Therapy cat for autistic child

Very cute story. Not to be too morbid, but I always wonder how people dependent on animals will react once they pass. This girl will have a long life ahead of her beyond Tulip, will her progress keep without the cat? Are they trying to get her to a place where she is self sufficient without an animal or is that too much to ask for?

Very cute story. Not to be too morbid, but I always wonder how people dependent on animals will react once they pass. This girl will have a long life ahead of her beyond Tulip, will her progress keep without the cat? Are they trying to get her to a place where she is self sufficient without an animal or is that too much to ask for?
Each individual autistic child is different, but usually the ones with severe autism never become totally self sufficient from what I've seen. These parents live on hope, however. Still, the fact that they can now at least bathe her, that she can sleep, and that she is speaking is a big improvement.

I'm sure the plan is to eventually get another cat. If I were them I'd breed this one to another Maine Coon before too long. Heck, I'd buy one of the kittens they didn't want. Blood lines matter in cats and dogs if you want a certain personality.*

I once worked with a man who was legally blind who had a seeing eye dog. When she died and had to be replaced he went through a real depression, and it took a while for the two new partners to get used to each other.

On that front, my huge male cat tried to follow me the last few times I went for a walk, so I decided to try to put a leash on him. He had absolutely no problem with it. I went for a half hour walk with him. People were taking pictures! :) I was surprised myself. The female was having none of it.

I must be autistic too cuz I love my dog, that thing showes more friendship and care than pretty much any other human in my life.

You don't have to be autistic to really love your animals. There's an American saying: "If you want a best friend, get a dog."

Cats aren't bad either, although they're by no means like dogs.

Cats love their humans...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzamdvR9c5I

As someone diagnosed with severe Autism; with Hyperlexia and Anxiety. Even though I've never really meet them, I've heard that almost all of my Paternal cousins had autism also. I personally always thought of Ghosts and the cemetery as not scary but a form of comfort for your pets will always be with you. Once considered being goth at one time I kid you not. But yes like Angela mentioned, everyone has their own way of dealing with the afterlife.

This thread has been viewed 3131 times.

Back