Putting an end to Greek/Albanian feuds

Balkanite

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2b2-L283
i trust that people in here have the attention-skills and patience to watch a 1 hour video without problems. And if you don't have those skills, don't comment then :)

I will explain quickly:
The video is a lecture in history, lectured by Maria Eftimiu.
Maria Eftimiu is a greek professor at The University of Athens. She is not a nobody, and she has actually won awards for being the best professor in Athens.
She is very realistic, and she forgets no one. I will write some of the points of the videos.

- She describes which greek cities and areas are actually albanian, and that most of the generals during the Greek war of Independence were actually albanian too, and they almost didn't know how to speak greek at the time.

- She also points out how Kosovo and Macedonia is going to reunite with Albania soon.

- She also mentions how there is a legal issue ongoing about the atrocitites commited against albanians in Greece 70 years ago.

- She also mentions how 40-60% percent of Greece were in fact Albanians 200 years ago, but most have been assimilated by now.

- She lists all greek surnames which have an albanian origin(so greeks, check if your surnames are listed ;) my surname was listed )

- She points out how greece was almost empty due to wars and plague, so byzantines and venetians invited albanians to protect the greek citites.

All in all, most of the thing you hear these albanians say here on the forum, will be said, just with authority!
So everyone denying the possibility of albanian origin, if you do not believe you own "best professor" of your great ATHENS, then who do you believe my friends? :)

I bet some of you won't even have the nerve to watch the lecture until the end, you are afraid your reality will crumble like a dry cracker.

But anyway, thought this would be an important video to show you, as is touches most of the things that are making greeks and labnians fight each other over and over again. Maybe the fighting can stop now.
So here you have it, one of the greeks that have the most authority in all of Greece telling you what is going on with greece and what has been going on :)
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVI6zw4jW3Y

She isn't the best professor but the opposite of the nationalist ones and some short of ethno-nihilist or something. The texts she cites are real, the translation is not exactly wrong but quite free while he (Alban G. Thika?) omits and rephrases some stuff.

I wouldn't have any problems if I had Albanian or Vlach ancestors. I can send you the surnames of my ancestors to see how many of those are Albanian or Arvanitic or Vlach, if you want.

She isn't the best professor but the opposite of the nationalist ones and some short of ethno-nihilist or something. The texts she cites are real, the translation is not exactly wrong but quite free while he (Alban G. Thika?) omits and rephrases some stuff.

I wouldn't have any problems if I had Albanian or Vlach ancestors. I can send you the surnames of my ancestors to see how many of those are Albanian or Arvanitic or Vlach, if you want.
Yes i noticed how Dr. Thika makes some of Maria's statements more compact, but i think that is just to spare us of repetitions and constant subtitles on the screen :)

And yea that could be fun. You can write all the surnames you can remember, then we can see if some of them are of Arvanite origin. But of course it also depends on where you are from in Greece. There are some areas that had no arvanites at all. But 200 years of mixing between assimilated arvanites and Romi's leaves almost no space for purely Romi(late middle age greeks) individuals :)

That is not an end,

it is a start,

the end will be with Corfu agreement

besides Eythymiou was always that kind,

THAT IS A BIG PROVE THAT IN GREECE THERE IS NO RACISM,
NEITHER SAUVINISM,

I WONDER IN ALBANIA IS THERE ANY PHD ON UNIVERSITIES BY THE GREEK MINORITY?

at least Eythymiou can speak free, in Greece, whatever she says.
does this happens in Albania?
or he enters the houses terrorizing minorities

taxir_veliou.jpg

That is not an end,

it is a start,

the end will be with Corfu agreement

besides Eythymiou was always that kind,
Typical uneducated warmongering :)
Watch the video, my beautiful thick skulled brother..

I appreciate your effort. But as we can see, good intentions are frequently overlooked by those who seem to have some sort of agenda in the back of their heads.
Typical uneducated warmongering :)
Watch the video, my beautiful thick skulled brother..

I appreciate your effort. But as we can see, good intentions are frequently overlooked by those who seem to have some sort of agenda in the back of their heads.
Yes, it is so obvious how some users start warmongering as soon as their beliefs are compromised.
I actually though that a lecture by an acknowledged academic would make them see things more clearly. But it is like, if a theory does not meet their political agendas, they suddenly turn blind and deaf all at once.

And this video actually is the most realistic one in my opinion. Because she neither agrees with albanian nationalists, nor with greek nationalists. She just states cold numbers and fact, and recites actual historical memoirs.

But for the greek nationalists, it is easier to demonize Maria Eftimiu than to admit that they are wrong.

Luckily for all of us, neither the greek nationalists, nor the albanian ones, have any authority to write history anymore. So i believe that eventually people like Maria will emerge as the dominant ones, both in the greek academic stage, and the albanian academic stage :)

Eventually when everyone believes the facts, some apologies are going to be made, and Albanians and Greeks can once again be good neighbours.
I just hope this will happen in my lifetime, and not some 100 years in the future.

Yes i noticed how Dr. Thika makes some of Maria's statements more compact, but i think that is just to spare us of repetitions and constant subtitles on the screen :)

And yea that could be fun. You can write all the surnames you can remember, then we can see if some of them are of Arvanite origin. But of course it also depends on where you are from in Greece. There are some areas that had no arvanites at all. But 200 years of mixing between assimilated arvanites and Romi's leaves almost no space for purely Romi(late middle age greeks) individuals :)

50% is from Epirus and 0 are Albanian. I will send you p.m.

Yes, it is so obvious how some users start warmongering as soon as their beliefs are compromised.
I actually though that a lecture by an acknowledged academic would make them see things more clearly. But it is like, if a theory does not meet their political agendas, they suddenly turn blind and deaf all at once.

And this video actually is the most realistic one in my opinion. Because she neither agrees with albanian nationalists, nor with greek nationalists. She just states cold numbers and fact, and recites actual historical memoirs.

But for the greek nationalists, it is easier to demonize Maria Eftimiu than to admit that they are wrong.

Luckily for all of us, neither the greek nationalists, nor the albanian ones, have any authority to write history anymore. So i believe that eventually people like Maria will emerge as the dominant ones, both in the greek academic stage, and the albanian academic stage :)

Eventually when everyone believes the facts, some apologies are going to be made, and Albanians and Greeks can once again be good neighbours.
I just hope this will happen in my lifetime, and not some 100 years in the future.

it is very wise on you to blaim me, as ultran nationalist,

BUT WHAT WITH CORFU AGREEMENT AND N EPIRUS?

SO THIS YOU POST IS JUST A START.

I do not see Eythymioy speaking also about N Epirus, WHY?
NEITHER ABOUT THE GREEKS IN FYROM?
so her speach is either cut,
either 'programed'
like Ρεπουση Φιλλης etc etc, Leftish Internationalists who want to nihilate memories and past for shake of International Left and Globalization,
sorry but in Greece we also have opinions as democracy,
maybe in your country you do not have such, cause Spachiu does not allow such way of thinking.

it is very wise on you to blaim me, as ultran nationalist,

BUT WHAT WITH CORFU AGREEMENT AND N EPIRUS?

SO THIS YOU POST IS JUST A START.

Seriously, do you write your post's while blindfolded?
I have to decode every post you make. I don't get paid to interpret your posts.
Are you intentionally trying to make your statements as ambiguous as possible, in the hope that people won't have the patience to decode your meaningless post, and in the end just give you the last word?

AT LEAST WRITE SO PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY, THAT IS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO WHEN EDUCATED PEOPLE ACTUALLY SPEND THEIR TIME TRYING TO TEACH YOU SOMETHING!

Last edited:
like Ρεπουση Φιλλης etc etc, Leftish Internationalists who want to nihilate memories and past for shake of International Left and Globalization,
sorry but in Greece we also have opinions as democracy,
maybe in your country you do not have such

I am from Ireland my friend, i think we have e better system here than in Greece. But lets not measure private parts now :)

I am from Ireland my friend, i think we have e better system here than in Greece. But lets not measure private parts now :)

if you are from Ireland then what you do with Greek-Albanian cases?

come on,
behind finger no one can hide.

... But for the greek nationalists... Luckily for all of us

I have been following you from the beginning of this (one more, God...) totally meaningless flame war. It's very funny, though, to call people "nationalists" and to put yourself out of this bag.

You obviously belong there.

How come that somebody who OPENLY CLAIMS foreign territory, as you did in one of those first posts of yours about the European borders, is not an ultra nationalist?

You continue to spam us again and again with this Efthimiou lady (don't know her). Nihilist scientists are kinda common in Greece, I would say proportionally the same as the nationalistic ones. In any case, what a single person says, it's not the Bible. Not happy to explain this to an adult.

Funny how you try to play mother Teresa though and state that you hope for peace and smooth neighboring relations between Albanians and Greeks, when in first place you threw a million accusations on your beloved neighbors and want to keep for yourself some 1/5 of your beloved neighbors' land. (you did the same with FYROM, from whom you want nothing less than the WHOLE of their land, LOL, and of course from - no brainer - Serbia regarding Kosovo). What an openminded lad with the best of intentions! Amazed!

To end it, some ultranationalist Greek would claim Albanian territory too (you know the Greeks in Northern Epirus at least till now speak their language and identify as Greeks) and have almost the same, if not more, "rights" to do that.

The Arvanites in Greece are fully assimilated since LONG time ago, they have 100% Greek consciousnesses and of course identify so. Back on the day, they used to number some respectable amount of the Greek pop, nobody denies it. That was, though, some centuries ago, things changed, mixture happened, they got normally integrated. There is no "minority" issue, try to wake up.

PS: The fact that you became insulting and almost bullied a a person/member who's level in English happened to be lower than yours (Yetos), speaks for itself.

I have been following you from the beginning of this (one more, God...) totally meaningless flame war. It's very funny, though, to call people "nationalists" and to put yourself out of this bag.

You obviously belong there.

How come that somebody who OPENLY CLAIMS foreign territory, as you did in one of those first posts of yours about the European borders, is not an ultra nationalist?

You continue to spam us again and again with this Efthimiou lady (don't know her). Nihilist scientists are kinda common in Greece, I would say proportionally the same as the nationalistic ones. In any case, what a single person says, it's not the Bible. Not happy to explain this to an adult.

Funny how you try to play mother Teresa though and state that you hope for peace and smooth neighboring relations between Albanians and Greeks, when in first place you threw a million accusations on your beloved neighbors and want to keep for yourself some 1/5 of your beloved neighbors' land. (you did the same with FYROM, from whom you want nothing less than the WHOLE of their land, LOL, and of course from - no brainer - Serbia regarding Kosovo). What an openminded lad with the best of intentions! Amazed!

To end it, some ultranationalist Greek would claim Albanian territory too (you know the Greeks in Northern Epirus at least till now speak their language and identify as Greeks) and have almost the same, if not more, "rights" to do that.

The Arvanites in Greece are fully assimilated since LONG time ago, they have 100% Greek consciousnesses and of course identify so. Back on the day, they used to number some respectable amount of the Greek pop, nobody denies it. That was, though, some centuries ago, things changed, mixture happened, they got normally integrated. There is no "minority" issue, try to wake up.

PS: The fact that you became insulting and almost bullied a a person/member who's level in English happened to be lower than yours (Yetos), speaks for itself.
When did i bully anyone with their English? I commented on their poor way of expressing themselves, because they came with no good argumentation and because half of their messages were nonsense!

And i did not at one single point say that anyone should take land from anyone. I was just citing to you what your own greek academics are saying on this matter. As i said earlier, i don't care which territories should belong to whom. I live in Ireland.
I was only pointing out the fact that the court in Hague will do something about the Cham Issue of northern greece in the near future, and other points in the video. And that Maria Eftimiou, an awarded greek academic, is saying the same thing.
I don't know what albanians say about the matter. All i am saying is what the official Greece is saying itself. So talk to your ministry of education if you don't like what they teach the students.
And if you don't like the reality, then close your eyes, my friend :)

- She also points out how Kosovo and Macedonia is going to reunite with Albania soon.

- She also mentions how there is a legal issue ongoing about the atrocitites commited against albanians in Greece 70 years ago.

- She also mentions how 40-60% percent of Greece were in fact Albanians 200 years ago, but most have been assimilated by now.

- She lists all greek surnames which have an albanian origin(so greeks, check if your surnames are listed ;) my surname was listed )

- She points out how greece was almost empty due to wars and plague, so byzantines and venetians invited albanians to protect the greek citites.
I will say that she is crazy and even more dangerous than any nationalists.
Macedonia and Kosovo will "unite" with Albania? For this to happen we will witness a bloodshed of enormous proportion and probably a third Balkan war.
More over Albanians in Macedonia at least vast majority of them don't want this, nor do they want war,we saw that when Kumanovo conflict happened.

No one wants war,but if that is inevitable;

If you ask me in the first place we can make a swap of teritories if that's what you wish,by that you will gain more land?Probably you will,but let put an end then to your wishes,let them secede and let parts of Albania that are inhabited with either ethnic Serbs/Montenegrins be parts of their neighbors and then places like Mala Prespa,Golo Brdo,Pustec etc be part of Macedonia,but also the south where Greeks live part of Greece ? then we can peacefuly exchange this lands and build walls around us.
So we can finish with demands.
Or do you think that US or some other will go in war for "greater Albania".

Last edited:
I will say that she is crazy and even more dangerous than any nationalists.
Macedonia and Kosovo will "unite" with Albania? For this to happen we will witness a bloodshed of enormous proportion and probably a third Balkan war.
More over Albanians in Macedonia at least vast majority of them don't want this, nor do they want war,we saw that when Kumanovo conflict happened.

If you ask me in the first place i want a swap of teritory if that's what you wish? Let them secede and let part of Albania that are inhabited with either ethnic Serbs/Montenegrins be parts of their neighbors and places like Mala Prespa,Golo Brdo,Pustec etc be part of Macedonia,but also the south in Greece ? then we can peacefuly exchange this lands and build walls around us.
So we can finish with demands.
Or do you think that US or some other will go in war for "greater Albania" well in my opinion they took Kosovo and hold they need,they care less for anything else,even Albanians their biggest supporters in the region mean nothing,they knew why you "support" them.
That is an opinion of course. Now whos opinion is getting most support in the western world of academics? Maria Eftimiou or yours? :LOL:
Move to Iran or North Korea if you don't like how westerners think.

That is an opinion of course. Now whos opinion is getting most support in the western world of academics? Maria Eftimiou or yours? :LOL:
Move to Iran or North Korea if you don't like how westerners think.
What "westerners" think?
What that lady has to do with them.
Who want war right now? only some people without brain certainly not westerners.

I don't need to move anywhere i am where i am,and i like it here,enjoy in Ireland or whenever you will feel happy.
You might suit better in Iran or north Korea however.

What "westerners" think?
What that lady has to do with them.
Who want war right now? only some people without brain certainly not westerners.

I don't need to move anywhere i am where i am,and i like it here,enjoy in Ireland or whenever you will feel happy.
You might suit better in Iran or north Korea however.
Hehe, you liked my north korea thing didn't you. Thats why you took exactly what i said, and repeated it :LOL:
And yes it is easy to say that Maria Eftimiou doesn't have a brain. But shouldn't you get some kind of diploma to be able to be taken seriously on these matters?
Or else youre just another conspiracy theorist.

When did i bully anyone with their English? I commented on their poor way of expressing themselves, because they came with no good argumentation and because half of their messages were nonsense!

Seriously, do you write your post's while blindfolded?
I have to decode every post you make. I don't get paid to interpret your posts.
Are you intentionally trying to make your statements as ambiguous as possible, in the hope that people won't have the patience to decode your meaningless post, and in the end just give you the last word?​
AT LEAST WRITE SO PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY, THAT IS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO WHEN EDUCATED PEOPLE ACTUALLY SPEND THEIR TIME TRYING TO TEACH YOU SOMETHING!​

If not bullying, then for sure close. If not a humiliation attempt, then for sure close. ]

Hmmm, let me think. Actually yes, bullying it is.

And i did not at one single point say that anyone should take land from anyone. I was just citing to you what your own greek academics are saying on this matter. As i said earlier, i don't care which territories should belong to whom. I live in Ireland.

...albanians in greece, albanians in fyrom, albanians in preshevo valley, albanians in montenegro.
Eventually al these areas will come home to where they belong :)

...So within a year or two we will see northern greece become albanian again

*coughs*

I was only pointing out the fact that the court in Hague will do something about the Cham Issue of northern greece in the near future, and other points in the video. And that Maria Eftimiou, an awarded greek academic, is saying the same thing.

No, you said much more than that.​

I don't know what albanians say about the matter. All i am saying is what the official Greece is saying itself. So talk to your ministry of education if you don't like what they teach the students.
And if you don't like the reality, then close your eyes, my friend :)

It's not "official Greece", it's just one academic. Try to figure that out.
The students in a secular environment can be taught literally EVERYTHING. That's the key actually for success: to learn how to interpret, to filter and to end to your conclusions.

Reality is a big heavy world. Objective truths is another one. I know how to handle it and am seeking for it. Do the same.

Some things
Okay, let's say that your own award winning Athenian greek university teacher is just teaching the greek students "anything" :LOL:
Seriously, go speak to the Ministry of Education, not me. I couldn't care less what happens between the borders of Greece and Albania. I was just pointing out what greek scholars are saying, and that i partially agree with them.
She is a much better alternative that labnian or greek ultra-nationalists :)

This thread has been viewed 20011 times.

Back