My heritage Free upload

[FONT=&quot]English[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Britain - specifically the eastern region of the British Isles - has been populated continuously for at least the past 15,000 years, with recent ethnic stock (from before the 11th century) including pre-Celts, Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Norse, and Normans. More recently - that is, since the Middle Ages - other ethnicities migrated to Britain, whether by invitation (European Jews in 1070, by William the Conqueror, though they were expelled about 200 years later), by virtue of the African slave trade (dating back to the 1730s CE), or trade (including the oldest Chinese community in Europe, dating back to the 19th century). After World War II, that diverse immigration increased by leaps and bounds, so that the melting pot of English ethnicity has seen increased diversity from the Caribbean, South Asia, and Africa. That said, the dominant “original” British ethnic group is dominated by the English, of course, and includes the Celtic heirs, as some of Welsh, Scottish, and Irish descent respectively have settled in modern-day England.

Irish, Scottish, and Welsh
The western region of the British Isles is populated by peoples descended from the six Celtic nations, three of which had settled in what became Ireland, Scotland, and Wales (the other three were in Brittany, Cornwall, and the Isle of Man). Each of these three nations has spoken some variant of its original Celtic dialect continuously. The Irish, the first people to settle in Ireland about 9,000 years ago, share heritage, culture, and language (Gaelic). They were organized by clan, or kin groups. The Scottish are similarly famous for the clans, but from the time of the Middle Ages have been a composite nation of Picts, Gaels, and Britons. So that the northern population speaks a version of Gaelic, while those in the south speak what came to be called Scots. Their neighbors the Welsh are called such dating back to the Germanic labeling of them as “walhaz,” meaning “foreigner” or “stranger” - the language of Wales is similarly called Welsh. The area was overrun by Anglo-Norman conquerors in the Middle Ages, and English colonization in the 16th-17th centuries changed the ethnic composition of the British Isles altogether, introducing ethnic English. Despite the unification of these countries as part of the United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) in the present day, the people in each locale take great pride in their independent ethnicities, and accompanying cultures - from the family divisions as clans to the respective alcoholic beverages (Wales has a more English cuisine). The ingathering of several ethnicities in such a small space has facilitated interesting genealogical discoveries as well as mysterious connections to unravel - and for all the different heritages, nearly everyone there now speaks English.

North and West European
The population of Northern and Western Europe mainly includes German, French, and Dutch people. This region has been influenced by significant historical events including the formation of the Catholic Church, the Renaissance, the Protestant Reformation, and the Industrial Revolution. Imperial conquests and the age of colonization have spread Northern and Western European peoples across the globe, with significant populations across the Americas and in parts of Africa and Oceania. The area is the birthplace of Western culture, including innovations in art, literature, philosophy, and scientific methodology that have become standard around the world. In particular, Western Europeans take food very seriously. European culinary practices and dining etiquette are highly developed, with artisanal wine and cheese-making, pastry baking, and cooking having been elevated to an art.

[/FONT]

I dd read that, but again, it is very vague. I know about an eighth of my ancestry (at least) is from people with English surnames who immigrated from real places in England. So it's looking for Briton DNA and that's what is 0 in me? It would be nice if it said so.

I dd read that, but again, it is very vague. I know about an eighth of my ancestry (at least) is from people with English surnames who immigrated from real places in England. So it's looking for Briton DNA and that's what is 0 in me? It would be nice if it said so.

On Ancestry my friend got 66% English and 24% Irish. On Myheritage he got 46% Irish/Scottish/Welsh and 0% English lol. These companies are ok at differentiating between north, south, east, and west Europe, but within each of those categories it's basically a guessing game.

my results
very close to my dna tribes
thanks to 2 kind people who uploaded my ftdna raw data to this site
View attachment 8804

Mine – FTDNA data
Europe: 100.0%
*South Europe: 55.0%
- Italian: 49.9%
- Greek: 5.1%
*North and West Europe: 30.9%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 30.9%
*East Europe: 14.1%
- Balkan: 14.1%

Mine – 23andMe data

*South Europe: 57.4%
- Italian: 56.3%
- Iberian: 1.1%
*North and West Europe: 27.3%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 27.3%
*East Europe: 15.3%
- Balkan: 15.3%

Father – 23andMe data

*South Europe: 59.3%
- Italian: 57.2%
- Iberian: 2.1%
*East Europe: 22.2%
- Balkan: 22.2%
*North and West Europe: 18.5%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 18.5%

Mother – 23andMe data

*East Europe: 45.3%
- Balkan: 45.3%
*South Europe: 42.5%
- Italian: 41.1%
- Iberian: 1.4%
*North and West Europe: 12.2%
- North and West European: 10.4%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 1.8%

almost no greek
there is a huge diffrence between north italians and southern italians
who along with albanian and greeks score huge greek %
i saw some other north italian results and they score high italian like you
maybe the refrences is bergamo and tuscany :)

Can I get some Southern Italian or Jewish samples? I see results with high Greeks or Italian, but no Asian or Middle East to go with it.

Mine – FTDNA data
*South Europe: 55.0%
- Italian: 49.9%
- Greek: 5.1%
*North and West Europe: 30.9%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 30.9%
*East Europe: 14.1%
- Balkan: 14.1%

Mine – 23andMe data

*South Europe: 57.4%
- Italian: 56.3%
- Iberian: 1.1%
*North and West Europe: 27.3%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 27.3%
*East Europe: 15.3%
- Balkan: 15.3%

Father – 23andMe data

*South Europe: 59.3%
- Italian: 57.2%
- Iberian: 2.1%
*East Europe: 22.2%
- Balkan: 22.2%
*North and West Europe: 18.5%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 18.5%

Mother – 23andMe data

*East Europe: 45.3%
- Balkan: 45.3%
*South Europe: 42.5%
- Italian: 41.1%
- Iberian: 1.4%
*North and West Europe: 12.2%
- North and West European: 10.4%
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh: 1.8%

I saw your maps with the heat zones from K36 which showed the northern Italian centers. Is there a reason MyHeritage gives you the Irish/Welsh/Scottish.

I saw your maps with the heat zones from K36 which showed the northern Italian centers. Is there a reason MyHeritage gives you the Irish/Welsh/Scottish.
Nop. My mother is full Venetian in ancestry, while my father is virtually full Venetian (in fact, 75% Veneto and 25% E. Lombardy).

king john, can you repost? curious to see your results but the attachment doesn't show up!

Nop. My mother is full Venetian in ancestry, while my father is virtually full Venetian (in fact, 75% Veneto and 25% E. Lombardy).

we are from the same areas in Italy, but Veneto and Trentino for me

mine

Europe 100.0%
South Europe 64.1%
Italian 64.1%
East Europe 20.4%
Balkan 20.4%
North and West Europe 15.5%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 15.5%

and the difference to my father below
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 63.0%
Italian 63.0%
North and West Europe 20.7%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 20.7%
East Europe 11.7%
Balkan 7.4%
East European 4.3%

Ashkenazi Jewish 4.6%
Ashkenazi Jewish 4.6%

compared to my son ( one of )
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 76.6%
Italian 64.7%
Iberian 11.9%
East Europe 23.4%
East European 16.4%
Balkan 7.0%

who has or should have links with his mother below
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 74.1%
Italian 57.7%
Iberian 16.4%
...............her line has some Galician maternal links
East Europe 18.5%
Balkan 18.5%
North and West Europe 7.4%
North and West European 7.4%

the jewish part of my father has ( and I have as well but not my son ) only appears in his X chromsome ..........his grandmother , surname Amadio ( amadeus in austrian ) is also used as a christian name . She is the only person I cannot find much details on , although she was still alive after my grandfather was born mid-1895 but disappeared after this.

his grandmother , surname Amadio ( amadeus in austrian ) is also used as a christian name . She is the only person I cannot find much details on , although she was still alive after my grandfather was born mid-1895 but disappeared after this.

Amadeus is a Latin name, ''amare" ("to love") and "Deus" ("God") = Italian Amedeo, Greek Theophilos, German Gottlieb.

Amadio seems a Venetian surname (also spread in Marche and Lazio).

http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognomi-italiani/AMADIO

@kingjohn, very cool results! do you find its inline with your ftdna (or other) results? it's cool that this has the 3 categories for ashkenazi, sephardic and mizrahi! i look forward to seeing them refine it with their next update

Amadeus is a Latin name, ''amare" ("to love") and "Deus" ("God") = Italian Amedeo, Greek Theophilos, German Gottlieb.

Amadio seems a Venetian surname (also spread in Marche and Lazio).

http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognomi-italiani/AMADIO

thanks .............her father was Antonio Amadio b.1817 Postioma Veneto and mother was Angela Mestriner born in Villorba Veneto

father of Antonio was Pierro b.1770 with a "detto Sgualdo" as part of his surname ...............so, I think , Amadio was replacing Sgualdo during this period
Is Sgualdo a jewish name?

@kingjohn, very cool results! do you find its inline with your ftdna (or other) results? it's cool that this has the 3 categories for ashkenazi, sephardic and mizrahi! i look forward to seeing them refine it with their next update
thanks ,
inline with dna tribes snp report
not inline with geno2 next generation and i wrote a letter to them about it
not inline with ftdna my origins 2.0

thanks .............her father was Antonio Amadio b.1817 Postioma Veneto and mother was Angela Mestriner born in Villorba Veneto

father of Antonio was Pierro b.1770 with a "detto Sgualdo" as part of his surname ...............so, I think , Amadio was replacing Sgualdo during this period
Is Sgualdo a jewish name?

"detto Sgualdo"

"detto" in Italian means "known as, called", your ancestor was known as "Sgualdo", Sgualdo in Venetian is the diminutive of Osvaldo, an Italian name of Germanic origin (from Anglo-Saxon Osweald, Old High German Answald, Old Norse Ásvaldr). I think Sgualdo is replacing his name, not his surname, but I'm not sure on this. Anyway both Osvaldo and Amadio contain the word "god". Osvaldo is definitely not a Jewisn name. Amadio is a surname carried by Italians who have no Jewish origin but also by Italian Jewish families. Even though the latter are rarer.

Dizionario del dialetto veneziano di Giuseppe Boerio

https://books.google.it/books?id=pwJDawpAc2kC&pg=PA585

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_(given_name)

This thread has been viewed 57223 times.

Back