Domestic animals, where did they originate?

DuPidh

Banned
Reaction score
Human history is fascinating, but without domesticated animals we might not have been where we are, if we could have been at all. The question that lingers in my mind is how did domestic animals survived carnivorous? Lions and tigers have roamed Europe and other continents. In that abundance of easy pray animals, lions might have been the size of a bull, so could have been the tigers, wolfs etc.
So let say how the sheep survived? A lion could eat a sheep every day. Or the horses? hey are easy pray for lions. I mean how did they survive before humans domesticated and protected them?

They were not indeed domesticated animals before humans domesticated them, so they must have had their own surviving skills, just like the preys of today's lions, etc. I imagine they were also different in size and shape contrasting to today's domesticated figure.

To answer the question, they originated with humans.
Regards

They were not indeed domesticated animals before humans domesticated them, so they must have had their own surviving skills, just like the preys of today's lions, etc. I imagine they were also different in size and shape contrasting to today's domesticated figure.

To answer the question, they originated with humans.
Regards
Many animals like European elephant (mammoth) went extinct since the surviving skills they had were not enough for survival. Other animals also could have gone instinct but e don't know. But let say how sheep can survive a pack of lions or tigers? Also humans as hunters killed many of them. And they still exist. I still don't get it

Many animals like European elephant (mammoth) went extinct since the surviving skills they had were not enough for survival. Other animals also could have gone instinct but e don't know. But let say how sheep can survive a pack of lions or tigers? Also humans as hunters killed many of them. And they still exist. I still don't get it

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could the missing link in your thought lie in the food-chain? Quickly reading through wikipedia, mammoths may have disappeared due to environmental factors or to said food-chain factors. I guess the (pre-)domesticated animals were also favoured by our protection and kept on living ;)

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could the missing link in your thought lie in the food-chain? Quickly reading through wikipedia, mammoths may have disappeared due to environmental factors or to said food-chain factors. I guess the (pre-)domesticated animals were also favoured by our protection and kept on living ;)
Yes, food, they were too tasty for people.

Dogs and wolves were domesticated even before civilization began.

female sheep and goat became domesticated when they became dependant on human hunters who protected the herds from predators and used them as decoy for wild male sheep and goat

This thread has been viewed 5434 times.

Back