Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L1029>Y133379
mtDNA haplogroup
H11a2b*
Y-DNA: R-Z283
mtDNA: H(less defined than 23 which placed me as H11a)

Autosomal:

Complete:

livingcomplete.jpg

Standard:

stand.jpg

Cautious:

cautious.jpg

Through History:

aod.jpg

Continued...

Attachments

• standardliving.jpg
    standardliving.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 74
This is really interesting thank you for posting this. After having bought both 23andMe and LivingDna whcih do you recommend as an albanian? Is the raw data from LivingDna useful for things like Promethease yet?

This is really interesting thank you for posting this. After having bought both 23andMe and LivingDna whcih do you recommend as an albanian? Is the raw data from LivingDna useful for things like Promethease yet?

Raw data wont be available for a few more weeks so I am uncertain. Though it will be uploadable to genesis gedmatch.

Personally fro an Autosomal test I find it better than 23andme. 23 announced a shift in focus to medical. So I doubt their results will get more refined. For a new company, they are fairly on point. With exception of this random south asian, the results are consistant with other calculators. I presume Albanians will predominantly get Aegean as a result. Perhaps west balkan is more slavic? Idk.

So far(excluding raw data use at this time) For the price and specificity, I would recommend LivingDNA over 23andme. I eventually plan to add AncestryDNA more for match purposes. Doing FGC for Yelite, so I wonder if I will stay Z283 or go further downstream.

From the back and forth emails, as I understand it, LivingDNA tests downstream clades too. I assume then that I was negative so they kept me at Z283. No Idea lol.

Im sorry for noob, but what is more specific, R-M417 (which you have on your description) or the Z283. THanks for the informative reply btw

Im sorry for noob, but what is more specific, R-M417 (which you have on your description) or the Z283. THanks for the informative reply btw

Z283 is more specific. Just didnt update it yet. lol

Raw data wont be available for a few more weeks so I am uncertain. Though it will be uploadable to genesis gedmatch.

Personally fro an Autosomal test I find it better than 23andme. 23 announced a shift in focus to medical. So I doubt their results will get more refined. For a new company, they are fairly on point. With exception of this random south asian, the results are consistant with other calculators. I presume Albanians will predominantly get Aegean as a result. Perhaps west balkan is more slavic? Idk.

So far(excluding raw data use at this time) For the price and specificity, I would recommend LivingDNA over 23andme. I eventually plan to add AncestryDNA more for match purposes. Doing FGC for Yelite, so I wonder if I will stay Z283 or go further downstream.

From the back and forth emails, as I understand it, LivingDNA tests downstream clades too. I assume then that I was negative so they kept me at Z283. No Idea lol.

Very interesting. How much pay? It was some discount?

In my opinion, you get a surprising big amount of English etc. For an Albanian, except if you say that's somehow right. And I don't think the (small) amount of South Asian is that weird. As you probably know, Roma come from South Asia, and Roma people aren't quite rare in the Balkans, so you there may be some in your dna somewhere. I don't mean anything bad with this, just saying the most logical reason for some random south asian. But that English...I really like this company for the amount of reference populatiosn and regions it has, but they like to put in there some random english a bit too much...

Very interesting. How much pay? It was some discount?

its on sale on the euro and us site, 120 for US(30 dollars off) 108 euro for UK. Given its roughly the same price as 23andme(minus health data).

In my opinion, you get a surprising big amount of English etc. For an Albanian, except if you say that's somehow right. And I don't think the (small) amount of South Asian is that weird. As you probably know, Roma come from South Asia, and Roma people aren't quite rare in the Balkans, so you there may be some in your dna somewhere. I don't mean anything bad with this, just saying the most logical reason for some random south asian. But that English...I really like this company for the amount of reference populatiosn and regions it has, but they like to put in there some random english a bit too much...

It all depends. As far as I understand, 23andme under-reports low admixtures and over reports more prominent ones. I do get roughly 1-2 percent northwest euro on 23andme. my father gets a smidge more.

According to oral history, we may descend paternally from a Condottieri hired by Skanderbeg and settled in Albania. If there is any truth to this, then it is possible this is the source of northwest euro. A good source of the condottieri(prior to the 15th century) were predominantly german, british isles, frankish, and scandinavian. after the 15th century most condottieri were Italian natives. There is a consistency on all my calculators including DNA Tribes which has me as roughly 5 percent northwest euro.

The reason I mention South asian may be wrong is because I have never scored it. Not(as far as i know) on gedmatch either. I do score .03 percent Japanese on 23andme though. Also the south asian percentage in caution is Pashtun which genetically are different from Roma. This is the only reason it seems questionable. unless the minor east asian in 23 got confused for south here. Most the results are consistent give or take some percentages.

This thread has been viewed 5639 times.

Back