Iraqi abuse by american soldiers

I do not like what they did and perhaps they are doing in Guantanamo....
I don't understsand why Bush and Blair gave to Iraqui pepole their excuses...
one italian (not a soldier) has been shut in the face after some day prisoner
and there are other 3 in their hand.....the tv did not show how they killed as those
are very discuntig images..probably the head was destroyed for a near shut
have some iraqui said officilally excuse us to our gov.mnt?
That person was young and not a soldier.....and now that family still cannot get
his body.....and the families of the other 3 are waiting now more for a month...
now we press silence ordered by the gov.mnt as not to disturbs local contacts
and here......Excuses for what? Those iraqui suffered....and our guys there are suffering too and perhaps they will be killed like chicken (i hope not)
hello
Ippolito

and some americans wonder why other nations hate us...we're not as wonderful as we say we are, and this is proof! no longer can we claim to be better than everyone <not that we were better to begin with..>

I think that the problem is that us army etc..are the first in a convetional war in the sea and in the sky.....like they did in II world war.....
but they aren't so clever to fight guerriillla as happend in Vietnam and now in Iraq...
now among the common people is possible to have a terrorist.....that he will jump up with bombs killing all around us soldiers children women....
(they should not be called kamikaze as kamikaze were sacrifing their life against
war cruises or carriers not to kill people in the street).
The only way, in my poor opinion, is to mediate and have many meeetings with intemediates trying to escape of this dayly killing..
I think that when Onu will take the control...Iraq risks a civil war ...
Perhaps Kerry if will get the presidence could change the us world policy.....
but that day is far and personally I do not know Kerry....as I do not live in Us.
There the power is not only in the president hands...
hello all
Ippolito

Leave it to a few idiots to add on to our already hated reputation

Our guys never tortured any of the prisoners. So we took off their clothes and put an underwear over their heads. Our president had to go apologize to the entire world.

Then those F'ing terrorists chop off a civilian's head off and hold it by the hair and run around like a kid on X'mas day with a new toy. And videotape it for the world to see.

What about the U.S. civilians who were burnt alive, mutilated, and hung from a bridge in Faluuja?

On talk radio last night, a black man called in and said these terrorists are the Ku Klux Klan of the middle-east.

Who's apologizing for these scumbag animals' behavior?

And how about the US Miltary enlistee's that were drug through the streets?

From what I understand, the abuse at US detention centres is much more serious than just taking sexually depraved pictures of prisoners (which is bad enough). According to news reports today from US lawmakers, photos and video footage as yet unreleased to the public shows much worse acts, some involving prisoner's corpses and even more degrading acts of torture and sexual abuse. They made it clear that it was not just a case of taking disgusting pictures, there have been cases of murder and severe torture involved, which is every bit as depraved and disgusting as those terrorists who cut off the head of that poor 26 year old the other day.

As for the behaviour of Iraqi rebels, it has been condemned in just about every media forum in the world. For christ's sake, the US sent the Marines into Fallujah right after the brutal murder of those 4 mercenaries and killed over 600 people, mostly civilians, in revenge. Don't worry about that being 'apologized' for.

The difference between the case of the US soldiers and the militants who cut that guy's head off is that everyone expects terrorists to behave like depraved lunatics. When US soldiers, who allegedly went into Iraq to 'liberate' the country, start acting in the same manner its a bit more surprising, wouldn't you say?

Golgo_13 said:
Our guys never tortured any of the prisoners. So we took off their clothes and put an underwear over their heads. Our president had to go apologize to the entire world.

Then those F'ing terrorists chop off a civilian's head off and hold it by the hair and run around like a kid on X'mas day with a new toy. And videotape it for the world to see.
Well, I suppose, Bush was pretty relieved that this happened, that distracts from the US practice of torturing detainees.

Golgo, I think, you make the same mistake as many other US Americans: not taking into account the Arab mentality. Being naked in front of strangers (esp. women) is very humiliating for them. The way this was done very much looks like it was planned by people who very well know how to break the will of Muslims.
Anyway, as Senseiman said, it was much worse than what has yet been published, & it was not unique to Abu Ghraib. A German news team (led by C.M. Fr?hder) reported similar events from other places even before Abu Ghraib was first made public. The world didn't take much notice back then. The ICRC & AI also reported such cases for a long time.

Furthermore, common Iraqis are just as appalled by the beheading as most Westerners are. The perpetrators are terrorists, probably from Al Qaeda. Most Iraqi insurgents are not.

BTW, you mentioned these alleged US civilians in Falluja. What about all those Iraqi civilians killed by US troops (& not just by accident)? In most cases this is probably "collateral damage", but this also happens deliberately, even ambulances are targeted.

bossel said:
BTW, you mentioned these alleged US civilians in Falluja. What about all those Iraqi civilians killed by US troops (& not just by accident)?

Oh yes, now I remember. All the Iraqi civilians that U.S. troops set on fire and dragged their bodies and hung from bridges.

So it's humiliating for them? Too F'ing bad. At least they're still alive. We have to be sensitive to their emotions? They're in prisons for a reason !

Furthermore, common Iraqis are just as appalled by the beheading as most Westerners are. The perpetrators are terrorists, probably from Al Qaeda. Most Iraqi insurgents are not.
Terrorists in this case, Islamic governments with public squares for beatings, beheadings & executions in the next, the practice of 'honor killings' in the next, women's rights in the next. What the pictures show would be wrong anywhere -- no need to single out Arabs in particular for their sensitivity to violence and degradation, sexual or otherwise.

Golgo_13 said:
Oh yes, now I remember. All the Iraqi civilians that U.S. troops set on fire and dragged their bodies and hung from bridges.

So it's humiliating for them? Too F'ing bad. At least they're still alive. We have to be sensitive to their emotions? They're in prisons for a reason !

golgo 13, i agree with senseiman. personally, i think you are saying these things out of either hate or simply misunderstanding. you are saying that because terriorists do bad, evil things, its okay for us to do these things to them. if that's the case, what makes us different from them if we use the same brutality? and how hypocritcal! most 1st world countreies make a point out of treating prisoners humanely, yet you advocate treating them horribly because 'they deserve it'! and they're obviously not still alive, if it has been shown already that some of the prisoners were murdered, and torture! my god, that goes against everything america supposedly stands for!!! of course he had to apologize, for it was wrong. what the some did to civlians and other people were wrong too, but the u.s. claims to be better and have a superior political and moral system concerning its 'enlightened', yet here is an instance were its obviously not true. it doesn't matter if you or anyone else think they deserve it, its not for you -or those soldeirs- to decide that they had the right to torture, sexually harass, or murder those people. doing things back to people and seeking revenge only excaberates the problems, not solves it! i hope i never hear you complaining about the isreali/palestinian conflict, because by your logic, you would make decisions that result in the same vicious cycle the people in that area are stuck in: violence begets violence and continual revenge and retribution. think about it.

Okay Miss Ashuri. Fine, you've convinced me. Stripping the prisoners of their clothes and putting an underwear over their head is the SAME thing as taking a civilian and slicing his head off and VIDEOTAPING the whole thing to show to the world. I understand now, with your help.

If there's a terrorist attack in your city, go ahead and blame the American government.

I won't say any more in this thread. It's pointless.

Golgo_13 said:
Okay Miss Ashuri. Fine, you've convinced me. Stripping the prisoners of their clothes and putting an underwear over their head is the SAME thing as taking a civilian and slicing his head off and VIDEOTAPING the whole thing to show to the world. I understand now, with your help.

If there's a terrorist attack in your city, go ahead and blame the American government.

Didn't you read the above posts? Its not just videotaping people naked that is going on, there have been cases of murder, homosexual rape and extreme beatings at US military prisons in Iraq. Please explain to us the difference between American soldiers beating unarmed Iraqi prisoners to death and Islamic terrorists murdering unarmed American prisoners. How is that any different? Is it really too much to ask of America's men in uniform that they NOT anally rape and murder defenseless people? I'm all ears, please try to explain your views in more detail, if you can.

Here's another article on this...

(AP) - More than 300 Iraqi detainees, some weeping and waving to friends, were released from the Abu Ghraib prison on Friday, a day after Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld made a surprise visit and insisted the Pentagon did not try to cover up abuses there. One bus carrying 40 prisoners left the jail and drove to an American military base in west Baghdad, where tribal leaders awaited some of them. One by one, prisoners got out, kneeled, and prayed beside the bus. Others left on the same bus, bound for other Baghdad neighborhoods.

Yahoo! NEws

Golgo_13 said:
They're in prisons for a reason !
Now that is funny! Of course they are! Or as one US commander told the German reporter, when asked what the detainees had done wrong: "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time." (re-translated from German)
In US detention are lots of innocent civilians, not just insurgents & surely not just terrorists.

In an article by Robert Fisk, he cites coalition authorities as estimating that about 60% of Iraqis held in detention are completely innocent of any wrongdoing and were simply swept up along with real insurgents in large scale USmilitary operations. Wrong place and the wrong time.

Golgo_13 said:

no, what's pointless is your refusal to listen to the evidence, where its more than just underwear over someone's head, i wouldn't care then. but this is rape, murder, and torture. go ahead and stick you head in the sand if you wish and try to pretend that these things that are happening aren't just as bad. they waved around the head on t.v., but we did basically the same thing by taking pics of them being torutred and smiling while we did it. and please, refrain from getting an attitude like someone's insutling you personally. and yes, a terrorist attack on my city wouldn;t surprise me cause i live on the largest u.s. infantry base i the world, so don't try to get smart by saying such things.

I think...

the "funniest" part of this is how surprised everyone is. What did everyone expect? Lollipops and karaoke? I'm not condoning what they did, but people should wake up to the reality of war. Bad things happen in war, and we're in one. And trust me, for everything that makes it on to the evening news, there is more that doesn't.

it is today news......some iraqui were using all the guns they have versus
italian soldiers they were firing from an hospital....
so when they get pepole in jail how is possible to know if there are iinocents?
they use children and civilians as a sheld.....
I think this could be a never ending story.....let them to their destiny....another
saddam will come there under the strong power and control of a religious imams

As cannot back in the past...i can image all the money have been spent in this war
that could be used to help poor people in this world......especially children
if us leaves Iraq...will be a flop all the recostructions by us and other countries that partecipated there....and bilions of dollars burned.
Us gov. did not evalute the power of the religion there....they should remember
Iran....coming out from there will be problems.....and now patrol it is very expensive
war it is a war and can happen everything very horrible...it is not like many hollywood films that one guy with a gun kills 100s of enemies
lets leave Rambo to the cinema...the reality is different....
I have seen the video that us guy not militar and his head on the terrorist hand..
it is a tremendous that guy had don a lot of experience to cut heads...with men not with chiken...
.....i can image the italian they shut in the face....here no one in Internet show it

This thread has been viewed 17654 times.

Back