Can men wear skirt and be accepted openly in the public?

Can you accept men wear skirts openly in society.

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters
I find it sexy.^^" Sure i mean not a girly skirt with flowers, but a long black one example.

Argh... could someone please kill this topic and get it out of its misery?? :mad:

How about a new one:

Can men wear a loincloth and be accepted openly in the public?

or better yet,

Can men and women wear their underwear over their clothes and still be accepted openly in the public?

:blush: "Look at me! I'm Superman!" :D

lineartube said:
Argh... could someone please kill this topic and get it out of its misery?? :mad:

I find myself thinking that same thing... :blush:

This topic is so interesting, why kill it? Men in skirts have to come in reality!

I'm sorry for bringing this tread up again, but I wanted to give my opinion on the subject.

I think men wearing skirts should be accepted by society.
Even though I wouldnt wear it myself, I think people should be able to walk around the street in whatever they want without having worry about being molested.

You talked about how gross it is when men wear skirts without shaving their legs.
I agree I don't like the sight, but people should be free to choose.
When a woman doesn't shave she often gets some negative comments about it as well.

It seems that when woman change something it is accepted faster as with men.
For example, women wearing trousers.
It the same with hair.
I see more woman with short hair everyday.
There are still enormous groups of people who think guys with long hair are gay/stupid/whatever...

Sorry for my bad english...

MShingen said:
This topic is so interesting, why kill it? Men in skirts have to come in reality!

You don't need to ask for permission or acceptance. It seems like you'd like to wear a skirt in public, SO GO AHEAD AND DO IT!!

A man? In a skirt? That depends. Now some men can get away with it but some it's just wrong. Personally, I wouldn't want to see a bunch a men walking in around in skirts. It doesn't seem manly to me. But then, that's kind of hypocritical of me seeing as how I would give up my right leg to meet Mana, the man I love, who's likes dressing in drag... heheheh. I'm so weird.

december said:
A man? In a skirt? That depends. Now some men can get away with it but some it's just wrong. Personally, I wouldn't want to see a bunch a men walking in around in skirts. It doesn't seem manly to me. But then, that's kind of hypocritical of me seeing as how I would give up my right leg to meet Mana, the man I love, who's likes dressing in drag... heheheh. I'm so weird.

So exactly what you want? Very contradicting. :?

Very contradicting indeed. I'm one of those people that can never make up their minds on something. Okay - I'll accept a girly looking man in a skirt. I won't accept a manly looking man in a skirt.... because, it just looks wrong.

But hey, who am I to judge? Go be free.

MShingen said:
Care to enlighten us what a Yamamba Girl is? How does this relate to men in skirt? Thanks.

well, first of all, yamamba is a term that describes a trend in japanese fashion. first adopted by girls. now it is being adopted by young, cross-dressing men. the description is usually that of heavily applied, dark tan make-up, with white or bright eyeliner, pink lipstick,usually dyed hair or even a wig, and brightly colored "loud" clothing. take a look for yourself> www.hunkabutta.com/picture_pages/pic_20010927a.html
hope your enlightened :D

I'm definitaly all for guys finally getting more confidence in themselves. Guys are so unsure about their own masculinity, it's pathetic. God, if I were a guy, I'd wear multi-colored spandex and tank tops just to throw people off! ^^

But really, what's actually wrong with it? Nothing!!! :mad:

babar-san said:
well, first of all, yamamba is a term that describes a trend in japanese fashion. first adopted by girls. now it is being adopted by young, cross-dressing men. the description is usually that of heavily applied, dark tan make-up, with white or bright eyeliner, pink lipstick,usually dyed hair or even a wig, and brightly colored "loud" clothing. take a look for yourself> www.hunkabutta.com/picture_pages/pic_20010927a.html
hope your enlightened :D

Oh, I saw Faye Wong with that around her eyebrows. Looks really weird because these girls are more red tan than real tan, but it actually looks kinda cool if you do it right I bet =D :blush:

what the hell? there are more yes votes than no votes? obviously all the sadistic women are voting yes. guys don't wear skirts, end of bloody story.

any guy that has would wear a skirt out in public has a screw loss. if their parents were to find out they would most likely think "what a disappoint of a son i have raised."

I have to disagree with you okaeri man. I think it would be cool if guys started wearing skirts more often. It makes more sense too...I mean, they would have more room...hehe >.>

okaeri_man said:
what the hell? there are more yes votes than no votes? obviously all the sadistic women are voting yes. guys don't wear skirts, end of bloody story.

any guy that has would wear a skirt out in public has a screw loss. if their parents were to find out they would most likely think "what a disappoint of a son i have raised."
your parents would see you as a dissapointment just because of a certain piece of cloth you decided to wear?... Man, that's harsh.

If their mind is open, they will not see it as a disappointment. It is all up in your mind.

Well, I'm no expert in these matters, but if a guy is gonna wear a skirt in public, he's gonna need two things:

1) Plenty of intestinal fortitude to ignore the inevitable barbs, jokes, insults, double takes, giggles and laughter thrown his way by a sometimes uncaring public

2) A damn good looking pair of legs!!! :D

Clearly, I didn't take this topic entirely seriously, but I rarely do with anything! :)

I think it's kind of silly that society doesn't feel ready to accept men in skirts, I mean, really...How many times do we have to learn a lesson?
Pants were originally made for men, but since around the late 50s, women have worn pants too.
So, why can't men wear skirts? I don't see the logic. Like I said before...they'de have more room :blush: , lol.

in downtown glasgow they call them kilts not skirts... repeat a kilt is not a skirt....

PS
"Is anything worn under the kilt?"
"No, it's all in perfect working condition..."
(thanks to the late great Spike Milligan)

This thread has been viewed 166470 times.

Back