Getting frustrated

Hioloi

Expert Gynecologist
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Turkish, Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-Z17855
I am working as hard as possible to figure out where my Grandpa originated from. He's an Albanian and passed the I-Z17855 Haplogroup onto me. I am not getting any information on this haplogroup regarding Albanians, it is Slavic though, probably of Serbian origin.

I have done g25 and I can literally modell myself with Albanian highlanders and the average Tosk. So these autosomal tests are not very helpful.

Same with DNA matches. I have matches in Northern Greece, Southern Albania, Kosovo and Serbia.

Not to mention Croatia and random ass matches from Germany, England and even Sweden ffs.

My goal is to figure out at least the region from where he hails, but it seems I have hit a brick wall.

Do you guys have any more tips or advice? Have you guys faced similar issues in your genealogical journey?

I think we need to analyze the records of your grandfather's birthplace! You need to start your research there!

I think we need to analyze the records of your grandfather's birthplace! You need to start your research there!
There's nothing about him. I asked my aunt and he apparently just showed up at our Town and started working there. There were rumors that he's from Söke, but that's coming from a very unreliable source.

This thread has been viewed 1461 times.

Back