Can men wear skirt and be accepted openly in the public?

Can you accept men wear skirts openly in society.

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters
MShingen said:
Hi TimF, well said. Nice action carried out. I respect your bravery. So what was their reaction?

The protest went on the entire school day they were pretty angry over it but then when the realized more people were joining our cause with each class change the decided to change the dress code. :D

So did cases like that occur often? Or it is just only one off case? Any photos to show us?

No I am afraid I do not have any pictures and things like this did happen quite a bit at my school the crisis intervention people were constantly being called to try to send people off to asylums there for awhile we were having people sent on a daily basis myself included not to mention the riots that always broke out we had locker searches daily and drugs were always found there for awhile we could no longer carry back packs beacuse of the drugs and weapons threat i no longer go to the school i graduated from homeschooling when i was 16 and the last time i heard the school was under investigation and was in the process of being closed down beacuse of too many problems.

Oh, too bad then. Else there will be another opportunity to wear skirt in public! It is not easy to grab hold of these kind of situations that men are also allowed to wear skirts openly, unless the society managed to open up their minds. :wave:

if the person is scottish then it's ok i guess, since it's part of their culture.

If not, then they would simply be crossdressing in my opinion.
and if i were to see a mans heary legs under a tight leather skirt, i would surely fall on my knees and cry...
:souka: :( :( :(

maji said:
i guess it depends on the man and the skirt.
if a "large" guy with a long beard wears a pink mini-skirt then... well...
but look at gothics. u see them often in the city i live in and its not unusual that gothic guys wear long black skirts. and long black skirts dont look that bad on some guys.
then i see often guys in the university im at wearing skirts (well, not daily but once in a while). then it depends. one in my course was wearing a yellow one with flowers for a while. to that thing i just shrugged. the skirt would look ugly on everyone.

the problem is imho, that guys who wear skirts have to take care where they wear them. some guys like beating up those who wear skirts just because they look different, as sad as it is.

QUOTE]

I totally agree there ^^. I like a guy in a skirt really...but he needs to play the part correctly. If some guy is very overweight/has really icky body hair etc and wants to wear a tight lil mini skirt....that's kind of gross. Then again, we see women with the same kind of problem and we think its gross, so I think its mutually the same, really. If they wanna wear a skirt, they gotta follow the rules of shaving legs, wearing the right kind of skirt for their body , etc. But I think that it should be just as normal for a guy to wear a skirt, as it is for chicks to wear a pair of jeans.

People can wear whatever they want! It's nothing to do with me what someone else is wearing and I think it's a bit sad if someone says what other people should/shouldn't wear. Just relax and express yourself and don't worry about others' opinions. :yeahh:

i actually do agree with you jovial..

but i would still cry if i saw that :hey:

I do agree, it would be funny, but I'd respect him for wearing what he wants despite what other people may think.

Hell I Would Go Nude If I Could!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

queenie said:
I totally agree there ^^. I like a guy in a skirt really...but he needs to play the part correctly. If some guy is very overweight/has really icky body hair etc and wants to wear a tight lil mini skirt....that's kind of gross. Then again, we see women with the same kind of problem and we think its gross, so I think its mutually the same, really. If they wanna wear a skirt, they gotta follow the rules of shaving legs, wearing the right kind of skirt for their body , etc. But I think that it should be just as normal for a guy to wear a skirt, as it is for chicks to wear a pair of jeans.

Hi Queenie,

Thanks for your support in men wearing skirts. I would love to have more of this kind of people like you who shares the same view as me as I am currently doing that as well secretly. However, I would not agree on the part that men must shave legs before wearing skirts. I believe this point is up to individual and I cannot force them to do so. They also have an option to wear long skirts, or cover their legs with long socks, etc..... The rest is okay.

Of course i accept it...what else could i do? Walk up to him and hit him in the face? :/

does anyone know how to find out what their clans pattern is? I have some scottish ancestors way far back ^-^ sorry for the off topic-ness

Clan patterns? Is there any relation in men wearing skirt? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

yes its related. (warning- i'm going by whati've heard/read so if I'm wrong please correct me) every clan (big extended family or sould I say tribe maybe) has a different pattern of plaid type textile..... ah,damn it I can't describe it, can anyone help out?

Sinspawne said:
if the person is scottish then it's ok i guess, since it's part of their culture.

and if i were to see a mans heary legs under a tight leather skirt, i would surely fall on my knees and cry...
I'm irish and I wear kilts often. I was at school and by surprise this **** teacher ripped my kilt and told me it was a dress code violation. Hehe, I tried to have a protest but my freinds and I were simply put in detention. :(

Sinspawne said:

I disagree entirely. I think society claims so much not to descriminate one gender and prefer one over the other, in this idea of "equality" but why must clothing be seperated into "girls clothes" and "guys clothes"? You wouldn't reject a man from employment because he was a man, would you? Or a woman for that matter? Though this happens all to often, allot of people are against it. You wouldn't speak against a man because he had long hair would you? Or a girl because she had hair like a boy? Look, this cross-dressing nonsense was just a word invented to "keep people in place" its descrimination on both parts, my personal opinion is that there is no boundarys between the two, wear what you want to wear. A guy wants to wear a skirt then fine, he may have his reasons. A woman wants to dress like a guy out of comfort, then FINE. What does it matter? How does it effect you? Having to witness a man's 'hairy legs' oh PLEASE, I've seen women do the same yet it only seems to matter in relation to a man?

If its in their culture, wonderful, they have an 'excuse' but why should one need an excuse? Do you mean to say that if a man wants to wear a skirt be must move to Scottland or Ireland and become a legal citizen JUST so he can wear a skirt and have it be 'okay' to the rest of society? Isn't this pathetic? Isn't this unfair? What should it matter what a man chooses to wear? Tell me that.

Because I forgot this. Yes, a man CAN wear a skirt openly in public rather culture related or not. Its his own right.

Last edited:
true. it is also anyones right to look down on him/hate him for any reason he wants, even if that reason is that he's wearing a skirt.

I'm not saying they don't have the right, I'm just trying to open their eyes and get them more open-minded on the subject. I understand it may seem like I'm trying to say that you must accept or I"m going to bite your legs off or something, but thats not what I"m trying to do. Just a bit angry. But even yet as their right is to look down/hate the man for that reason, I have my right to revolt and look down/hate the person for saying that.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is this is the opinion board, as much as it is their right to debate the original question posted, its my right to debate their opinion and offer my own.

Last edited:
exactly.. and in that manner it can go on for ever and ever and ever..

*walks around with big plaques protesting*
NO MORE RIGHTS! NO MORE RIGHTS!

This thread has been viewed 167048 times.

Back