence to Greek language,
or even better Greek language based it's creation on Pelasgian language. maybe that explains the fact that Greek alphabet words for letters cannot be explained from Greek language, and many other words,names,toponyms,gods,etc, cannot be explained from Greek and they're named as pre-Greek or even Semitic. so it's not right saying that there is not Pelasgian language, only the study of ancient Greek related with Albanian is enough.

YOU DO NOT KNOW PELASGIAN, NOBODY KNOWS,
BUT we can find some words, some of them might have semitic ancestry, or enter to Semitic,
Pelasgian might be connected also with Summerrian, Etruscan etc
if we consider them as a non IE language

but you know Greek Alphabet
Αλ Φα Βη τα Γα Μα ΔΕ (ΗΛΙΕ ΦΑΙΝΕ ΒΗ ΤΑΣ ΓΑΙΑΣ etc )
meaning SUN SHINE AND PAS THE LANDS etc

So we can suppose the terms Ellin,Illyr had the same meaning or are even the same word under geg,tosk
or they're two terms to describe opposite ''tribes'' but of the same origin,

we can enforce this theory by adding the mythological founder of Illyria Hyllus the son of Heracles.
the name Ylli is in use even today in Albanian.
or the name of Bardylis from two words Bardhë + YLL = white star
and also the symbol of ancient Macedonians was a 'STAR' ( Yll )
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/LX/16RaysSun1.jpg
and of course the city of ' ΙΛΙ-ΑΣ ' Homer mentions as the city of the Sun

ALBANIAN ILLYR IF MEANS LIGHT THEN IS A LOAN WORLD FROM CELTO/LATIN ILLUM
WHICH CLEARLY PROVES THAT ALBANIAN IS NOT AN AYTOCHTHONUS LANGUAGE IN BALKANS
BUT FROM ABOVE ISTROS
AND POSSIBLY A CREOLE LANGUAGE FROM MIXING AROMANI SLAVIC GREEK AND GERMANIC
Clearly AN ARMY LANGUAGE

MAKEDONIAN SYMBOL IS A SUN NOT A STAR.

MAYBE TODAY YOU WILL find to an BE ELUVEITIE (Helveti-ILLUMINATI)
SINCE TODAY IS THE LIGHT DAY (ΠΕΝΤΗΚΟΣΤΗ) To Christians
and in about 15 Days is also the light Day of Pagans
except if you are a muslim, sorry I do not know when they celebrate the light.
I a Human afterall

LAST BUT NOT LEAST
CONSIDERING THAT HETTITS HAD GOD ILLUYANKA OR EEL DEITY
TRY NOT TO PROVE THAT HETTITS WERE ALBANIANS OR OPOSITE, NEITHER that GREEKS ARE HETTITS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuyanka

notice ILLYR ILLUR ??????? unknown? Light as ylli/star FROM LATIN ILLUM GREEK ΦΑΙΝΩ ΦΩΣ ΦΑΕΘΩΝ (notice FAUN)
and deity form APOLLO
ILLUYANKA ELLANAS HELLAS ELLIMEIANS ΕΓΧΕΛΕΙΣ = EEL

now back to truth.

Illuyanka
6768136.jpg

killed as Πυθων by Apollo
5657463569_54b0917e83_z.jpg

allright I said Last before but I can not hold
you claim Pelasgian
you claim Greek
You probably know ALBANIAN
BUT SURELY DO YOU SPEAK ILLYRIAN ?

ΕΓΧΕΛΕΙΣ ΕΝCHELOI one ancient Illyrian tribe by Historians
ΧΕΛΕΙΣ heloi compare Helopotamos Hellanas
means EEL Nation/tribe in IllYRIAN
same to Greek
it is not ngjalë

SO YOU SPEAK ILLYRIAN ?

plz do not make axioma that Albanian = Illyrian=Pelasgian =Greek
This ΑΞΙΩΜΑ is wrong,

cause if you knew Illyrian you would not dare to compare Illy-ylli knowing the ΕΓΧΕΛΕΙΣ
AND ALSO THE CHELIDONI ΕΛΙΔΟΝΟΙ FROM ΕΛΙΞ HELIX
A SNAKE OR AN EEL ROUND ITS BODY AS A Geometric HELIX
as also the snail 'home'
220px-Helix2.png

Helix Ελικα Χελι Eel Illuyanka

rotate helix by 90o and you have Illuyanka or Python
4821558655_b6d9f5a572.jpg

So ΗΛΙΟΣ is possibly connected with ΑΛΩ and not Hellas
and Hellas is connected with eel river land, as also ΗΛεια maybe?
and has nothing to do with Albanian Illy/Ylli
which is a Loan from Latin ILLUM,
or to make Devils advocate have same root from a clade of IE (lates say family D)

But Both ILLUM ΑΛΩΣ or ΛΑΜΠΑΣ etc might come from older IE language one or more level above
(Lates say C drom where exit clade family D)
As also Aal Eel Illuyanka Ελλας Helix might come from also IE LANGUAGE ?
(same Family C or above a linguistic family B which sprunk from PIE family A)
ngjalë tell me is it IE? YES
from ngjale sprunk Greek Elos Heli Hettit Illuyanka Danish Aal English Eel? NO
personally I believe that ngjalë is a plain Loan from LATIN ANGUILLA (xyz+ILL)
but maybe I am wrong, so a linguist expert in IE can tell us

plz respect your shelf and me,
so I to respect you and myshelf.

modern Greek has some loans from Albanian Arvanitika
modern Albanian has loans from Greek either antique either modern.
both languages use also some vocabulary from Latin/Roman and Aromani
which is not Albanian neither Greek
also same with Slavic,
and finally Turkish/Ottoman
but to understand the loan first you must search the rules upon which family A language split to Families B

I think I was polite enough, and easy to be understood and not misunderstood.
Thank you for giving spot to develope the simple very well known Linguistics (known to all Linguists)
have a good night

you said that Albanian language has many monosyllabic words,
to understand Greek

χωρος =space
now notice
χωριον
χωριο
χωριο
χωρια
χωρια
χωρα

all have different meaning byut all sprunk from χωρος
and not from χορος

BTW
part of your post is from here

http://andromeda252.blogspot.gr/2013/07/blog-post_15.html

I do not know how correct it is ,
they make connection of Hλ Ολ Ελ with word Holly
but what about word ΗΛΟΣ nail
9k=

or
5.jpg

notice Hλ-ωσις nails Ελ-ασις thin plates

maybe Illyr does not meant light in Illyrian, but eel?
I can not certify the above, I just make devils advocate.

last
in another blog you will find that EΛληνες comes from Τellenes a word from S America Indians!!!
so do not trust internet bloggers too much.
I myshelf many times stay astonished or embaranced by trusting them.

Last edited:
@ LAB

a good pointer of linguistic is the word Troia
so Troia or Troy, ορ ΤΡΩΑΣ

as an Albanian your mind goes straight to the word Troya
I think means territory and municipal something like land latin terra
as an Italian or a latin speaker the mind of someone goes to the city Turin, a Tower in Balkans S Slavs say Tyrnovo Trnava means castle tower, le Tour Eiffel.
possible Greek ΤΙΡΥΣ ΤΙΡΥΝΘΑ has same meaning
tiryns.jpg

as greek my mind goes to virb θωρω and τηρω, meaning I watch
compare επι-τηρω Θεωρειον,
Ηomer writes Τροιης ιερον πτολιεθρον, it is the acropolis the most high fortification from where you watch battle,
compare παρα-τηρη-τηριον=observe tower

other non IE same sound
in Phoenicia there was a city called ΤΥΡΟΣ, English Tyre, latin Tyrus.
or maybe Troia from Tursen Thyrsennoi?

what you believe is the most correct?
an expert linguist can find more 'roots'
maybe the virb Throw?

notice we do not know for certain if Troyans were IE speakers or other
we assume statistically that possible they spoke an Anatolian language or Hettit.

Last edited:
@Yetos

On your previous posts you said 'There is not Pelasgian language'

on your last posts you started explaining Greek words through ''Pelasgian language''.
so is there Pelasgian language or not?
Pelasgians lived in Lemnos according to historians, and Lemnos steele is totally alien to Greek language, and with a different alphabet. how come?

The tribe of 'Σελλοι' was located in Epirus, 500 km away from Athens.
Epirus was a synonym of Albania during the middle ages, and even until 1913 according to Greek documents from the congress of London the largest city of Epirus was inhabited mostly by Albanians, south Epirus became a part of Greece only in 1940 after a military invasion.
so the place that gave birth to the Greek nation was always inhabited by Albanians until WW2, and you want to convince me that ' Σελλοι' and Illyrians' have not similar languages?

IE theory doesn't stands for Albanian language and soon or later IE theory will fail because of Albanian language no matter how big that sounds i'm pretty much confident about it despite that even many Albanians writing on this forum don't agree.

-) You still cannot explain how it's possible the basic body parts in Albanian to start with ' K ' which shows that they must have not changed at all during time something that proves I.E theory wrong, and shows connection with a symbol from the Phaistos disc. (not the only one),
-) you cannot explain how is possible someone to ''invent'' an alphabet which he is going to use but name it's letters under a different language that was spoken 3000 km away?! (Athens-M.East) ?!? are there any records of Hebrews in ancient Greece?? i don't think so..
-) And also t
he so called Greek alphabet has 7 vowel-letters (α,ε,η,ι,ο,υ,ω) while modern Greek language uses only 4 of them. Albanian (or Pelasgian) language has 7 vowels exactly like the Greek alphabet of 7th century B.C, so why not naming the alphabet as Pelasgian? there are Illyrian inscriptions in which we find words of Albanian language written in Greek and pre-Greek alphabet mixed.
https://prnt.sc/fhxvde

it's quite simple, there were 2 spoken languages in ancient Greece until the 2-3rd century B.C according to historians (Pelasgians and Hellenes),
modern Greeks are trying to convince as that Pelasgian = Greek that's why Babiniotis explains the letters of the Greek alphabet through anc. Hebrew because he doesn't wants to consider that there was a 2nd language(Pelasgian) in ancient Greece, if he does that it will be easy for everyone to relate Pelasgian with Albanian, since the centre of Pelasgians was Dodona of Epirus and of course because of the names of the Pelasgian mythology having proper meaning through Albanian, and the letter 'Delta' of the Greek alphabet shows clearly what it means through Alb.

Babiniotis says that 'Delta' comes from ancient Hebrew 'Daleth' = 'Exit'
while in Albanian the word is ' Dalje ' and the verb ( Dal )produces other words,
but also we find the opposite of the word in Albanian
Dalje = Exit
Ndalje = Obstacle,Discontinuation
( Again categorised words with only 1 letter giving a different meaning, what IE theory says about that?? LOL )

it would be better to start and explain all these before trying to explain words that are predating the creation of Greek language
Troy (Troje = homeland. Alb)

one more fact that you're not aware of is for what reason alphabets were created,
every nation can claim that invented the alphabet it has to do with it's national pride and everyone would have such claims even with the smallest evidence
but can you explain why alphabets start with A,B,C..??
and not with X,L,O..etc f.e or whatever?

the letters of the alphabets are not in random order but they have to do with the religion of the proto humans, something that can be explained only through Albanian language,

the word ' Yll ' is not a loan word from Celtic,
but it's one more word that derives from the ancient symbolic languages of pre-Greek era, the era of the Pelasgians
the letter ' Y ' from the Phoenicians and from Egyptians was symbolised with the ' SUN BEETLE '
the sun beetle forms the shape of the modern letter ' Y ' and it's easy to notice that.
exactly by the same way that the human body shapes the letter ' K '

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3e/eb/9d/3eeb9d6870f3860dc5a2e2d280801443.jpg
http://www.baslibrary.org/sites/default/files/bsba250204300l.jpg
http://cf.ltkcdn.net/tattoos/images/std/9147-300x212-Egyptianscarab.jpg

Y
YJE = stars
YLL = star
YLLI = the star
HYJNOR = divine,godlike,supernal,heavenly etc,etc

so based on the letter of the Phoenicians the proper writing of the word is with ' Y ' (Yll) and not with ' I ' (Illum)
also in Alb. there is the word 'Pyll' = forest
maybe this is the word that can be related with the Greek 'Ηλος' (nail) since we know that 3000 years ago they used wooden nails like this
http://antiquities.bibalex.org/Attachments/Photos/Big/00157537-0001.png

the term ' Illyrian ' as far as i know is filtered from Greeks hence it's not starting with ' Y '
the name of the mythological founder of Illyria though is this ' HYLLUS '

@ LAB

PLZ man

take your agenda and ....
read again what I say

ΣΕΛΟΙ even today the area is called like that,
no name changed,

no matter you readers of the forums
and those who know read your posts and mine,
linguists know well.

as for pelasgian
Nobody knows the language,
but from the litle we know,
ESPECIALLY AT THE GREEK CITY OF PYRGI,
WE CAN FIND AND ASUME MORE OF THEIR VOCABULARY,
and surekly is not ALBANIAN,
But some of it exist in Greek, ancient and modern

Good night and sweat dreams,
No need to answer you,
since you can not understand THE IE LANGUAGES

for you Albanian a modern IE language is mother of all IE languages,
for me is not,

WELL TAKE YOUR WORK TO SWEDEN, MAYBE YOU WILL EARN THE NOBEL PRIZE.

there are 3 major theories about ΕΛΛΑΣ and ΕΛΛΑΝΕΣ

1rst a) that comes from (S)ELIOS+ Pelasgian LA (stone) meaning stones in the sun
b) that comes from El(Ol) + LA = Holy stones

2nd and most possiblr for me is this
Hellas a place at Phthia Thessaly
a river pass from Hellas named Ellanas noth of it the sacred mountain Olympos in some areas is called Elympos
at south there is also another sacred smaller mountain (or city ko-no) ΕΛΙΚΩΝ
the Olympic games tradionally until the Dorian descent (8-10th century) were at Ellanas river south of land of ΣΕΛΛΟΙ (Γραικοι το Αριστοτελης)
Ellanas mean eel river modern Alamana, also compare modern Χελοποταμος At Makedonia at the sacred city of ΔΙΟΝ
so most possible Ελλανες =Ελλιμειανς = Εγχελεις = eel people or generally people who live in land where eel go, or eel eaters,

3rd to mean speaker Elle-nes Like Cele-tes like Slav-oi
κελητας ιππος yielding Horse, Slobo etc
also Γραικοι might mean Γηραιοι but also possible to mean understand
compare Γρικω Εγρικησα at Pontic Greek And Γρουσσα at Dorian exo-Lakonian

the word possible etymologies
1rst ΗΛΙΟΣ is IE comes from S(EL) compare Sol with loss of S
compare Αλς Αλας-Aλατος (S)alt

2nd from Aλιος the ones who comes and go to Aλς (Θ)αλασσα

3rd from Ελανη = λαμπας = lamp-big candle compare λαμπαδηδρομια

4rth !!!!
in Homer is also founded as 'ΗΕΛΙΟΣ hEELΙΟΣ
and in Cretan as ΑΒΕΛΙΟΣ AVELIOS/ABELIOS

5τη
and in Aeοlian dialect as Αελιος
the last I think is most correct
ΑΕΛΙΟΣ comes from AΛΕΩ ΕΙΛΩ (Θ)ΑΛΩ , compare AΛΟΗ-ΑΛΩΣ Alo ΘΑΛΠΩΡΗ ΘΑΛΕΙΑ I shine, Ι warm up

72911831.jpg

Ηλιακη Αλως Solar alos-aloe

compare the later christian saints the head Alo
SnapShot_111221_092541.png

Now for word Olympos and in καλυμνος Ελυμπος
nobody knows
an effort connect it with λαμπ = I shine,
but also can be Αλος since you can see his shape/shadow/light hundrends km away,
or something sacred like for example simmilar to Holly Apollo etc

Albanian Illy

Illy has nothing to do with Greek, rather with Celto/Latin or Hettit
Hettits had a deity of light called Illuyanka meaning eel
and offcourse you know Latin Illum (at least you know Illuminati
Eluveitie = Helveti = Illuminati?

ΥΛΑΣ ΙΟΛΑΟΣ
About Ylas and Iolaos
well the myths mention them
they can be the same
they can be different persons

NOTICE

Celto-Latin Illum in Greek is ΦΩΣ ΦΑΙΝΩ FAUN
So sun as light is also ΦΑΕΘΩΝ as light giver

PS

the same you write here are in ZEUS10
a server in USA hosted by we know who
SO MAN PLZ

search IE language

In Semitic Hebrew the ΙΕΧΩΒΑ has other 6 names
like the bellow
EL SANTAI (God holder)
EL ELION (very high GOD, God above υψιστος)
WHAT ARE WE TALKING NOW? THAT ΗΛΕΙΑ and Ηλιος comes From SEMITIC HEBREW ELION?
and not from possible IE Selios =Sol etc?
or Αλω or Λαμπας
or Alamana is not mother of eels?
Ατ The sacred city of Makedonians
the river is called Ελλοποταμος Χελοποταμος = eel river compare ΕΛΛΑΝΑΣ ΕΛΛΑΣ

__BP09005A.jpg

YOU DO NOT KNOW PELASGIAN, NOBODY KNOWS,
BUT we can find some words, some of them might have semitic ancestry, or enter to Semitic,
Pelasgian might be connected also with Summerrian, Etruscan etc
if we consider them as a non IE language

but you know Greek Alphabet
Αλ Φα Βη τα Γα Μα ΔΕ (ΗΛΙΕ ΦΑΙΝΕ ΒΗ ΤΑΣ ΓΑΙΑΣ etc )
meaning SUN SHINE AND PAS THE LANDS etc

ALBANIAN ILLYR IF MEANS LIGHT THEN IS A LOAN WORLD FROM CELTO/LATIN ILLUM
WHICH CLEARLY PROVES THAT ALBANIAN IS NOT AN AYTOCHTHONUS LANGUAGE IN BALKANS
BUT FROM ABOVE ISTROS
AND POSSIBLY A CREOLE LANGUAGE FROM MIXING AROMANI SLAVIC GREEK AND GERMANIC
Clearly AN ARMY LANGUAGE

MAKEDONIAN SYMBOL IS A SUN NOT A STAR.

MAYBE TODAY YOU WILL find to an BE ELUVEITIE (Helveti-ILLUMINATI)
SINCE TODAY IS THE LIGHT DAY (ΠΕΝΤΗΚΟΣΤΗ) To Christians
and in about 15 Days is also the light Day of Pagans
except if you are a muslim, sorry I do not know when they celebrate the light.
I a Human afterall

LAST BUT NOT LEAST
CONSIDERING THAT HETTITS HAD GOD ILLUYANKA OR EEL DEITY
TRY NOT TO PROVE THAT HETTITS WERE ALBANIANS OR OPOSITE, NEITHER that GREEKS ARE HETTITS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuyanka

notice ILLYR ILLUR ??????? unknown? Light as ylli/star FROM LATIN ILLUM GREEK ΦΑΙΝΩ ΦΩΣ ΦΑΕΘΩΝ (notice FAUN)
and deity form APOLLO
ILLUYANKA ELLANAS HELLAS ELLIMEIANS ΕΓΧΕΛΕΙΣ = EEL

now back to truth.

Illuyanka
6768136.jpg

killed as Πυθων by Apollo
5657463569_54b0917e83_z.jpg

allright I said Last before but I can not hold
you claim Pelasgian
you claim Greek
You probably know ALBANIAN
BUT SURELY DO YOU SPEAK ILLYRIAN ?

ΕΓΧΕΛΕΙΣ ΕΝCHELOI one ancient Illyrian tribe by Historians
ΧΕΛΕΙΣ heloi compare Helopotamos Hellanas
means EEL Nation/tribe in IllYRIAN
same to Greek
it is not ngjalë

SO YOU SPEAK ILLYRIAN ?

plz do not make axioma that Albanian = Illyrian=Pelasgian =Greek
This ΑΞΙΩΜΑ is wrong,

cause if you knew Illyrian you would not dare to compare Illy-ylli knowing the ΕΓΧΕΛΕΙΣ
AND ALSO THE CHELIDONI ΕΛΙΔΟΝΟΙ FROM ΕΛΙΞ HELIX
A SNAKE OR AN EEL ROUND ITS BODY AS A Geometric HELIX
as also the snail 'home'
220px-Helix2.png

Helix Ελικα Χελι Eel Illuyanka

rotate helix by 90o and you have Illuyanka or Python
4821558655_b6d9f5a572.jpg

So ΗΛΙΟΣ is possibly connected with ΑΛΩ and not Hellas
and Hellas is connected with eel river land, as also ΗΛεια maybe?
and has nothing to do with Albanian Illy/Ylli
which is a Loan from Latin ILLUM,
or to make Devils advocate have same root from a clade of IE (lates say family D)

But Both ILLUM ΑΛΩΣ or ΛΑΜΠΑΣ etc might come from older IE language one or more level above
(Lates say C drom where exit clade family D)
As also Aal Eel Illuyanka Ελλας Helix might come from also IE LANGUAGE ?
(same Family C or above a linguistic family B which sprunk from PIE family A)
ngjalë tell me is it IE? YES
from ngjale sprunk Greek Elos Heli Hettit Illuyanka Danish Aal English Eel? NO
personally I believe that ngjalë is a plain Loan from LATIN ANGUILLA (xyz+ILL)
but maybe I am wrong, so a linguist expert in IE can tell us

plz respect your shelf and me,
so I to respect you and myshelf.

modern Greek has some loans from Albanian Arvanitika
modern Albanian has loans from Greek either antique either modern.
both languages use also some vocabulary from Latin/Roman and Aromani
which is not Albanian neither Greek
also same with Slavic,
and finally Turkish/Ottoman
but to understand the loan first you must search the rules upon which family A language split to Families B

I think I was polite enough, and easy to be understood and not misunderstood.
Thank you for giving spot to develope the simple very well known Linguistics (known to all Linguists)
have a good night

you said that Albanian language has many monosyllabic words,
to understand Greek

χωρος =space
now notice
χωριον
χωριο
χωριο
χωρια
χωρια
χωρα

all have different meaning byut all sprunk from χωρος
and not from χορος

BTW
part of your post is from here

http://andromeda252.blogspot.gr/2013/07/blog-post_15.html

I do not know how correct it is ,
they make connection of Hλ Ολ Ελ with word Holly
but what about word ΗΛΟΣ nail
9k=

or
5.jpg

notice Hλ-ωσις nails Ελ-ασις thin plates

maybe Illyr does not meant light in Illyrian, but eel?
I can not certify the above, I just make devils advocate.

last
in another blog you will find that EΛληνες comes from Τellenes a word from S America Indians!!!
so do not trust internet bloggers too much.
I myshelf many times stay astonished or embaranced by trusting them.

You explained about Albanian and to add it has more layers.

Albanin is the closest to Balto Slavic and it has link with Armenian, what is very logical.

Also with Iranian.

As Thracian, precisely North Thracian variant which spoken in Eastern Romania/Moldavia and surrounding.

As speakers of a proto-Albanian was moving from their homeland so other languages had an impact. And in surrounding of Eastern Romania/Moldavia lived Germanic tribes so Germanic had influence too but to a lesser degree.

Albanian is Satem as Balto Slavic, Armenian, Thracian and Iranian.

Greek had influence too.

Kortlandt 2016:

http://www.baltistica.lt/index.php/baltistica/article/view/2284

"The closest relatives of Balto-Slavic are Albanian and Indo-Iranian. Together with Armenian and Thracian, these are the satǝm languages, which together with Greek and Phrygian constitute the eastern part of Classic Indo-European."

@Yetos

Z.Mayani on his book ''Etruscans begin to speak'' [pt.1.III] says that the Etruscan word for the number '' 2 '' is the word ' Θυ ' and not the word ' Zal ' based on Etruscan inscriptions found with the words ' ΘU ' etc.
If we suppose that the pre-Greek ' D ' was written as ' Θ ' from Greeks and maybe from Etruscans then ' ΘU ' = ' DU ', which makes sense of his claims that ' ΘU ' = Τwo.Eng. / Δυο.Gr / Dy. Alb
transforming these Greek words with the supposed rule { D or Dh >Θ } then we have a better view

Θαλλω > Dal-ω ( Dal = show up,come out,sprout,turn up,etc.Alb )
αρχαία ελληνική θάλλω (θάλ-jω/θάλ-νω) (ανθώ, βλασταίνω) / = sprout, bloom Eng.

Θεμελιο > Dhε-μελιο ( Dhe = earth,ground,soil,land.Alb )
[ΕΤΥΜ. αρχ. < θεµο- (που απαντά σε σύνθετα ανθρωπωνύµια, καθώς και στη µτγν. «γλώσσα» θεµός) < *dhe-mo-, παράγ. τού ρ. τί-θη-µι (πβ. απρφ. τι-θέ-ναι). Βλ. κ. θέτω, τίθεµαι] / =foundation,base,substructure Eng.

Θρύλος > Dru-λος ( The noise as Babiniotis says is possibly the noise of when someone cuts trees, ''Bënë Dru'' in Alb.
[ΕΤΥΜ. < αρχ. θρύλος, αρχική σηµ. «θόρυβος, µουρµουρητό», < *dhru-,
µηδενισµ. βαθµ. τού I.E. *dhrew- «µουρµουρίζω, θορυβώ» (βλ.κ. λ. θόρυβος)]. / = legend Eng

Θυγατέρα > I can't find a word related to Albanian for this but we can again notice D>Θ among some I.E languages and Greek
[ΕΤΥΜ. < αρχ. θυγάτηρ (ήδη µυκ. tu-ka-te), αρχαιότατη λ., < I.E.
*dhug(h)atér-, πβ. σανσκρ. duhitâr-, αρµ. dustr, γοτθ. dauhtar, γερµ. Tochter,
αγγλ. daughter κ.ά.].

Θύρα > Dera ( =Door .Alb)
[ΕΤΥΜ. αρχ. < *dhur-, µηδενισµ. βαθµ. τού I.E. *dhwer- «θύρα», πβ. σανσκρ. dvärah, αρχ. σλαβ. dvor-ü «αυλή», λατ. foris «έξω», γαλλ.
dehors «έξω» (< λατ. de-foris), forêt «δάσος (< λατ. forestis silva «δά-σος έξω από τις πύλες τού βασιλικού πάρκου»), αρχ. γερµ. turi «θύ-
ρα», γερµ. Tür, αγγλ. door κ.ά

Ηρθα > Erdha ( = I'm coming .Alb )
Αρχική - Ριζική: έρχομαι < αρχ. ἔρχομαι Ετυμολογία: [<αρχ. ἔρχομαι] / = I'm coming Eng.

Θραύω > Dru (=wood .Alb)
[ΕΤΥΜ °ΦΧ·τεχνικός όρ., τού οποίου το -α- παραµένει δυσερµήνευτο. Η λ. ανάγεται πιθ.σε *θρ(α)ύ-σω < *dhrsus-, συνεσταλµ. βαθµ. τού I.E. *dhreus- «θραύω,σπάζω», πβ. λετ. drubaias «κοµµάτι ξύλου(=piece of wood)», αρχ. ιρλ. drucht «σταγόνα», αρχ.σκανδ. drjüpa «στάζω» κ.ά. Οµόρρ. θρύ-πτω (βλ.λ.), θρύµµα, τρυφ-ή, τρυφ-ερός, τρυφ-ηλός κ.ά. Το I.E. θ. έλαβε πολλές µεταφορικές σηµ., για τις οποίεςβλ. λ. θρύπτω]. / = break,snap Eng.

Θρασύς > again DH > Θ
[ΕΤΥΜ. αρχ. < *dhrs-u-, συνεσταλµ. βαθµ. τού I.E. *dher-s- «έχω θάρρος,τολµώ», πβ. σανσκρ. dhrs-nü- «τολµηρός», γοτθ. ga-dars «τολµώ» κ.ά.Οµόρρ. θάρ-ρος | -σος (< θέρ-σος, αιολ. τ.(, θρά-σος, θαρ-ρώ κ.ά. Βλ. κ.θάρρος].

I'm sure the words of which we can notice ' D, DH ' to become ' Θ ' in Greek must be endless, my point is to prove you that ' D , DH ' are older, than ' Θ ' (Pre-Greek) so the terms below cannot have a proper meaning when we study them with the ' Θ ' form but they have a proper meaning
when we write them with ' D, DH '
So

-Amalthea, ΑμαλΘια the '' mountain goat '' must have been >>> Amaldhia<<< which means exactly that.- ''MOUNTAIN GOAT'' ( a - MAL - DHIA )

-Emathia, ΗμαΘια (old name of Macedonia) must have been >>> Emadhia <<< which in Alb. means '' The big one'' - ( E MADHJIA )
while in Greek the etymologies are only theories.

-Theos, Θεος (gr. name for God) must have been Deos, Deus which is actually true and you agreed that in this name ' D ' didn't changed but
Dheu = earth in Alb. possibly meaning '' God of Earth'' while in Gr. there's no proper meaning for representing a god name so important as this was.

My agenda is called Albanian language, and i consider myself lucky that i'm a native speaker of that language,
i also speak Greek hence i can easily notice how weak and non sense are the explanations through Greek language, while through Albanian are all so clear and simple, without theories and without complicated notes. To be honest though my posts are an answer to some Albanians here and not to you. You are Greek and your answers come as an automatic self-defence, i accept the fact that you will never agree with me even if you won't find a way to prove me wrong ;)

@ Lab

your post #31 is on a good way to understand the IE languages, and aspirations,

what is your mistake,
your εμονη (stable mania) to prove that Greek sprung from Albanian.
NO why?
lets see some of the words you write,

Θυρα Dera Port(a)
Θυρα is Greek aspiration of IE that is identical with Greek.
Port(a) is probably Celtic Gaulish Porte aspiration of IE, a word used by Freanch speakers
Vrata is the Slavic form of the IE form
Dera is the Albanian word which clearly cognates with Northern European languages
like Germanic ones,

Θυγατηρ the daughter in Greek,
daughter English dustr Armenian, Dzera Czech, but Korka corka or Kci in Slavic
inion Irish
Filiae Latin
the Albanian word I found is Bije

So by the above 2 is Obvious that aspirations can help us understand the IE words,
but that does not mean by using 1 IE language we can explain and give etymologia to words of another language,

so maybe D-Θ is older D,
this has nothing to Greek Albanian connectivity,
why? cause D in European language in place of Greek Θ simply shows Northern Europe. IE languages group.
so the only you prove that some words in Albanian are from N Europe languages, and in this aspiration Subjects Albanian is foreign to Balkans,

about θεος
2 etymologies given
1, is from Διος
2 is from virb θεω I run very fast, with speed of eye (θέα = view)

so by using Albanian to explain Greek words is A WRONG METHOD, (for 2 reasons)
By USING IE LANGUAGES INCLUDING ALBANIAN TO EXPLAIN VERY OLD GREEK WORDS IS CORRECT METHOD

so No
AMΑΛΘΕΙΑ IS A GREEK WORD THAT CAN BE EXPLAINED BY GREEK (A+μαλθωσις)

and Ομηρος (Ξ 226)

<<Πιεριην δ' επιβασαν και Ημαθειαν ερατεινην
σεύατ' εφ' ιπποπολων Θρηκων ορεα νυμφοεντα>>

so since Oμηρος names them are considered Greek or Thracian names, (Makedonia was inhabited by both Greeks and Thracians (Phrygians))

now lets see the etymologies,

Πιερια Pieria

the IE Thracian etymolgy is connecting also the ΠΙΕΡΙΔΕΣ ΜΟΥΣΕΣ (Pierian daughters) and the Pieroi people who moved to Παγγαιον Καβαλλα Πιερικος κολπος.
according that Pieria is the fairy land, Pierides Mouses means Fairies, Greek Nymfes.
remember Thracian Orpheas had a brothel at Pieria

according Greek comes from πιαρ πιρα πιειρα which is also the root of the word Pirate. (prosperous)

Ημαθεια ερατεινη EMATHEIA

Εmatheia is the land above Pieria synonyme to Makedonia,
for some was the land from today North Pieria (from Pydna) till the lands of Phrygians Edessa and Thermai (Thessalonike)
the main part is the one among Aliakmon and Axios river,

the most suitable explanation is from Ησιοδος Hesiodos. theogony
King Ημαθιων Emathion υιος Τιθωνου και Ηους an early Makedonian king with Αεροπος
Stravo insists in that,

if we expand on words, most of Ematheia and Pieria are mountains and αλουβιανα (aluvian) soil and sand,
for milleniums 4 rivers brought and deposit sand in the gulf of Thermai(kos)
the GREEK word for sand is σαμος αμμος so some is synonym to Αμαθος (sands)
notice from Thessaloniki till Πηνειος river we see more than 130 km of sand beach, interupted only for few hundrends of meters at Pydna and Platamon.
consider tha holly city of Διον once was a port (at Roman times), today is more than 10 km away from seashore. area full of alluvian soil and sand.

if we expand more to IE and rare etymologies then Ematheia might mean land of gods or gods home (Ema +theia, or mat+Theia)) etc etc
but that is rather 'stretced', beyond fantasy,
in Makedonia the piece of land in a wider area, we also called it ματι,
for example when we say εχω 1 ματι στην ταδε περιοχη we mean I have a piece of land there (compare word κομματι)
but we never say I go to mati when we want to say I go to work on the fields
I hope I made my shelf understood,
your aproach is just with sound similarity,
among Greek and Albanian,
but
same can happen with Sanshqrit Iranian German etc, but is not the correct way.
we do not know if Albanian is a bronze age language at balkans, because it keeps the D probably is in Balkans much much later
considering the Thracian word for God -> Τιος=θεος=Διος=Deus is possible that Thracians also turned D->T

since you know Greek as you say AMALTHEIA ΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ means not Μαλακας (α+μαλθωσις)
and because my patience has an end, but I still want to be polite,

IF ΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ ΜΕANS MOUNTAIN AS IN ALBANIAN,
THEN IT SHOULD ALSO MEAN THAT IN OTHER IE LANGUAGE,
AND ESPECIALLY WHAT WE CALL THE SOUTH OLD ONES.
THE WORD FOR GOAT IN GREEK ΑΙΓΑ and in IE is Aiwa etc etc etc, no D or DH EXISTS
it is simple, if it ment mountain goat , then it should have the IE word for goat
If and I repeat If Αμαλθεια follows the IE aspirations and comes from Amaldeia THEN I SEE NO IE WORD FOR GOAT, NOT EVEN ALBANIAN DHIA, WHICH IF I EXCLUDE THE TYPICAL END -εια THEN I HAVE ONLY LETTER WORD D,

just stupid,
cause word is αμαλθ + εια which is the typical female ending, like θαλ+εια Κασσιοπ+εια Aντιοχ+εια

PS
all of your work you provide us is just for impression, or from sounds.
not to be taken serious,
especially the the case of Amaltheia when in IE is aiwa αιγα etc even if i turn the θ το D there is no chance to mean what you want to mean,

to understand IE languages,
the bellow is not mine neither I own the rights,

lets compare Greek and English,
Greek δασεια the sound of /h/ infront of wards,
Greek Alas English Salt
Greek Εδρα Εnglish Seat
Greek Εξι Εnglish Six

so the Greek /h/ is connected as rule with English S infront of words (Greek is strong or strongest centum language)

Other Greek Δ
Greek Πους Ποδος English Foot
Greek Εδρα English Seat
Greek πορδη English fart

So Greek Δ in English is turned to T

BUT
when I compare word for bird like πτηνο πτερυγα etc etc
then I find no connection.
SO
word Bird might been
1) not IE
2) not English (a loan) like word economy or ecology which are loans from Greek οικονομια οικολογια that is why they do not follow the rules,

but words foot fart seat salt etc are IE

etc etc
so like this we combine the rules, and from daughter languages we find the possible mother tongue

so try to work this way, instead of simmilar sounds and possible,

people have patience.

D->Θ
D->Δ

But when I turn back Θ<-D not From Dh
I CAN NOT MAKE IT MORE SIMPLE.

at least can you prove your shelf that Albanian word for small goat dhi is IE or a loan, and if it is, under which law

Last edited:
It was nice to watch the Reich video (thanks again Balkanite). http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aps-meeting

Important note for albanian-greek languages:
check minute 44:00,
Brian Joseph is introduced,
and apparently he is an expert in greek and balkan languages currently studying greek in albania (greek speakers) and albanian.
By 2019 his book will come out.

I want a copy.

It was nice to watch the Reich video (thanks again Balkanite). http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aps-meeting

Important note for albanian-greek languages:
check minute 44:00,
Brian Joseph is introduced,
and apparently he is an expert in greek and balkan languages currently studying greek in albania (greek speakers) and albanian.
By 2019 his book will come out.

I want a copy.
I hope he identifies the origin of the greek dialects in South Albania where villages of 15min drive from each other speak Greek dialects of completely different regions within Greece and have words from Katharevousa.

I hope he identifies the origin of the greek dialects in South Albania where villages of 15min drive from each other speak Greek dialects of completely different regions within Greece and have words from Katharevousa.

offcourse

and not forget Simon Simeonsis notes

offcourse

and not forget Simon Simeonsis notes

Yetos

There are new scientific papers about IE languages, since 2000 till now, based on computational methods, and what is interesting Albanian group (Proto-Albanian, Gheg, Tosk and similar) is the most unstable in tree topology.

We can see how respectable authors groupe languages in papers published in top scientific journals:

Ringe, Warnow, Taylor (2002): Albanian and German

Grey and Atkinson (2003): Albanian and Indic & Iranic

Chang, Cathcart, Hall, Garret (2015): Albanian, Greek and Armenian

In newer comprehensive study

Willems, Lord, Laforest, Labelle, Lapointe, Di Sciullo (2016) again determine: Albanian and Indic & Iranic

And in previous post we see Kortlandt (several papers): Albanian and Balto Slavic.

According Wilems et al (2016)

"The Albanian group is a close relative of the union of the Sanskrit and Persian in the IE language tree".

There are new scientific papers about IE languages, since 2000 till now, based on computational methods, and what is interesting Albanian group (Proto-Albanian, Gheg, Tosk and similar) is the most unstable in tree topology.

Yes, I agree.
The mathematical term is a singularity.
I am pretty confident that the genetic singularity (IBD) and the linguistic singularity are related.

One of the main assumptions in linguistics is the tree-like diffusion of indo-european languages (a new branch is always further from the root than the mother branch).
Because of Albnian they are starting to consider network models.

Here is my interpretation, please realize it is just my opinion.
Illyrian, Thraks, Romans, and Greeks living in proximity of todays Albanian territory, were under huge surviving pressure after 400 AD. Few refugia did survive, mainly in mountains. These small groups of people of different genetics and cultures (i.e. languages) are the actual ancestors of modern Albanian population (which is shown is the genetic singularity).
My hypothesis is: - Because of the close contact in isolated enviroments, languages and cultures of these groups merged.

a- naturally this is not something that happens, splitting into new languages and cultures is more natural.
Only extreme events can be responsible for merging.

b- gedank experiment: take Swiss people, 4 cultures and 4 languages, normally they dont like to fully merge (variety is good).
Now suppose an extinction event (the aliens invading europe).
Most Swiss will go extinct apart some that take refugium in the high alps.
Few centuries later things are calmer.
How would the genetics and the language of these survivors look like?
-well the genetics will show a huge IBD singularity.
-the language will be a great mixture of the 4 languages, will look so much older that any of the 4 originals.

Had this idea on my mind for some time, so wanted to put it down. But is just an idea

Yes, I agree.
I am pretty confident that the genetic singularity (IBD) and the linguistic singularity are related.

One of the main assumptions in linguistics is the tree-like diffusion of indo-european languages (a new branch is always further from the root than the mother branch).

Illyrian, Thraks, Romans, and Greeks living in proximity of todays Albanian territory, were under huge surviving pressure after 400 AD. Few refugia did survive, mainly in mountains. These small groups of people of different genetics and cultures (i.e. languages) are the actual ancestors of modern Albanian population (which is shown is the genetic singularity).
My hypothesis is: - Because of the close contact in isolated enviroments, languages and cultures of these groups merged.

a- naturally this is not something that happens, splitting into new languages and cultures is more natural.

b- gedank experiment: take Swiss people, 4 cultures and 4 languages, normally they dont like to fully merge (variety is good).
-the language will be a great mixture of the 4 languages, will look so much older that any of the 4 originals.

Had this idea on my mind for some time, so wanted to put it down. But is just an idea

@bergin

I am not a linguist to categorize Albanian.
neither so deep I will ever search,

trooth is that Albanian has vocabulary even from old Messapian Illyrian Thracian Homerick Greek, etc
but as Linguistic shift does seem to be either Greek Family, Neither Celto-Illyrian, it is Satem
so most probably if it is a language old and alone has to do with more North and East than present Day spoken
offcourse that is not compatible with population Genetics of Albanians,
the second choice for me is to be a new language created somewhere there where is today, or elsewhere but transfered there,
personally I believe it was partially created at S Italy since Arvanites have more Italian vocabulary and less Slavic,
and transfered to Albania by the return of General Maniakis, the revolt of Arbana.

I repeat, I am not a Linguist, and maybe I am wrong.
So the above not to be taken serious,

the main problem is that from 1770 started a war with propaganda still alive,
on who is what, etc etc,
that war ended for Greeks around 1940's
but return from Albanians stronger at 1970's till today,
that has effect of many people believe lies and stupidity like the linguistic crap of some known writers etc
the worst era among Greek and Albanians was at Greek revolt 1821 and 1940
the best era was the times of ismael kenan Vlore.

today is like making ballance in a rope.
stupid propaganda if becomes believable is like Goebels lie and creates fanatics.
we must input more and more correct History and many more hours to our schools
and expell the idiots.

anyway I hope future linguists help us more,

Last edited:
Yes, I agree.

I'm not sure that in the real world such things are possible.

In addition, of course, it is always possible to ask the question of the used methodology and model, as well as data.

For example with different models, even with the same data, results can be very different.

And among linguists many secrets have not been resolved, and there is more theory of the origin of IE languages.

But let's say that Kurgan hypothesis is appropriate, if we take areas of steppes, Black sea, Caucasus and Caspian sea (Yamna) where IE languages once were according to the hypothesis, we can ask ourselves where proto languages were close located and what was the interaction between of proto languages in that area.

If Albanian show similarities with Indic and Iranian we can suppose that proto Albanian and proto Indic-Iranian were somewhere close. But it is only assumption.

First someone should analyze all current models ant to prove why the used computational model is correct and reliable and to use appropriate set of data. Results can be unexpected, but "darkness of the past" will be more lighter (we will have more knowledge).

@Yetos

-Amalthea, ΑμαλΘια the '' mountain goat '' must have been >>> Amaldhia<<< which means exactly that.- ''MOUNTAIN GOAT'' ( a - MAL - DHIA )

-Emathia, ΗμαΘια (old name of Macedonia) must have been >>> Emadhia <<< which in Alb. means '' The big one'' - ( E MADHJIA )
while in Greek the etymologies are only theories.

-Theos, Θεος (gr. name for God) must have been Deos, Deus which is actually true and you agreed that in this name ' D ' didn't changed but
Dheu = earth in Alb. possibly meaning '' God of Earth'' while in Gr. there's no proper meaning for representing a god name so important as this was.

now lets see see clear the 3 words

First 1 is toponym, so the handle is different.

Second 2 is a name

BUT
ΑΜΑΛΘΕΙΑ ΗΜΑΘΕΙΑ EMADHIA AMALDHIA
here we might a rule, but what kind of rule,
prove many IE common words (not names and toponyms or stretched or cherry picked) among Greek and Albanian share this θ<->dh
then combine it with with IE D->Θ to Greek and D->dh for Albanian
then you have a possibly accepted law among Greek and Albanian.
and by that law you explain Greek words using ALBANIAN and oposite

now for dheu I see something strange,
the word is also connecting with Balto-Slavic Dawa Dava and Hettit Watta (posibly Gettoussa is conected with -watta)
Notice Greek Istros Germanic Donau Slavic Dunav Dunava
in Greek both Γα and ΔΑ means earth but E-ΔΑ-ΦΟΣ is soil, Γαια ΓΗ is planet Earth, εκταση γης means area of land, and γη means land among geographical limits, But Γαιες = plural = Eδαφος = soil (soil mechanic=εδαφομηχανικη)
so from above I see ΔΑ το be also connected with Baltoslavic DAVA And Albanian dheu (although I keep precautions about the exact meaning. Lexicon gives translation not correct meaning)
so about this word makes wonder, a lot,

so to conclude
word Deti in Greek becomes Θετις if and only if Deti is IE.
but same way should be Aμαλθ-(εια) from Amald-(ia) and not Amaldh-(ia)

well I always like to be Devil's advocate,
so maybe some words are exceptions FROM RULES or LOANS

an example
Koine Greek word for five is πεντε pente,
but the fifth is πεμπτος how come this happens? nt ->mpt or input of p? !!!!
well heres come an ancient Greek dialect called Aeolian, the word five in them is πεμπε pempe

in a previous post I wrote about a rule of IE languages that Greek π is connected with English and generally Germanic f
so lets see,
Aeolian pempe or the rest Greek pente in a germanic form if follows IE languages laws should be something like femfe fenfe, compare Scan and Iceland Fem Fimm, Deutsch Funf,
but in Slavic is pet pat Kurdish penc
that pempe and pente difference is on how evolute the prior (older) IE form to the newer clan forms,

I hope I made my shelf understood.

Loan words, same sound with another IE language,

Lets see now the loan words,
an example from modern,
the word is computer, comput etc.
even in Arabia SE ASIA and .. Antarctica the word remains same, or change a little, like kompiotri etc etc
the Greek word is Υπολογιστης,
so to all languages the sound of word computer is a loan,

so lets see how a loan work,
I will use as example a known cosmopolitan city of Albania, your country,
the greek founders name it Epidamnos, later Romans change it to Dyrrachium, modern Albanian uses the Durress,
that word is clearly a loan, a fireign but imported to Albanian language,
to satisfy balance, the city of Edessa in Greek Makedonia,
it is not a Greek word, it is Brygian/Phrygian word Edu =water pluss the IE -essa meaning like fortress/fortified dwelling,
so yes Edessa is a loan to Greek from Brygian,

so word Amaltheia,
if it is a loan from Albanian Amaldhia then sould be Αμαλδεια, not Αμαλθεια
so Amaltheia is not an Albanian word, since it is not a loan.
but if it is an IE word??,
you must prove that both words, amal +dhi of Albanian are of IE origin, and then find the law upon which amal+dhi must pass to Greek, and have same meaning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 49067 times.

Back