Italian
Absolutely no cheating now!
gic3a1o-hoc3a0ng-phanxico-21.jpg

Is it the pope?

Marlon brando?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the pope?

Did you cheat, Johane? I'm teasing. :)

You don't have to cheat to guess it. I think you can see the man in the boy. Maybe it's the eyes and the smile.

As a boy:

slide_329886_3231994_free.jpg

As a young priest:
2013123633pope.jpg

Now, when he looks like a generic Italian nonno:

r1201320_15551184.jpg

141009194536-pope-francis-nobel-peace-prize-orig-mg-00012920-story-top.jpg

I swear I didn't :D . I have an obsession with resemblance in general, and facial resemblance in particular. (I'm particularly interested with the singular uniqueness of individuals that grant them their specificity)

Guess who's Death Mask this is:
View attachment 8877

I swear I didn't :D . I have an obsession with resemblance in general, and facial resemblance in particular. (I'm particularly interested with the singular uniqueness of individuals that grant them their specificity)

Guess who's Death Mask this is:
View attachment 8877

I like this game. :) I also like to think I have an eye for resemblances and recognizing people. It was of help at work.

I think it's Napoleon's death mask, although to be scrupulously honest I may have seen it some time in the past and just don't remember that right now.

I'm mainly going by the fact that death masks are fairly recent in Europe, the modeling of the nose and head, and the fact that Napoleon died of cancer, so he would have been emaciated.

What a great site! Some look very much like their pictures, and some not at all. Lenin looks more "Asiatic" in the death mask, I think.

James Dean's death mask looks like Brad Pitt to me more than like James Dean.

Henry VII's death mask looks like that of a Mediterranean man, not British at all.

What extraordinary skulls on Frederick King of Prussia and Rosenberg the Nazi. The first looks Negroid, and the second looks like a caricature of an Armenoid skull. Thank God for hair is all I can say!

Wilson and Teddy Roosevelt are unmistakable even in a death mask.

So is Abraham Lincoln:

lincolndeathmask.jpg

I just ran across one that I think is unbelievable:

Pompey the Great-
6f376e9df480837616b052318e56e5e2.jpg

Vico-an Italian comedian

220px-Vito_2016.jpg

This is on my all time hit list. :)

Augustus:
Augustus-PontMax.jpg

A young baker from my area...even the coloring is right, I think.

0453697f-8744-471b-ba19-240430d906ff_large.jpg

Nooooo, Lenin died of syphilis.

I guessed FDR, lol. Was the camera around during the late 19th/early 20th cebtury? I may need to brush up on my camrogy.

I wonder if Angela's face would end up buried in her hands after reading this. ;)

Is it me or does the pope remind me of Draco Mafloy from Harry Potter
View attachment 8880
View attachment 8879
View attachment 8878

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

The previous one reminds me of Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. Being around him, I would half expect him to strike me with lightning from his hands or ask when the moon sized space station will be completed.

The Emperor's theme is awesome.

DEEEEEH DEEH DEEHHHH...DEEEEHHH DEEEEH DEEEEEEEEH...looool
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7c-n4k3XrU

Astonishing... you are a great "catcher"... very talented. (y)

This thread has been viewed 6559 times.

Back