Can men wear skirt and be accepted openly in the public?

Can you accept men wear skirts openly in society.

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters
MShingen said:
Maybe some long socks or "men's style stockings" may assist in the wearing of knee length or shorter skirts. Middle length or long skirts should be just find with socks pulled up to the maximum to cover the hairy legs.
Woo~ I wish to go all mushy mushy like doing all those gals stuff like what my sister is doing!!
Quite troublesome,I say! :D :D :D

When women first started wearing trousers it wasn't really accepted, but now it's completely normal, so I'm sure if loads of guys started wearing skirts it would seem perfectly normal eventually. I personally have no problem with guys wanting to wear skirts, same for makeup as well, though you don't see it where I live much! As for the hairy legs thing, I've seen plenty of them being paraded round in shorts, so seeing them being shown off in a skirt wouldn't really make much difference to me! But then I think it would be good for men to experience the annoying ongoing battle with unwanted body hair that women have to go through (but imagine the queues for the bathroom o_O).

Yes, of course. I can accept men cross dressing. I can accept men who like other men. Why should I care about what somebody is wearing?

Besides, skirt-wearing men have been around in some cultures for centuries. For example, you have the Scottish kilt and the southern Indian Dothi. And, as somebody already mentioned, there's the Japanese hakama.

But too bad still have a lot of people can't accept that thinking. They still have the common understanding that men should never wear skirts, else he is a gay or whatsoever?

i guess it depends on the man and the skirt.
if a "large" guy with a long beard wears a pink mini-skirt then... well...
but look at gothics. u see them often in the city i live in and its not unusual that gothic guys wear long black skirts. and long black skirts dont look that bad on some guys.
then i see often guys in the university im at wearing skirts (well, not daily but once in a while). then it depends. one in my course was wearing a yellow one with flowers for a while. to that thing i just shrugged. the skirt would look ugly on everyone.

about wearing the stuff open in society.
the named gothics can do so i guess. even without skirts, people look at those who have silver chains and spikes on their clothing and whatever. the skirt doesnt really change that.
on other guys it just depends as well. on slender guys its ok i guess, if the skirt is not too short or eye-catching.
but on many guys it just looks silly. i guess thats mostly because we are not used to it. but why it looks silly doesnt really matter, since the reason of not beeing used to it cant be changed easily, unless suddenly that many silly people run around that they stop looking silly for us, but this wont happen.

the problem is imho, that guys who wear skirts have to take care where they wear them. some guys like beating up those who wear skirts just because they look different, as sad as it is.

i personally dont mind guys wearing skirts. i mean, there are even brands who make skirts for men. about myself wearing one? nope, wont do so. why? because i dislike to be confronted with people i dont know. if im going somewhere, then i dont want to be disturbed by people i dont know.
if our society would be so far that we would just shrug to people looking different, hey then i might try wearing a long black skirt that fits to my long black leather cloak. in the end, the difference between a long leather skirt and long leather trousers is just a tiny piece of sewing...
but as long as i have to fear to be harrassed by people i dont know for wearing a skirt i wont do so. and well, i can live with this.

oh, and im not gay :)

Here in sunny Scotland I get to see men wearing kilts every other day and they look SEXY. I say yay for men wearing skirts !

$$$$$ Expensive $$$$$

catriona said:
Here in sunny Scotland I get to see men wearing kilts every other day and they look SEXY. I say yay for men wearing skirts !

We have a shop here for Scottish dress. You can easily spend over a thousand US$ on a classy kilt and assesories! And the number of clan designs & colors is amazing! A friend from my church is about 6'4" and plays the bagpipes; he does look grand in his kilt. He plays at all kinds of events and funerals.My wife's half Scottish & half English; the Scottish half controls the money!

Frank
:blush:

I'm Not Peeking Under To Find Out !!

Gaki said:
Does he wear a kilt like a true scotsman ? :emblaugh:

I'll ask his wife !!

Frank

Only if they also wear silk stockings and high heels.

Masters of certain Japanese martial arts such as Aikido wear big black skirts called "Hakama".

>>Silk stockings and high heels??
the thing is that heels and stockings are "designed" for women.
skirts themself are not. if im right, it started in the middleages that skirts were associated only with women.

>How bout leg shaving?
people in serious swim sports shave their legs. or guys doing serious cycling sports.
just wondering: if a woman kisses tenderly the breast of a man then she enjoys having suddenly a bunch of hair in her mouth? well, im no woman, i dont know that. doesnt have much to do with skirt wearing itself, but rather with the gender stuff in general.
imho little bodyhair is having only advantages, no matter if its natural or by shaving. well, unless you have THAT much bodyhair that you never get a sunburn, dont freeze that easily in the winter and midges cant get to ur skin to sting you.

still, i dont shave my legs (too lazy) and dont wear skirts but i dont mind people who do. and i dont actually feel any sympathy with the hair on my legs. its just there, if it would be suddenly gone i wouldnt mind it.

btw, the bodyhair thingy reminds me on something. i think i once read that women with few public hair are in japan thought of as beeing infertile (right word?).

Woot to cross-dressing quys (I love you Pat ^^) It's a real pain when someone says eww, he's wearing a skirt! What a gay! It's seriously wrong to make that asumption. Anyway, silk stockings and high heals are perfectly acceptable for guys if they can find ones that fit...

Well, you all know how I feel about this. I stick with what I didn't say.

You'll Notice They Wear A Dirk With A Full..

Golgo_13 said:
IN Scotland don't men wear skirts called "Kilts"?

But not to the office huh?

dress kilt to stab anyone who makes a wrong coment!!

Frank

Golgo_13 said:
IN Scotland don't men wear skirts called "Kilts"?

But not to the office huh?

Why not to the office? Office don't allow kilts and skirts?

This thread has been viewed 167096 times.

Back