Money for Babies

Ewok85

Reaction score
http://news.google.com.au/news?hl=en&edition=au&ie=UTF-8&q=$3000+Baby

Its coming up to federal election time and the current government has decided to start chucking money about. 2 new contraversial ones are $600 family bonus and $3000 baby bonus schemes.

Basically families with children get $600 for each child they have and women who have babies (starting yesterday) will receive $3000.

Personally I think its a bad idea, it gives a bad image to teenagers and will lead to people having babies just to have the money. Also is a blatant pre-election vote getting thingo. Even so I'll vote for them. I dont like the oppositions position on a number of things.

What do you think? Anything like this overseas?

I think the point is to increase the population because it is getting in the red-zone now with not enough children in the population or maybe continuity is a better word.

In Germany it's 154 ? (roughly 150 $) per month for the first, second & third child respectively, you get 179 ? for every further kid.

bossel said:
In Germany it's 154 ? (roughly 150 $) per month for the first, second & third child respectively, you get 179 ? for every further kid.

I didn't know they did that in Germany...interesting. What other countries do it, I wonder?

Japan has been doing this for years. The initial 3,000 is to offset the costs of the hospital and such, but every 3 or 4 months I believe the Mom gets Y70,000(I might be wrong) for each child until the child reaches Elementary school. (This was just recently changed, I believe that it used to be 4 years old but not sure) I know that the money comes in handy when raising children. I believe that the money is intended for unwed mothers though...not families.

CC1 said:
Japan has been doing this for years. The initial 3,000 is to offset the costs of the hospital and such, but every 3 or 4 months I believe the Mom gets Y70,000(I might be wrong) for each child until the child reaches Elementary school. (This was just recently changed, I believe that it used to be 4 years old but not sure) I know that the money comes in handy when raising children. I believe that the money is intended for unwed mothers though...not families.

But the government still pays for all hospital cost for children until the age of 3 or 4 (I forgot which one), it was a big help with my daughter.

This thread has been viewed 6127 times.

Back