Q&A : When should I give reputation to someone ?

Buddha Smoker said:
I was curious too? I only see two reputation posts but it says a total of 28 points...is one rep post worth 14 or did others just not leave comments?
I think it doesn't worth 14, because one day I had 11 and the other one I had 14 ... And I havent seen any comment :p

Riven said:
I think it doesn't worth 14, because one day I had 11 and the other one I had 14 ... And I havent seen any comment :p

Then tell me what you get after I leave you a comment :?

I left you a reputation just now.

I now have 18 points. So your reputation gave me 4 points (thx :D)
I can also see the comment left aside.
Is it always same number of points we have ?

I currently have 33 points. I don't believe its the same number of points, i believe each time you get a point it goes up a certain number. Like you get 2 points the first time and then the next time you get 4 instead of 2 and then the next time 6 instead of 2. :relief: maybe something like that. Hope it helps. Maybe i should go and read that faq thomas put up on this.

EscaFlowne said:
I currently have 33 points. I don't believe its the same number of points, i believe each time you get a point it goes up a certain number. Like you get 2 points the first time and then the next time you get 4 instead of 2 and then the next time 6 instead of 2. :relief: maybe something like that. Hope it helps. Maybe i should go and read that faq thomas put up on this.
I think I understand :p :relief:
I think I should read it too :blush:

It helped a little. But not point wise. May just have to ask Maciamo. :)

EscaFlowne said:

There's a FAQ?...I really need to look around more. :D

yea, Thomas put this up first
FAQ :cool:

I'm Not Sure , But ....

I think when an ol timer gives you "rep" you get a lot of points from that person as compared with a newer person with a low post count ?

Frank

:blush:

the number of points you get from a reputation depends on the person who gave it to you. admins and mods give (and take away) more than regular members. also the higher the reputation of the "giver" the more they will give. i think post count and duration of membership also factor in abit too.

And you can't give reputation to some people if you have less than 100 post I think. I know I couldn't give any to some people with a lot of posts when I only had 50.

EscaFlowne said:
yea, Thomas put this up first
FAQ :cool:

Thanks.

jeisan said:
the number of points you get from a reputation depends on the person who gave it to you. admins and mods give (and take away) more than regular members. also the higher the reputation of the "giver" the more they will give. i think post count and duration of membership also factor in abit too.

That helps explain the mystery of it. It's a cool system. Thanks again.

jeisan said:

I'd have to admit that is pretty tight. Thanks for the info. Wow, i hope someone with a high post count and status[admin] hits me with some points. I wonder how much would i go up. :lol:

EscaFlowne said:
I'd have to admit that is pretty tight. Thanks for the info. Wow, i hope someone with a high post count and status[admin] hits me with some points. I wonder how much would i go up. :lol:

At least others might help :hey:

True that :cool:

youre both welcome, the only downside is that i dont think all that many people use the system. even when they like or agree with a post they dont give rep. id say only a handful of the total members, so it would work better if more people used it.

jeisan said:
youre both welcome, the only downside is that i dont think all that many people use the system. even when they like or agree with a post they dont give rep. id say only a handful of the total members, so it would work better if more people used it.

Well, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. Thanks too.

I still don't get a thing (well..maybe I missed it on the FAQ) but what does a red lantern mean? Oo
Does it means I was awarded a bad point?

EDIT: never mind it was a bug...it became grey...

The gray light in your user cp from someone giveing you a point is most likely someone giving you a point who has a bad reputation. I have one graylight from a little cat-demon named sanyolover. It was a good reputation point it's just here light is gray meaning she got a bad reputation point.

I say in our sigs we promote the reputation system! :balloon: that way everyone could see it and think about it.

This thread has been viewed 33857 times.

Back