What do you think of my average faces (ethnicity morphes)?

julia90

Passione Mediterranea
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan-Italian-(European)
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b
I wanted to share also in this site my morphes. i put them all in one blog of me. the method i use is symple: i collect pictures of natioanl squads of sport, i write in my blog the name and surnames of those sportplayer to not repeat them in my future morphes

i morph 4 people in one. each morph moprhed with another one must have inside the same number of player to create a perfect proportion and there shouldn t be the same players two times.

at the end i get an average face with the most common traits in that ethnicity.

i use people born in the country or ethnicityi want o sample with that ethnic origin and also sons of an imigrant and a local original ethnic people who live in that country to represent also the new genes of imigration but not the one of a person born out of two non origin of that country parents.

here you go with my collection

Immagine4.png

Immagine1.png

Immagine3.png

Immagine3.png

Immagine2.png

Immagine7.png

Immagine3.png

Volleyball.png

Immagine3.png

Dominican%2BRepublic.png

Cuba.png

Canada%2Ball.png

CHILEXXX.png

New%2BZealand.png

Immagine.png

Mexico.png

Uruguay.png

ALL.jpg

Greece.png

Italy.png

Brazil.png

That's interesting, thanks for posting! Your northern Euro faces posted small for some reason.

Somehow, real faces are much more interesting looking than the average ones... No individuality left?

Thanks for sharing this, Julia. That's very interesting. Good job!

Somehow, real faces are much more interesting looking than the average ones... No individuality left?

I totally agree with that Dagne... some of the Argentina or Italy... could well fit as Greeks for example.
That -digital approach-,dont work for me, But I suppose the goal is to achieve an average phenotype.

Anyway, I cannot discredit your work @Julia90 which you probably did a lot of effort to accomplished.

I agree about the Argentinian morphs: some of them just look flat out Italian to me. The same goes for Uruguay, which makes sense: I think it's even more heavily "Italian".

Some of the Greeks look a bit Italian to me too. :) Not the male morph on the right though. He just looks Greek to me.

The Russian male morph is, as always, distinctive.

I also agree that these faces are less attractive because they're too generic. They morph even across national boundaries. In countries with a lot of variation, like Italy, it also doesn't really capture the total range. Nor does it really capture what I would consider a face that, imo, could only be Italian.

some updates and new morphes

Venezuela.jpg

Colombia.jpg

Peru.jpg

CricketSouthAsia.jpg

Puerto%2BRico.jpg

Updates and my logic
I hope people would not think of this as something racist or discriminatory. I did all the morphes because I m curious of human variation. Just for the sake of that.
Anyway here some new morphes and updated ones
Updated and new ones.
South%2BEurope.jpg

North%2BEurope.jpg
Dominican%2BRepublic.jpg
Cuba.jpg

Jamaica.jpg

Canada.jpg

Costa%2BRica.jpg

Chile.jpg

New%2BZealand.jpg

Bulgaria.jpg

Ireland.jpg

Australia.jpg

South%2BAfrica.jpeg

France.jpg

Mexico.jpg

Russia.jpg

Argentina.jpg

Italy.jpg

Brazil.jpg

Spain.jpg

England.jpg

Serbia.png

I wanted to share also in this site my morphes. i put them all in one blog of me. the method i use is symple: i collect pictures of natioanl squads of sport, i write in my blog the name and surnames of those sportplayer to not repeat them in my future morphes

i morph 4 people in one. each morph moprhed with another one must have inside the same number of player to create a perfect proportion and there shouldn t be the same players two times.

at the end i get an average face with the most common traits in that ethnicity. The results are also fascinating.

i use people born in the country or ethnicityi want o sample with that ethnic origin and also sons of an imigrant and a local original ethnic people who live in that country to represent also the new genes of imigration but not the one of a person born out of two non origin of that country parents.

Your method is very clever and interesting, but also a bit risky. National squads often don't represent the average phenotype of the countries.

In Brazil, for example, especially if you look only at soccer teams, the average players are famously, in general, of a poorer background and genetically more shifted toward higher African ancestry. Sport and entertainment professionals have since decades ago become the perfect gateway for poor and especially poor and black Brazilians to get out of poverty, so those who have a modicum of talent always go for it. I'd say that at least 3/4 of the famous soccer players are black or mixed, at least 1/3 are undeniably black, but the average proportions in the Brazilian population are 1/2 and 1/10, respectively. Since Brazil's society, despite its prevalence of ethnic inter-mixing and multiracial roots, there is a clear correlation between social class and genetic makeup also with a bit of geographic differentiation. If you take also pictures of athletes of many other sports, the average face may become more representative, but sometimes, in several countries, this or that sport for some reason is more appreciated and played by certain parts of the population cleaved by social class, ethnicity and/or geographic origin.

Interestingly, at least to me the Brazilian average male face to me looks exactly like an African-shifted version of the Portuguese average face.

Interesting map i do have to say and the most amusing is the Uruguay because they can pass as Italians very easy

Some single images
Uganda
RugbySevenUganda16m.jpg

Kenya
RugbySevenKenya16m.jpg

Fiji
RugbySevenFiji16m.jpeg

Fiji
RugbySevenFiji8f.jpeg

Samoa
RugbysevenSamoa16m.jpeg

Papua New Guinea
RugbySevenPapuaNewGuinea8m.jpeg

Papua New Guinea
RugbysevenPapuaNewGuinea8f.jpeg

Trinitad and Tobago
CricketTrinitadTobago4f.jpeg

Aruba
SynchronizedSwimmingAruba8f.jpeg

Ecuador
WaterpoloEcuador8.jpeg

Iran
iran16.jpeg

Tunisia
VolleyballTunisia8f.jpg

Morocco
Morocco16.jpeg

Algeria
Algeria.jpg

Israel
israel64.jpeg

Updates and my logic
Yes, it's better. Most of Average Europeans now looks like a common Russians, here it is easy to guess average faces.

First version, obvious, added a mistake around the chin, and so, instead of average Russian woman it calculated a woman of unknown age from northern area of the country, and instead of average Russian man it calculated a non-existing man similar to somebody from western area (but he should have problems with 8th teeth, yeah).

Some of the later pictures are excellent, especially ice skating and soccer. A man from Bosnia and Herzegovina is like my reflection in the mirror.

The more I look at these maps the more I come to the conclusion that humans regardless of skin tone and certain facial features look nearly identical and any science which points out facial differences in certain races had had some agenda in the past. We try to idolize our beauty standards and make it widespread, but when I walked in an Asian crowd I didn't see less appealing looking women than during of my trip in Berlin for instance. Time has changed when you watch some old school American movie you can notice how beauty standards from the Marilyn Monroe sort of beauty shortly changed to more brunette women of Latina, African heritage and this trend seems to go on in the Western hemisphere.

This thread has been viewed 44747 times.

Back