Can men wear skirt and be accepted openly in the public?

Can you accept men wear skirts openly in society.

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters
Lol, there ya go, just ban all rights and everyone can be happy. I think everyone would be better off as grey blobs living in a grey world. Where they do the same thing every day and are damn well happy about it. Sadly thats not life.

But sadly, this is what the present situation is like. I would love to have more opened minded people like you so that more people will appreciate men in skirts!

Thats why there are people who fight to make these things more accepted.

Kilts rock!!! Ever seen Braveheart?? Those scots were AWESOME !!!! :cool:

Yeah, but skirts are even better! Anyway, if many people can accept men wearing kilt, then skirts shouldn't be a problem since both garments are almost similar.

MShingen said:
Yeah, but skirts are even better! Anyway, if many people can accept men wearing kilt, then skirts shouldn't be a problem since both garments are almost similar.

Well I can partly agree with that. I mean a kilt is more of a traditional cultural thing where as a skirt isn't exactly that. A skirt is a skirt so I can see why someone would accept a kilt but not a skirt, though I still disagree with discrimination against it.

So request the scottish to spread the culture of wearing kilts around the world so that more people will be willing to accept kilts, then slowly transform their minds to accept skirts as well....Can that be done?

Of course it can! Lots of odd things have happened that no one years ago would ever have dreamt of, so I suppose if you just work slowly toward that goal and allot of people do then it could happen, I suppose.

Skirt.. Like a woman's skirt ? Come on now, that would just be disturbing, I do not want to see some old guy's hairy legs. If you mean something traditional, like a kilt, or Kimono type deal, then sure why not, but.. men wearing skirts like women do.. that would be.. just disturbing.. and this comes from a guy that wears pink which is widely thought as a woman's color.. heh.. it's a hip-hop thing.. but anyway.. I am by no means ashamed of what I wear and don't care what people think of what I wear.. but.. wearing a skirt is not something I would do.. :souka:

What is so disturbing about a man wearing a skirt? Once again I don't see you complaining about a woman's hairly legs, or even a man in a kilt who has hairy legs. So please, enlighten me little, why do you think men shouldn't be able to wear skirts like a woman? Is there truly a difference between clothing? Its a sexist statement, that and that alone.

Sexist ? Oh Come now, Let's try to only state facts when trying to prove eachother wrong. I wear pink like I stated before, it is not common to wear this color, and I here it from many people that it is a "Woman's Color" I simply respond "It's just a color, Get over it" If I was sexist, I would be with these individuals harassing people who wear things that are not so common. Please in the future make educated accusations.

akaisha said:
why do you think men shouldn't be able to wear skirts like a woman?
Ah Yes, The jumping to conclusion Award goes to.... akaisha! I re-read my post and tried to find where I stated "men shouldn't be able to wear skirts like a woman" and you know, it's the darndest thing, I searched to no avail. Please enlighten me to where I said anything more than
King of Tokyo said:
wearing a skirt is not something I would do..
Yes, That is correct, it is not something I would do, I never condemned others from wearing what they see fit. I said I do not prefer to see Men's hairy legs if it can be helped, and I stick by that, if you like that, I'm sure you can find some kind of fetish forum to post at. A man is free to wear what he likes, I will not stop him or hinder his day in anyway if I see a man wearing a skirt, but I will prefer not to look at him. That is my simply my stance on things, so if you plan on arguing, please do put some thought before putting words in my mouth.

Look my mistake, I assumed you meant by saying men in women's skirts is disturbing that you only meant men should not be able to wear skirts. Now if you meant something other then that, feel free to say so. Otherwise I stand by statement of saying you are sexist, and to your own gender. You see by giving the idea, or if its what you meant, saying that men can't wear skirts like women would mean you're saying only women could wear skirts, and if men can't then are they just not equal?
Now I never denyed that it was something you didn't want to do, I simple assumed(and feel i have good reason to assume) that you meant they shouldn't be able to. I apologize if got the wrong idea about that, but I continue(once again) to stand by what I said.

Skirt is just a garment while pink is just a colour. They do not equate to woman. Yes, woman likes colours like pink and some of them like to wear skirts. But the objects aree not woman. The problem is that people equate them. If people can stop this kind of thinking, then I think we are one step ahead of making others accept that men can also wear skirt.

apparently its not that big of a deal in japan for young men to wear skirts, have you ever heard of a yamamba girl?

Care to enlighten us what a Yamamba Girl is? How does this relate to men in skirt? Thanks.

lol

darkrikku66 said:
i think its fine for men to wear skirts openly in society.lol in my opinion i think its cute .people might look at you funny but who cares.if you like it then its alright!
a lot of us japanese people are going to look at you funny,if you walk out side in my country wearing skirts,only
if your not a martial arts master.
lol men wearing skirts the emperor should b..slap all of you. :D

So that implies you all are not going to accept men wearing skirts, right?

This thread has been viewed 166933 times.

Back