Galician (NW of Spain) Y-DNA

tranthe

Reaction score
I guess Galicia is a region quite unknown in Europe. Located in the northwest of the Iberian peninsula shared culture with northern Portugal.
Most people will be surprised by the genetic data. As for the Y-DNA, atlantic component (R1b) is the most abundant 58%, but does not reach the level of 70% or 80% of the Basque Country and Wales. the Galician population is genetically more diverse than at first sight appears.

Yep it really is. I got a Galician family and with my K-maps/Ancestry results show's that I got DNA just like the rest of Iberia really. However i think it scores with a bit more Italo-Celtic.

I'm waiting for my Living DNA results which maybe would help me find out a bit more about my Galician admixture.

I was in Galicia last week and some of them look like there from Andalucia and some from France/England.

Yes, there is a lot of Celtic heritage in the NW Iberia (even Germanic with the Suebi in Braga).
And there are also a lot of people who are descended from people that came from North Africa even some 10 000 years ago.

This thread has been viewed 2888 times.

Back