Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-m458(L260)
mtDNA haplogroup
U4b1b1

Its interesting that my mt-dna is more common among slavic/baltic/siberian populations as my maternal grandmother isnt even from slovakia, but is a white american whose maternal line I traced back to france(dont know where in france) but to a women whos last name was Dupre.

Complete Results

Europe 100%
Europe (East) 41.4%
Northeast Europe 24.9%
East Balkans 6.9%
Baltics 3.4%
West Balkans 3.3%
Finland and Western Russia 2.9%
Great Britain and Ireland 35.6%
Southeast England 8.5%
East Anglia 6%
Central England 5.2%
Northwest Scotland 3.5%
North Yorkshire 2.4%
Cornwall 2.2%
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 2.1%
North Wales 1.5%
Lincolnshire 1.5%
Cumbria 1.3%
Ireland 1.3%
Europe (South) 13.4%
Tuscany 9%
Aegean 2.8%
Iberian Peninsula 1.7%
Europe (North and West) 9.5%
Scandinavia 5.6%
Germanic 3.9%

Standard
Europe 100%
Southeast England 8.5%
East Anglia 6%
Central England 5.2%
Northwest Scotland 3.5%
Cornwall 2.2%
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 2.1%
North Wales 1.5%
Lincolnshire 1.5%
Ireland 1.3%
Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 3.7%
Europe (East) 35.1%
Northeast Europe 24.9%
East Balkans 6.9%
West Balkans 3.3%
Europe (South) 11.7%
Tuscany 9%
Aegean 2.8%
Europe (North and West) 9.5%
Scandinavia 5.6%
Germanic 3.9%
Europe (unassigned) 8%

Cautious

Sub Regions
Europe 100%
East Anglia-related ancestry 21.3%
Northwest Scotland-related ancestry 7%
Cornwall-related ancestry 2.2%
North Wales-related ancestry 1.5%
Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 3.7%
Northeast Europe-related ancestry 35.1%
South Italy-related ancestry 11.7%
Northwestern Europe-related ancestry 9.5%
Europe (unassigned) 8%

My Dads Results

Complete

Europe 98.8%
Europe (East) 49.9%
Europe (North and West) 25.7%
Europe (South) 13.3%
Great Britain and Ireland 9.8%
Near East 1.2%
North Turkey 1.2%

I wont share his standard and cautiious results as nothing really changes just some unassigned percentages.

Thanks for sharing.

Haplogroup U4b1b1 was found in Neolithic Ukraine and was surely diffused by the Proto-Indo-Europeans across various parts of Europe. It's actually more common in Germany and Britain than in Slavic countries. U4a and U4d clades are more common in Slavic countries and Scandinavia, though, while U4c is typically Central Asian (Scythian?) and Iranian.

I see that Living DNA's descriptions (in this case for hg R1a) are still very focused on British customers. They probably need to work on that if they want to get a broader range of customers.

As for the autosomal results, I wouldn't put too much faith in them yet as you are not of British descent and they still overestimate British ancestry. They are going to include more regional populations soon (at least for Ireland and Germany) and should cover the rest of Europe hopefully before the end of the year. But you never know how fast these things go. Anyway next year your ancestry composition might look quite different and more accurate.

I'm sorry but LivingDNA's haplogroup descriptions are complete trash. Really every DNA company gives trash information on haplogroups.

Interesting.

They give a haplogroup and a subclade (if available). They did not provide me an Y-subclade below U152; apparently they do for now only test below U152 for L2 and subclades of L2. So I interpreted this as L2-.

The maps provided seem haplogroup maps, and not subclade maps (which I don't think they make clear enough). In my mt-story about W they talked about the Indus civilization etc., though that seems suitable for W1, it certainly does not for W5.

It's weird that Sindh has such high percentage of R1a.

Thanks for sharing.

Haplogroup U4b1b1 was found in Neolithic Ukraine and was surely diffused by the Proto-Indo-Europeans across various parts of Europe. It's actually more common in Germany and Britain than in Slavic countries. U4a and U4d clades are more common in Slavic countries and Scandinavia, though, while U4c is typically Central Asian (Scythian?) and Iranian.

I see that Living DNA's descriptions (in this case for hg R1a) are still very focused on British customers. They probably need to work on that if they want to get a broader range of customers.

As for the autosomal results, I wouldn't put too much faith in them yet as you are not of British descent and they still overestimate British ancestry. They are going to include more regional populations soon (at least for Ireland and Germany) and should cover the rest of Europe hopefully before the end of the year. But you never know how fast these things go. Anyway next year your ancestry composition might look quite different and more accurate.
Yes that makes sense it's more common Germany and Britain, maybe it was spread with Germanic tribes to France. It's seems to be quite rare in France though and pretty rare in general.

My father's Mt-dna seems to be pretty well represented in Slovakia at around 8 percent.

There are also some noticeable differences when I compare my gedmatch results from both kits.

Here's the dodecad v3 Test for example

Living DNA

1West_European43.77
2East_European23.02
3Mediterranean21.14
4West_Asian6.47
5Southwest_Asian3.52
6Southeast_Asian1.79

Ancestry DNA
1West_European46.50
2East_European22.70
3Mediterranean20.96
4West_Asian6.66
5Southwest_Asian1.47

Western euro is almost 3 points lower, and I get a pretty substantial south east asian percentage which I didn't in my ancestry test.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Yes that makes sense it's more common Germany and Britain, maybe it was spread with Germanic tribes to France. It's seems to be quite rare in France though and pretty rare in general.

My father's Mt-dna seems to be pretty well represented in Slovakia at around 8 percent.

There are also some noticeable differences when I compare my gedmatch results from both kits.

Here's the dodecad v3 Test for example

Living DNA

1West_European43.77
2East_European23.02
3Mediterranean21.14
4West_Asian6.47
5Southwest_Asian3.52
6Southeast_Asian1.79

Ancestry DNA
1West_European46.50
2East_European22.70
3Mediterranean20.96
4West_Asian6.66
5Southwest_Asian1.47

Western euro is almost 3 points lower, and I get a pretty substantial south east asian percentage which I didn't in my ancestry test.

Those GEDmatch calculators are not optimised for the data originating from Living DNA.

Those GEDmatch calculators are not optimised for the data originating from Living DNA.
Well they don't seem radically different even on my PCA plots it still clusters pretty close to me

This thread has been viewed 4363 times.

Back