Can men wear skirt and be accepted openly in the public?

Can you accept men wear skirts openly in society.

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters
o0o0 guys can wear all the skirts there cute azzes want as long as the got the high heels and make up(mmm sexhi), and out on the street making [my] Feddy

skirts

:? hm...well if it was an asain guy wearing a skirt hell no! (although i shouldnt be talking since i wore a mini on a train) :blush:

ffrost_nova622 said:
:? hm...well if it was an asain guy wearing a skirt hell no! (although i shouldnt be talking since i wore a mini on a train) :blush:

Really? Were you whistled at? Inquiring minds wanna know! :D

queenie said:
I think it's kind of silly that society doesn't feel ready to accept men in skirts, I mean, really...How many times do we have to learn a lesson?
Pants were originally made for men, but since around the late 50s, women have worn pants too.
So, why can't men wear skirts? I don't see the logic. Like I said before...they'de have more room :blush: , lol.
:haihai: I agree, but I don't know about those floral prints. :giggle:

Hell no, men shouldn't imitate women. But then again, if they do, doesn't affect me.

I am proud to know Turks were wearing two legged trousers (to mount horses easier. see sig.) while the rest of the world was wearing skirts and robes.

Well, think that guys should be free to do what they want... so, what ever float's your boat, i guess...

Although I wouldnt be cought dead wearing a skirt... It's strictly jeans and a hoodie or khackies and dress shirts for me. And the ocasional blue spiked hair works too. Oh and black goes with everything... especialy black :p

Scots wear kilts (frock like dress) and stockings and shoe and they don't wear their underwears below!

So when a breeze blows, it can reveal!

Wear a kilt and play the bagpipe and no one can call you a cross dresser! :cool:

my friend wears a kilt. my friend is cool. my friend is a male. my friend is accepted openly in public.

my younger brother wears skirts in public (yes i have a brother just like me... creepy ne?)

some people just don't notice it, i mean my dad thought he was wearing really baggy pants ( our father is a clueless weirdo with BRIGHT yellow hair)

He wears make-up and shaves his legs, and he's actually pretty accepted in socity.... (by girls mostly.... every guy i know asks me, " Why is tony wearing a skirt? Why does he shave his legs? Why does he wear make-up) i tell them this, " He listens to his sister." I mean hell if a guy wants to wear a skirt let him he may even pull it off, right?

i say if there are any guys who wanna wear a skirt, DO IT!!!! just shave your legs please ^_^

i wouldn't really be one to do it, but hey, if you want to do something then you should do it, not caring what others say or think.
maybe if someone gave me like.. a dollar or something, i'd do it. XD

Can he? Should he?

I have not--and will not--take the time to wade through this thread, which it seems to be pretty well fork-tested by now. I will only comment that if it is something that a guy has a burning desire to do, I will not piillory him for the act.

Cultural standards apply here. Scottish nationals think nothing of wearing a skirt. They call it a kilt, and no one seems to mind. Of course, if you're not a Scot, it is inappropriate for you to wear a kilt.

I do bring up one subject--skirts are cold when you work in an air-conditioned enviornment where the cool air is vented through the floor. In such a heavily enviornmentally-controlled area, women seem to prefer slacks because their bums get fronzen when they wear a skirt/dress.

So it depends.

Last edited:
oh yes it is!!! i'll agree with you on that shooter! they are cold >< i hate it too!!!!

evil skirts and air conditioned rooms * covers legs with overly big hoodie* ah better ^_^

Hehehe... this is a precious one isnt it. There are hundreds of guys who wear cultural skirts (if they dont have separate leg holes, im guessing thats what you would call them), and Drag queens dont look half as exquisite in pants do they? My only problem is what they wear under the skirt... whilst walking up stairs or over something that people would be able to see up their skirts... but then again I dont think that the men wearing non cultural skirts would really mind being looked at. Hmm each to their own. Maybe waxing or shaving would be a good suggestion however if it was something they liked to do in public often. If we tidy ourselves up to wear such things, then it would only seem fair if the men did too...

hihi,,, well not in my country.... or you should be transexual, or it should be a bachlor party gna gna....

but i would love to wear a Kilt some day...... ( i already wore a dress.... i have pictures of it... ...
oz%20077.jpg

... uuuh im the guy with the mask .... sorry i just had a funny moment about 1 year ago....

familymaster1 said:
:? Well I geuss if guys in Irlind wear them.
if you're referring to Highland Garb, such as the kilt, it's Scottish... and please read your posts before hitting that send button.

interesting outfit, dutch: I dig the lucha libre look, but why the dress?

shooter: it seems that the English did mind the Scots wearing kilts quite a bit... for a while at least
The Act for the Abolition and Proscription of Highland Dress provided that from 1st August 1747:

"... no man or boy within that part of Great Britain called Scotland, other than such as shall be employed as Officers and soldiers in His Majesty's Forces, shall, ... wear or put on the clothes commonly called Highland Clothes ...

" ... the plaid, philabeg, or little kilt, trows, shoulder-belt, or any part whatsoever of what peculiarly belongs to the Highland Garb. ..."

" ... every such person so offending ... shall suffer imprisonment ... and being convicted on the second offence shall be liable to be transported ... beyond the seas, there to remain for the space of seven years."

Some historians record that orders to the troops immediately after the passing of this Act were to "kill upon the spot any person whom they met dressed in the Highland Garb."

That Act was repealed in 1782.

'Accept'? O.k., no problem there--just let it be as Kara_nari said. I mean there's no reason to keep the 'not-a-woman' (as the author of Eve's Seed puts it) mentality around any more. :)

I hope not - if it were accepted, then what would be the fun of wearing one?! And since everyone and their grandmother swear on tv nowadays- it's taken the joy out of swearing and just made it annoying, esp. with all the pointless bleeping going on. oops that's a different rant...

Of course I'm not a guy so I wouldn't know. But some guys can look really cute in skirts. Especially Dave Foley. If men want to wear them - more power to them.

This thread has been viewed 166438 times.

Back