The Gay Marriage Controversy

How do you feel about gay marriage?

• I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

Votes: 62 26.1%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Votes: 152 63.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 10.1%

• Total voters
Now, you're right; if the whole world turned to homosexuality, it would be a huge problem for the human race. There's absolutely no chance of that, however; there's nothing to fear. At the most we're talking about a few percent to 10% of men.

well, I don't know, is DNA in play to determin whether you'll be gay?
many will say yes, but ..

maybe, in the times of Adam, 90 % was gay, but only the 10 % straight procreated and the gay did not

wait a minute, if so there should be no gay people left today, except those very few with a coincidal DNA mutation at birth
no, your DNA doesn't tell you you should be gay
isn't it influenced by the society in which you grow up after all?

or maybe the forefathers of todays gay people were bisexual because society didn't allow them to be gay?

I would reason exactly the same if my child was gay. I would love him and accept him but i would never aprove of homosexuality as a good and healthy behavior

Clearly you contradicting yourself. How can you accept someone if you do not approve of their sexuality? Irrelevant to wether you aprove or not homosexuality is a reality. How can you love someone and at the same time thump in their head that they are abromal. Ever cared to think of the consequences of the mental state of that person having someone telling them they are not good and dont have a healthy behavior. Why dont you think that as a human being the desires of homosexuals to love and live are similar to those of heterosexuals. And what is the problem anyway?

just as I dont approve of my own behavior when it isnt good or healthy and ive made a lot of mistakes.

For a homosexual there is nothing wrong and its neither a mistake, and they do not appreciate being told so. As Angela mentioned what two concenting adults do is not much of anyones business. Did you know that not all homosexuals go parading? Did you know that a good number of homosexual males become priests? Did you know that there are different types of homosexual characters and lifestyles. Not very different from the spectrum of behaviors you find among heterosexuals.

Saying there have always been homosexuals is not a proof that it is a good behavior and not a mental complex.

Its a natural behavior since recorded history, no point in keep saying a bad behavior and all the other adjectives you use. It is what it is and its not going to change

Its not only poeple from third world countries, many of us are shocked in western countries still to this day. Countries from all across the world are looking at the west from china to kenya thinking we have lost our marbles

Taboo countries where persecution (even execution) is still rampant are African and Islamic countries. I am not sure who has marbles missing with this kind of behavior. China as it developed has improved its attitude towards homosexuals like most first world countries do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_China

Im not insulting anyone

of course you are and you also think its ok. You stated homosexuals are not beneficial. That is a heavy statement and has lots of repercussions. Let me know how non beneficial we are please. I am the only person caring for my sick mum and I have two sisters and a brother who are very grateful for what I do, and been told if it wasnt for me she would be in a home as they could not cope with commitments. I met a friend in the mall I haven't seen in years and told me he nursed his Mother until she passed away a few months ago. Say that to Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci. Respect please.

just stating the fact that a relationship that beirs no fruit can never be equal to a relationship that is the reason for all of human existence.Do you not have a mother and father? yes you do its the only way you could come into this world. All of us have a mother and a father even orphans, they just dont know them, but we all know the ideal situation for a child to grow up is to be with his biological mother and father and that is the natural and normal way of things, everything besides this is either a less ideal situation or a deviant form of the original one. Even in homosexual relationships very often one takes the dominate and masculine role while the other takes the submissive and feminine role, this is very common especially among lesbians, this is a plane immitation of the whats natural in our species trying to recreate the masculine and feminine energies in a relationship that cant fully do it.

Unfortunately life is not all about ideal situations. A fact you are leaving out is that not all is Black and White. How about the shades of Gray? Why is there orphans in the world? Some children have been abounded by their parents and some have also been mistreated. Its the exception not the rule thank goodness. If they can live in orphanages why cant they live with a homosexual couple? and more focused attention for a better upbringing. Not everyone qualifies like not all hetero couple qualify for some reason or another, but who does makes a pretty good job.

shame on me yes for stating the truth

all i can read is negative remarks and generalization.....far from the truth.

oh, and while we're at it,

why not legalise a 3-way marriage, just like Manny and his 2 lovely senoritas would like ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/amorous-trio-who-sleep-together-9029654

a bizarre story : a lesbian woman disguises herself as a man, even puts a fake penis, to seduce a heterosexual lady friend she fancies

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7357891.html

or did this also happen all time in history?

maybe you are confusing apples with oranges? you know the difference? nothing bizarre happens with Heterosexuals?

Well, I'm glad that you don't approve of denying homosexuals human rights or treating them with disrespect.

As to your view of homosexuality, we'll have to agree to disagree, I think. I agree there are people who, because it is increasingly accepted, might have homosexual experiences where once it might not even have occurred to them. I also agree that being who we are, people who are isolated from members of the opposite sex might turn for sexual fulfilment to someone of their own sex, even though that isn't their preference. There are also people, jaded with experiences with their own sex, who might turn to homosexual sex for titillation. In adolescence, when sexual identity is more fluid, sexualized feelings can attach themselves to a good friend or a slightly older and admired person. It passes.

I'm not talking about any of that. I'm talking about people who from the earliest awakening of sexual feeling have fantasized only about other men, have only been attracted to other men. I know men like that, have worked with them, have grown to love some as friends. It's who they are...I don't know if you've done any research into the subject, but the science seems to bear it out.

Now, you're right; if the whole world turned to homosexuality, it would be a huge problem for the human race. There's absolutely no chance of that, however; there's nothing to fear. At the most we're talking about a few percent to 10% of men. Even if it were a psychological aberration and not a matter of genetic determination, so long as they are consenting adults, how does it harm you in any way. Why does it so concern you? There's not enough love in the world. There's not enough loving, nurturing sex in the world either. Perhaps if there were, people would be happier. Let them find it where they will so long as nobody is being exploited.

Which brings me to your question about incest. That's usually what people raise, that or bestiality, and I don't think either are good analogies. I think incest has been a taboo for most of human history, and not just because many cultures realized the danger for the survival of the tribe through birth defects and recessive disease. It's also extremely destructive to the family unit, to the kind of protective relationships, relationships based on trust, not exploitation of the young, which are necessary for the survival of the family. Added to all that, I think there may be something primal, maybe hormonal about it, an aversion, an adaptation, which is increased by the amount of time spent in one another's company. There are some studies to that effect.

I recently read an article about a woman whose biological father had abandoned her as a newborn. She met him thirty-five years later for the first time, and she maintains that they fell in love. They started a physical relationship and are still in it. She had herself sterilized. This is a bizarre situation in no way comparable to homosexuality, which, as Maleth pointed out, has been a part of human life from the very beginning. Sometimes it was accepted. Just consider the Indo-European initiation ceremonies, the Greco-Roman world, tribal Afghanistan, some New World Indian societies. Sometimes it has gone into hiding. It has never gone away. If you investigate it, I'm sure you'll find that's the case.

@Bicicleur,

Well, some of the most beautiful love poetry in the world was written by Sappho, who was a Lesbian.

"You came and I was longing for you,
You cooled a heart burning with desire."

"[SIZE=-1]Please[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Come back to me, Gongyla, here tonight,
You, my rose, with your Lydian lyre.
There hovers forever around you delight:
dot_clear.gif
A beauty desired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Even your garment plunders my eyes.
I am enchanted: I who once
Complained to the Cyprus-born goddess,
dot_clear.gif
Whom I now beseech[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Never to let this lose me grace
But rather bring you back to me:
Amongst all mortal women the one
dot_clear.gif
I most wish to see."

Women couples have just been able to hide in plain sight.[/SIZE]

Well, I'm glad that you don't approve of denying homosexuals human rights or treating them with disrespect.

As to your view of homosexuality, we'll have to agree to disagree, I think. I agree there are people who, because it is increasingly accepted, might have homosexual experiences where once it might not even have occurred to them. I also agree that being who we are, people who are isolated from members of the opposite sex might turn for sexual fulfilment to someone of their own sex, even though that isn't their preference. There are also people, jaded with experiences with their own sex, who might turn to homosexual sex for titillation. In adolescence, when sexual identity is more fluid, sexualized feelings can attach themselves to a good friend or a slightly older and admired person. It passes.

I'm not talking about any of that. I'm talking about people who from the earliest awakening of sexual feeling have fantasized only about other men, have only been attracted to other men. I know men like that, have worked with them, have grown to love some as friends. It's who they are...I don't know if you've done any research into the subject, but the science seems to bear it out.

Now, you're right; if the whole world turned to homosexuality, it would be a huge problem for the human race. There's absolutely no chance of that, however; there's nothing to fear. At the most we're talking about a few percent to 10% of men. Even if it were a psychological aberration and not a matter of genetic determination, so long as they are consenting adults, how does it harm you in any way. Why does it so concern you? There's not enough love in the world. There's not enough loving, nurturing sex in the world either. Perhaps if there were, people would be happier. Let them find it where they will so long as nobody is being exploited.

Which brings me to your question about incest. That's usually what people raise, that or bestiality, and I don't think either are good analogies. I think incest has been a taboo for most of human history, and not just because many cultures realized the danger for the survival of the tribe through birth defects and recessive disease. It's also extremely destructive to the family unit, to the kind of protective relationships, relationships based on trust, not exploitation of the young, which are necessary for the survival of the family. Added to all that, I think there may be something primal, maybe hormonal about it, an aversion, an adaptation, which is increased by the amount of time spent in one another's company. There are some studies to that effect.

I recently read an article about a woman whose biological father had abandoned her as a newborn. She met him thirty-five years later for the first time, and she maintains that they fell in love. They started a physical relationship and are still in it. She had herself sterilized. This is a bizarre situation in no way comparable to homosexuality, which, as Maleth pointed out, has been a part of human life from the very beginning. Sometimes it was accepted. Just consider the Indo-European initiation ceremonies, the Greco-Roman world, tribal Afghanistan, some New World Indian societies. Sometimes it has gone into hiding. It has never gone away. If you investigate it, I'm sure you'll find that's the case.

@Bicicleur,

Well, some of the most beautiful love poetry in the world was written by Sappho, who was a Lesbian.

"You came and I was longing for you,
You cooled a heart burning with desire."

"[SIZE=-1]Please[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Come back to me, Gongyla, here tonight,
You, my rose, with your Lydian lyre.
There hovers forever around you delight:
dot_clear.gif
A beauty desired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Even your garment plunders my eyes.
I am enchanted: I who once
Complained to the Cyprus-born goddess,
dot_clear.gif
Whom I now beseech[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Never to let this lose me grace
But rather bring you back to me:
Amongst all mortal women the one
dot_clear.gif
I most wish to see."

Women couples have just been able to hide in plain sight.[/SIZE]

Actually I really have researched the subject quite in depth at least at one time, and honestly there has never been any real scientific evidence to support the fact that they were born this way. As i mentioned before almost all have been quasi psuedoscientific studies that dont in the end prove anything. Such as the example that I believe is even given on this website claiming things like a younger son with multiple older brothers is more likely to be gay because his testosterone rate is lower..this statment doesnt prove anything in itself as lower testosterone would mean a lack of sex drive not that your attracted to members of your own sex. I know and have known plenty of gay men who were extremely masculine, essentially bodybuilders and from getting to know them and talking to them. They thought and acted just like any man, and it was quite easy for me to understand them and their way of thinking. someone can claim all he wants that he or she has been like that since the time they were born but that also isnt a proof in itself. Children arent born with sexual attraction we develople that later and sexual attraction can be and is a very maluable and can be bendable in many many directions. I know and understand those people are genuinely attracted to the same sex, im not doubting their sincerity at the same time I honestly think many many homosexuals are not happy that way and actually in a way have bought into the modern concept that you are either gay or straight and feel they have no choice they were born that way and have no say in it, and i also dont agree with this. Studies have shown that many homosexuals were molested as children (one claiming upwards of 60%) and obviously this will have massive affects on your orientation. As i mentioned before I knew someone who worked as a psychologist( the person was gay) with young teens who had been molested, and he told me one of the most common statments he gets from them after their experience is they tell him they now believe they are gay as they are having same sex attractions. Also as mentioned exclusive homosexuality is a modern construct and was not common in ancient greek and roman times were people essentially believed it was good to be both and just do whatever. Exclusive homosexuality is also extremely rare in the animal kingdom outside of humans, yes homosexual behavior is common but being exclusively homosexual is almost never seen outside of humans.

also i believe we have to be objective and just seriously think about the subject with out letting ourselves be influenced by whats popular today and what the media feeds us. Someone famous( lol i cant remember who now) said something to the extent of : theres nothing common to man that I cant comprehend. I really agree with this statment. Every man( though many wont admit it) has had sexual attractions to all sorts of stuff. If I actually did the things ive done in my dreams i would be arrested and put in a mental assylum and this is the case for every man. I can very easily see how certain situations and experiences can affect our orientation and if people are honest i believe they would agree with me. Im not saying these things to be intolerant or to make people feel bad and act like im perfect thats the last thing i would want to do, but i dont believe society is on the right track with this, and i honestly think homosexuals would be happier deep down knowing that they are normal and just like everybody else and we all could be like them and are like them regardless if we choose to live in that mindset

and yes obviously gay people can be talented and wonderful people creating beutiful music and poems. Im a big fan of a lot of gay actors and musicians and I dont think of them as bad people. George michael has always been a favorite of mine and is one of the best looking guys ive ever seen! still these are more emotional arguments and dont take away from anything ive said.

you might find this interesting angela, its from a pro gay website specifically speaking about this subject.

https://socialinqueery.com/2013/03/18/no-one-is-born-gay-or-straight-here-are-5-reasons-why/

Clearly you contradicting yourself. How can you accept someone if you do not approve of their sexuality? Irrelevant to wether you aprove or not homosexuality is a reality. How can you love someone and at the same time thump in their head that they are abromal. Ever cared to think of the consequences of the mental state of that person having someone telling them they are not good and dont have a healthy behavior. Why dont you think that as a human being the desires of homosexuals to love and live are similar to those of heterosexuals. And what is the problem anyway?

For a homosexual there is nothing wrong and its neither a mistake, and they do not appreciate being told so. As Angela mentioned what two concenting adults do is not much of anyones business. Did you know that not all homosexuals go parading? Did you know that a good number of homosexual males become priests? Did you know that there are different types of homosexual characters and lifestyles. Not very different from the spectrum of behaviors you find among heterosexuals.

Its a natural behavior since recorded history, no point in keep saying a bad behavior and all the other adjectives you use. It is what it is and its not going to change

Taboo countries where persecution (even execution) is still rampant are African and Islamic countries. I am not sure who has marbles missing with this kind of behavior. China as it developed has improved its attitude towards homosexuals like most first world countries do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_China

of course you are and you also think its ok. You stated homosexuals are not beneficial. That is a heavy statement and has lots of repercussions. Let me know how non beneficial we are please. I am the only person caring for my sick mum and I have two sisters and a brother who are very grateful for what I do, and been told if it wasnt for me she would be in a home as they could not cope with commitments. I met a friend in the mall I haven't seen in years and told me he nursed his Mother until she passed away a few months ago. Say that to Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci. Respect please.

Unfortunately life is not all about ideal situations. A fact you are leaving out is that not all is Black and White. How about the shades of Gray? Why is there orphans in the world? Some children have been abounded by their parents and some have also been mistreated. Its the exception not the rule thank goodness. If they can live in orphanages why cant they live with a homosexual couple? and more focused attention for a better upbringing. Not everyone qualifies like not all hetero couple qualify for some reason or another, but who does makes a pretty good job.

all i can read is negative remarks and generalization.....far from the truth.

your arguments are all emotional ones and though you cant believe it I really am not trying to make you or any homosexual feel bad, its actually the exact opposite of what i wan to do. take that as you like but its the truth

now to your statments.

1)You are putting words in my mouth. I never would say to my child " You are not good" or "You are not normal" actually i would say the exact opposite you are totally normal and fine, everybody can have homosexual attractions some stronger than others its what kind of mindset and what kind of actions you choose to give yourself up to. Loving my child doesnt mean approving of everthing he or she does, actually good parenting means being loving but standing up for whats right even if it hurts your childs feelings at the time.

2)again never claimed heterosexuals are better than homosexuals, im very aware that there are some gays just like anybody who are kinder and better people than many many heterosexuals including myself

3) OCD has been around for ever as well so have many mental conditions, incestual relationships have been around for ever as well. Im curious do you believe an adult mother and son have the right to marry? as they are consenting adults who arent hurting anyone. I dont mean to be provocative with this question just curious about your answer.

4) Russia is not a third world country and they dont approve of homsexuality many south american countries also dont actually the vast majority of the world still does not approve of homosexuality but yes this argument isnt really important

5) I didnt say homosexuals arent beneficial, everyones life is equal we are all humans. I said homosexuality the act of it isnt beneficial and i think it speaks for itself as it doesnt lead to anything but physical pleasure. Again i realize there are many many good homosexuals

6)actually life is about trying to take less ideal situations and creating more ideal ones especially for children. Obviously if an orphaned child on the street is adopted by two homosexuals who give him a safe and good life its more ideal, however a heterosexual couple is the most ideal because it best replaces his or hers mother and father and allows the child to grow up experiencing both sexes and not just one. The fact is there are more couples trying to adopt than there are actual children up for adoption at least in the u.s and the vast majority are heterosexual couples.

7) not trying to be negative just voicing my thoughts on this subject.

Actually I really have researched the subject quite in depth at least at one time, and honestly there has never been any real scientific evidence to support the fact that they were born this way. As i mentioned before almost all have been quasi psuedoscientific studies that dont in the end prove anything. Such as the example that I believe is even given on this website claiming things like a younger son with multiple older brothers is more likely to be gay because his testosterone rate is lower..this statment doesnt prove anything in itself as lower testosterone would mean a lack of sex drive not that your attracted to members of your own sex. I know and have known plenty of gay men who were extremely masculine, essentially bodybuilders and from getting to know them and talking to them. They thought and acted just like any man, and it was quite easy for me to understand them and their way of thinking. someone can claim all he wants that he or she has been like that since the time they were born but that also isnt a proof in itself. Children arent born with sexual attraction we develople that later and sexual attraction can be and is a very maluable and can be bendable in many many directions. I know and understand those people are genuinely attracted to the same sex, im not doubting their sincerity at the same time I honestly think many many homosexuals are not happy that way and actually in a way have bought into the modern concept that you are either gay or straight and feel they have no choice they were born that way and have no say in it, and i also dont agree with this. Studies have shown that many homosexuals were molested as children (one claiming upwards of 60%) and obviously this will have massive affects on your orientation. As i mentioned before I knew someone who worked as a psychologist( the person was gay) with young teens who had been molested, and he told me one of the most common statments he gets from them after their experience is they tell him they now believe they are gay as they are having same sex attractions. Also as mentioned exclusive homosexuality is a modern construct and was not common in ancient greek and roman times were people essentially believed it was good to be both and just do whatever. Exclusive homosexuality is also extremely rare in the animal kingdom outside of humans, yes homosexual behavior is common but being exclusively homosexual is almost never seen outside of humans.

also i believe we have to be objective and just seriously think about the subject with out letting ourselves be influenced by whats popular today and what the media feeds us. Someone famous( lol i cant remember who now) said something to the extent of : theres nothing common to man that I cant comprehend. I really agree with this statment. Every man( though many wont admit it) has had sexual attractions to all sorts of stuff. If I actually did the things ive done in my dreams i would be arrested and put in a mental assylum and this is the case for every man. I can very easily see how certain situations and experiences can affect our orientation and if people are honest i believe they would agree with me. Im not saying these things to be intolerant or to make people feel bad and act like im perfect thats the last thing i would want to do, but i dont believe society is on the right track with this, and i honestly think homosexuals would be happier deep down knowing that they are normal and just like everybody else and we all could be like them and are like them regardless if we choose to live in that mindset

and yes obviously gay people can be talented and wonderful people creating beutiful music and poems. Im a big fan of a lot of gay actors and musicians and I dont think of them as bad people. George michael has always been a favorite of mine and is one of the best looking guys ive ever seen! still these are more emotional arguments and dont take away from anything ive said.

you might find this interesting angela, its from a pro gay website specifically speaking about this subject.

https://socialinqueery.com/2013/03/18/no-one-is-born-gay-or-straight-here-are-5-reasons-why/

well well. I said this many times and I say it again. I was brought up in a very conservative family. My brother is just 1 year older then me, we have same mother same enviorment. Never had porn around and never been molested and I am homosexual and always been since adolescence. There are different grades including bisexuality which is very real too. There are children that were born very feminine to the point they feel more like a women that they feel its natural to qualify for gender reassignment while most homosexuals do not fall in that category. You make it sound like its some kind of choice which is definitely not. If not I would be happy to know if you ever had to chose your sexuality, because I did not have to. I always knew what I was and most heterosexual had no issues in choosing. Sexuality is not something you choose by something you already are. I love to know how many people struggled with choosing their sexuality here. Why make it so complicated? I never came across any homosexual who just press a switch and go from homosexual to heterosexual or the other way round. Thats something that only happens in repressed societies and communities as an excuse through the insecurity of living in an unaccepting environment moving to a more accepting one. Fakeness in never really recommended and repressed societies that can be a mode of survival.

your arguments are all emotional ones and though you cant believe it I really am not trying to make you or any homosexual feel bad, its actually the exact opposite of what i wan to do. take that as you like but its the truth

now to your statments.

1)You are putting words in my mouth. I never would say to my child " You are not good" or "You are not normal" actually i would say the exact opposite you are totally normal and fine, everybody can have homosexual attractions some stronger than others its what kind of mindset and what kind of actions you choose to give yourself up to. Loving my child doesnt mean approving of everthing he or she does, actually good parenting means being loving but standing up for whats right even if it hurts your childs feelings at the time.

There are your own words srdceleva............. but to try and act as they are good is something i could never do. I would reason exactly the same if my child was gay. I would love him and accept him but i would never aprove of homosexuality as a good and healthy behavior just as I dont approve of my own behavior when it isnt good or healthy

3) OCD has been around for ever as well so have many mental conditions, incestual relationships have been around for ever as well. Im curious do you believe an adult mother and son have the right to marry? as they are consenting adults who arent hurting anyone. I dont mean to be provocative with this question just curious about your answer.

Two persons of the same sex loving each other has nothing to do with Mother and Child, has nothing to do with pedophilia, has nothing to do with 3 person marriage, has nothing to with bestiality and has nothing to do with OCD.

4) Russia is not a third world country and they dont approve of homsexuality many south american countries also dont actually the vast majority of the world still does not approve of homosexuality but yes this argument isnt really important

?

5) I didnt say homosexuals arent beneficial, everyones life is equal we are all humans. I said homosexuality the act of it isnt beneficial and i think it speaks for itself as it doesnt lead to anything but physical pleasure. Again i realize there are many many good homosexuals

what is wrong with physical pleasure. Many heterosexuals do it too without procreation. Homosexuals not allowed? really?

well well. I said this many times and I say it again. I was brought up in a very conservative family. My brother is just 1 year older then me, we have same mother same enviorment. Never had porn around and never been molested and I am homosexual and always been since adolescence. There are different grades including bisexuality which is very real too. There are children that were born very feminine to the point they feel more like a women that they feel its natural to qualify for gender reassignment while most homosexuals do not fall in that category. You make it sound like its some kind of choice which is definitely not. If not I would be happy to know if you ever had to chose your sexuality, because I did not have to. I always knew what I was and most heterosexual had no issues in choosing. Sexuality is not something you choose by something you already are. I love to know how many people struggled with choosing their sexuality here. Why make it so complicated? I never came across any homosexual who just press a switch and go from homosexual to heterosexual or the other way round. Thats something that only happens in repressed societies and communities as an excuse through the insecurity of living in an unaccepting environment moving to a more accepting one. Fakeness in never really recommended and repressed societies that can be a mode of survival.

never claimed that you and other homosexuals arent genuine and sincere in your orientation. I know and believe you are. I also dont believe you chose to be that way like flipping on a switch, we cant choose our attractions but this isnt an argument proving that you were genetically born this way and that it isnt a mental issue. Also there are many heterosexual men who have worried they were gay before, seriously worried and were in depression. I know people in my own family who are straight and genuinely straight and went through worrying they might be gay at one point and now are totally confident in being straight and not even fazed by that issue. Ive also known friends who were like this and they werent gay and still arent. Actually the question "Am I gay" is one of the most common questions psychologists get from teens and even adults and the vast majority of those people are straight. Its not such a black and white issue and as i said i dont believe in those terms gay and straight, not all of my desires have been completely straight in my life time, doesnt mean i would act on them.

Never claimed you were molested or involved with porn, you dont mention a father being around though.

There are your own words srdceleva............. but to try and act as they are good is something i could never do. I would reason exactly the same if my child was gay. I would love him and accept him but i would never aprove of homosexuality as a good and healthy behavior just as I dont approve of my own behavior when it isnt good or healthy

Two persons of the same sex loving each other has nothing to do with Mother and Child, has nothing to do with pedophilia, has nothing to do with 3 person marriage, has nothing to with bestiality and has nothing to do with OCD.

?

what is wrong with physical pleasure. Many heterosexuals do it too without procreation. Homosexuals not allowed? really?

youre not even discussing with me any more. Yes read my own words i said "Homosexuality" not "homosexuals" i clearly made that distinction but you dont want to grant me that i can be a rational and carrying human being while opposed to homosexuality

dont want to disturb your peace, if your in peace then dont read my comments, ive said what ive had to say and people can take from it what they want. all the best to you, really all the best!

@Bicicleur,

Well, with women there are no performance issues really, so I don't see the problem.

The fact that a man can perform with a woman if he must doesn't mean he's not gay or should be labeled bi-sexual. Some men can't seem to perform with a woman, however, and that has indeed created problems if they were supposed to produce an heir.

I mean, you have Edward II of England and James I of Scotland and England whose conduct with their favorites was considered scandalous even then. You could argue that they were bisexual, but it seems to me as if they were just homosexual men who fulfilled their responsibilities with their wives, but otherwise were gay. There's Phillipe I, Duke of Orleans, as well, who is the ancestor of most modern royalty, but who was openly and unabashedly homosexual when not fulfilling his duty unenthusiastically by getting his two wives pregnant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_II_of_England#Rift_with_Isabella
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_I,_Duke_of_Orléans

Ludwig II of Bavaria doesn't seem to have been able to manage it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_II_of_Bavaria

It also has to be said that the church was a refuge for a lot of homosexual men over the centuries.

A man wanting to and actually sleeping with two women at the same time is hardly noteworthy, is it? It's just that they don't say they're "married" to both women. As for a man marrying two women, I don't know if I would call that bizarre, either. That's polygamy, and a lot of cultures think it's totally unremarkable. I guess you're not used to polygamous people in Europe. Here, we have the fundamentalist, break away Mormon sects. Now, the marriages after the first one are not legal, but the relationships exist. What I object to is the fact that the man can't support all of his children, and so the wives have a different residence and collect welfare and other benefits.

Don't misunderstand; I have no sympathy with polygamy whatsoever, and I think any woman willingly participating must be mad.

youre not even discussing with me any more. Yes read my own words i said "Homosexuality" not "homosexuals" i clearly made that distinction but you dont want to grant me that i can be a rational and carrying human being while opposed to homosexuality

dont want to disturb your peace, if your in peace then dont read my comments, ive said what ive had to say and people can take from it what they want. all the best to you, really all the best!

I am strong thanks. I could not have been. I am a homosexual happy with my homosexuality and I pay my taxes and try to do good. I have a relationship of 16 years and I dont want to marry my mother and neither have OCD. All the best to you too :)

maybe you are confusing apples with oranges? you know the difference? nothing bizarre happens with Heterosexuals?

the lesbian women with her fake penis is bizarre

the demand for the 3-way marriage may be legitimate in this case

that is why I put them in a seperate quote

if you legalise gay marriage, why not legalise the 3-way marriage?
where do you draw the line?

are you upset that I mention this?

T

Why do you have to mention pedophilia?

Why do you object to a relationship between a mother and a 'child' if they are adults? Or a 3-person (or 10-person) marriage of various sexes who 'love each other'? You will use a moral argument, I think.

the lesbian women with her fake penis is bizarre

the demand for the 3-way marriage may be legitimate in this case

that is why I put them in a seperate quote

if you legalise gay marriage, why not legalise the 3-way marriage?
where do you draw the line?

are you upset that I mention this?

:) of course I am not upset, its just we are discussing Gay marriage when a person loves another person of the same sex (not related of course in 100% of cases) and want to make a bond official. Heterosexuals do it even if they do not intend to procreate. What you state is truly not relevant to the subject. Simple no?

Why do you have to mention pedophilia?

Why do you object to a relationship between a mother and a 'child' if they are adults? Or a 3-person (or 10-person) marriage of various sexes who 'love each other'? You will use a moral argument, I think.

I mentioned pedophilia because some less informed people espesially in uneducated circles mistake it with homosexuality, and been used a pretext even on this forum. Gay marriages have nothing to do with this. Re other issue I did not approve or object in my post as you stated. I just stated when two people of the same sex want to unite has nothing to do with was has been mentioned. Most often to put a negative light on the issue.

If you want my opinion polygamy already existed and also approved by historical Moses (if there ever was such). Some Jews and Muslims do practice it. I am not in favor of it personally, but if the people involved feel fine with it, so be it, however I feel that even were its allowed it does not happen often. Same with son and Mother or other way round. This has nothing to do with people who are born attracted to the same sex falling in love and wanting to make their bond official. I have never come across yet a son who wants to marry his mother or a daughter his daddy, so the whole aspect is totally ridiculous. Whats next? A man marrying his dog? how come no one mentioned it yet. Its one of the favourites of the anti gay marriage lobby.....with the slogan god created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve...or something to that effect.... :rolleyes:

:) of course I am not upset, its just we are discussing Gay marriage when a person loves another person of the same sex (not related of course in 100% of cases) and want to make a bond official. Heterosexuals do it even if they do not intend to procreate. What you state is truly not relevant to the subject. Simple no?

why is it not relevant?
do you think these 3 people can't make a good and stable family?
do you think there will be no lasting love in the house? to much jealousy?

if you accept gay marriage, why not discuss this kind of families?

why is it not relevant?
do you think these 3 people can't make a good and stable family?
do you think there will be no lasting love in the house? to much jealousy?

if you accept gay marriage, why not discuss this kind of families?

You can start a new thread about group marriage. Its not very relevant to this thread.

Marriage among gays? Spanish television has recorded a documentary in Russia. There are geeks in the purest style of black novel that are dedicated to locate homosexual teachers and get the Russian government expel these teachers from their jobs destroying their lives. How stupid would you think kids are going to be gay because their teacher is gay or lesbian? The gays in Russia live in terror, hiding all day, any unfortunate can beat or kill or expel them from their jobs. I did not know that in Russia they were so far behind, I was perplexed. It is much more productive and healthy to have a happy person, who can develop his life fully and not someone frightened by going to the psychologist, getting dirty with all the damage he causes around and about himself. I expose him thus to see if these donkeys realize.

Poor gays and lesbians from Russia!!!

If the friends that I have that are gay get married, my freindship would not change whatsoever. All I would say is that I am against what he is doing but I would be cool with it, just so long as the my gay friend doesn't let it come between our friendship.

This thread has been viewed 381293 times.

Back