Long hair for a man!

Don't worry man, mine is also very long, going all the way down on my spine... :) Look at the avatar...

Just tell those that contradict you just becoz you seem like a girl...

Com on man, girls have two eyes, twe feet, two hands... Should I cut one of these not to resemble girls? :)

Opponents gets dunked when propose the sentence above... Try it...

If your hair is unmanagable, just get a set of clippers and cut it down really short. At that length, it won't matter if it's really curly or what. I used to have long hair back in the day, but last summer I was outside alot exercising and swimming and stuff so I buzzed my hair down to 12mm and I really got to like it. I didn't even think it would look good on me but it actually does. And now I'm really spoiled by never having to spend any time or money going to the salon or combing/drying it.

I also had short hair last summer.
I hated it... now its taking me months to grow it back.
I am trying to get it to grow below my ears.

m477 : while it is more manageable, it has less style, less expressive quality. Doesn't mean it's an inferior look, that's only subjective anyways.

However, living 16 years with that cut makes you wanna go for 160 (meh, we might live that long) without cutting :p

Long hair is cool, I have short hair but I think long hair rules, take Inuyasha or Kenshin they are the coolest! But I also like short hair, take Vash from Trigun (not real short but its cool).

What your hair looks like is up to you. Of course, you have to realize that a lot of people will think you either look like a huge sissy, a nerd/geek trying to be cool like sephiroth, or just a joke. If it is plain long hair, that is much better than a mullet (see www.ratemymullet.com for more details on that). When I see a guy with long hair I think Yanni, Fabio, or the fat computer guy who has an big ego even though you don't see why or how.

edited to add - i'm feeling pessimistic right now so I'm probably a little harsher than usual

I had long hair,and I cut it about 6 months ago

my family kept telling me to cut it
they think that guys with long hair are bad,or/and give people bad impressions

personally i think guys with long hair is a no no! i hate it BUT it can look good sometimes (rarely but still), and in any case no longer than shoulder lenght.....wouldn't like to date a guy that has longer hair than me....:p
although i think girls find it hot sometimes.... :?

My verdict

Long hair, by consensus, is acceptable. This is 2004, not 1954, so it's A-OK!

Have you ever seen them JApanese Samurai ???? They have long hair and ik looks Freaking AWESOME !!!!!! :D ...And them Scottish ppl....William Wallace...(Mel Gibson in Braveheart)....Long hair was for REAL men back in the old days :) .....If I would look good with long hair I would let them grow...but.... :souka:

Hachiko said:
Long hair, by consensus, is acceptable. This is 2004, not 1954, so it's A-OK!

i never said it wasn't acceptable i just game my own personal opinion (hence the title of the forum) : i find guys with long hair very unattractive....what's wrong with that? it' "A-NO-NO" for me!! (wouldn't know what it was like in 1954....wasn't born yet!)

Well, I have long hair too. I didn't have any problem in Japan so far, but when I went to korea, things were different... It's almost impossible to meet a Korean guiy with long hair. Maybe due to the harrassing 2 years and a half long military obligations, boys are sometimes "formatted" to think long hair> girl. Of course this is not true for everybody, but still, long hair in Korea is much problem than long hair in Japan...

I think long hair on guys is fine Ten'shi-no-Shippuu. :cool:
Besides, your hair = your choice.
I used to have really long hair (about to the top of my hips), but it was so thick and heavy that I cut it. I could only ever wear it in a braid...if I let it hang loose or even just had it up in a basic ponytail it'd turn into a single giant knot :auch: Now it's usually just above the shoulders, layered and just long anough to tie back if I want.....so 'anime' :D :blush:

umm long hair for guys, is a real no no i think. Well for me anyway. But its your choice, and it doesnt really mattter !
I usually struggle to tell if its a male of female if a guy has long hair :LOL:

But its up to the person !

I tried to leave my hair long for while, but i have really straight hair so it wasn't workin out so well, I would have liked to have had brades done but I knew no one that could help me. Anyways, I used to think that long hair on guys was no good, but it just depends on the person, on some people it looks nice, on some not so nice.

Gaki said:
My hair is this long now.

Yum...um...I mean it looks nice, Gaki. :blush:

This thread has been viewed 37798 times.

Back