"Curse of the Asian Man"

jet_dee said:
It's just how certain people, in particular all Asian ethnicities, not just Oriental, are brought up. Culture-wise, it's seen as unacceptable to go for anything outside of your race. And in the Western world, oppression like that no longer needs to be heeded, because the young generation has the freedom to do what they like.

Are you saying that Japanese youth has less freedom than Western youth ? I don't think so. The reason lies in the culture itslef that hasn't had time to evolve to cosmopolitanism yet. Another fact is that Japan and even more so other Asian countries (each at different level), are slower to adapt their way of thinking to societal changes.

mad pierrot said:
He better be careful, with that kind of complex he could end up pulling a Michael Jackson.
:blush:

And come home with Kool-Aid on his breath?

Come home with crayon stains on his shirt collar?

:D :p :cool: :relief: :shock: :D :p :cool: :relief: :shock:
:D :p :cool: :relief: :shock:

Anyone who's going to go around saying they want a person strictly based on their looks is shallower

A lot of guys from Hong Kong are like that but they don't say it. :D

Anyone who's going to go around saying they want a person strictly based on how much money they make or what kind of car they drive is shallowest.

A lot of girls from China (including Hk and Taiwan), Japan and Korea are like that but they don't say it. :D

The truth is...I would rather be a shallow person with lots of money than a profound person without any money. (^_^)

From my 31 years of experience as a human being, most beautiful women don't care much about poor men with really deep thoughts. But if you are a poor man with really deep thoughts and you are deeply in love with a beautiful woman, in most cases even the shollowest women are nice enough to return the favor by letting you to be their "guardian angel". i.e. chauffer, plumber, listener & etc. :blush:

So, what about happiness?

Isn't that all that matters? If so, should I plugg into the Matrix?

Which would you choose, happy lie or cruel truth? Or is the truth not really cruel, but just seems that way, and the lie not really happy, but just blinding?

:D :D :D

:D
the cruel truth!!!!!!!!I get to be the One!!!!!

[goes to kitchen and eats lumpy oatmeal[matrix1]]

Watching poor William Hung performing on the Tonight Show last night (http://www.williamhung.net/) made me think of this thread.
I can't believe he doesn't realize he's just being made a big joke--a caricature, feeding into the negative image of the Oriental male on national television. I mean, he has NO singing talent, he has a really bad accent you could barely understand what he's saying, and IMO not much in terms of looks, and he has a CD out?!?!?!?!?! -- his album "Inspiration". WTF is that? There have been times when I turned down acting parts because I found them to be demeaning. If he really had talent I would support him 100%--I might even buy his CD.

It's one thing if someone like Hiromi Goh who really CAN sing and has good looks is also occasionally featured on TV, then people would see how there really are different types of Oriental performers. But they rarely get any exposure on TV and when they do, it's usually a joke like William Hung.

It's one thing if someone like Hiromi Goh who really CAN sing and has good looks is also occasionally featured on TV, then people would see how there really are different types of Oriental performers. But they rarely get any exposure on TV and when they do, it's usually a joke like William Hung.

Hmm...this sounds very familiar. Ah, it reminds me of the person who's playing the victim!

Author of the linked article at the beginning of this thread said:
I'm finally going to clue you in to the plight all Asian Men face. Have you ever noticed that an Asian Guy is never the stud on campus?

Jean-Francois said:
Hmm...this sounds very familiar. Ah, it reminds me of the person who's playing the victim!

How is it familiar?

I welcome you to refute anything I said in my post. Mon frere.

I welcome you to refute anything I said in my post. Mon frere.

But it's no fun to refute anything you said in your post. ( >_< )
I don't like to debate. It reminds me of Ping Pong Ball.

Anyway, I am going to retreat from this thread now. Ma soeur. (^_^)

I've read the article of him and I think there is quite a lot of exageration in it. I think there are enough things that we East Asians can be proud about.

Wow, how much more wineing can one do? If that is not trying to make people pitty you I dont know what is! What a waste of time for him to make that, no wonder e gets no girls! :p

In response to The Curse of the Asian Man:
You know that was a really long cry for help. After reading that disturbing article of his, I checked the FAQ section and found something that sums up his whole article.
Are you really as Racist / Sexist / Violent / Bitter / Evil / Arrogant as your website makes you seem?

Yes.

Yep, that about sums it up. Poor thing...with that attitude I'm sure all girls, regardless of ethnic background, will run in the opposite direction of him. I guess he'll catch on one day. Golgo, how do you find such articles?

It was posted in a Japanese Drama site's forum.

I know you mean "Student of Life" by your name, but try "jinsei" instead of "seimei" for "life". "Seimei" is used in matters such as life insurance. "Jinsei" is the life that someone lives as a day to day process. BTW, "inochi" is life spirit.

haha I read to here : "Is it because they're not as capable as anyone else? No, it's because God hates us." and just couldn't be bothered with reading the rest.. :D

Porl''

I've seen enough asian guys being fascinated with caucasian women to believe this rant can go both ways.

Also, the guy has clearly not visited places where there are lots of asian guys - they're not any less successful in finding dates in university campuses (like my alma mater) than their caucasian competition.

haha i don't know which part of the world you live in but where i live, asian guys are always the stud.

Personally, I thought that article was pretty funny. And obviously, I didnt take it seriously, even though it had some truth to it. I think it really shouldn't be taken seriously by any one!!!! It was so racist and contradictory, dont even waste your time!! But I saw it as a form of amusement, at the least. =P

This thread has been viewed 26738 times.

Back